Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
underwriter

STATE/PUBLIC SCHOOL PEOPLE

21 posts in this topic

For the people who went to state/public schools... did any of your teachers mention about 'setting up your own business'

or did they just drill in 'you need good grades to go to a good uni to work for a GOOD EMPLOYER' CONSTANTLY?

I find the parallels funny from state/pubic school perspective to a private/grammar school perspective in what they say/do/teach & enforce

ARE THESE THE REAL KEYS TO SUCCESS?

Public school is places like Eton

Would be surprised if anyone here went to public school.

I have however seen a group of young-ish ethnic people progressing through life in here, you should take motivation from that alone.

Actually quite a few people on here that went private school iirc

Yeah forum was very middle/upper working class after the rwd crossover

such bad uses of the "/" character

It's pretty ridiculous. :lol:

I went to a state school.

No teacher of mine, even at college has said to me about owning my own business. Despite me doing a business course, smh.

That said at high school, I did have a couple of teachers who looked after me. Pointed out what I was good at and what I needed to do to get good grades. That might sound like what they are suppose to do but many don't lol.

In every type of way that matters schools like that (public/independent etc) give people a leg up

Plus I don't know if it is your school responsibility to put the drive into you to setup a business, as owning a business isn't for everyone. It requires a certain mind state imo.

Plus I think they have a hard enough job getting people out with just the basic education of good English and Maths.

Not the schools place to teach you about setting up your own business IMO.

The fact you don't know the difference between state, public, grammar and private schools says a lot about your school.

Not in my high school but they did have a Business Studies option for GCSE if people wanted to learn about it. Would be a great idea to have it as a normal everyday study rather than making students learn fucking French and Religion.

Not in my high school but they did have a Business Studies option for GCSE if people wanted to learn about it. Would be a great idea to have it as a normal everyday study rather than making students learn f*cking French and Religion.

tbh this opinion is more "smh" than the revelation of not knowing the difference between state, grammar, private and public schools from the other guy

Gambino gon gamb

21j38mq.png

Oh wait it's Dub. He sits there itching all week to quote me. As you were.

Not in my high school but they did have a Business Studies option for GCSE if people wanted to learn about it. Would be a great idea to have it as a normal everyday study rather than making students learn f*cking French and Religion.

BRAV

BRAV

The fact you don't know the difference between state, public, grammar and private schools says a lot about your school.

we shall live and learn

have you learnt yet?

Probably the majority of ALL traditional schools in the country, whether private or state follow the outdated model of education not equipped for the 21st century. The advantages private schools have is the professional networks, drive of their parents, and the availability of choices...to travel, explore, discover and try new things and expand the young mind.