Coffee

Thizz

Dont fuck with Coffee everyday, much prefer green tea.

When its coffee on the weekend its got to be a French Press ting, cannot be fucking with Instant shit really,

Think its dowee egberts ive got in atm, had some blue mountain before which was good

350-608965-847__1.jpg?w=340

Double espresso 1 brown sugar is my wave, go through at least 3 a day.

All the restaurants at my office buildings have brought in proper artisan coffee. Once you've had a good quality espresso that has fruity/chocolate/toffee type flavours you'll never go back to instants or fuck with lattes.

Stay clear of Starbucks/Costa unless I don't have a choice.

Also for home I recommend getting a decent espresso machine. Small Batch Coffee company do really good freshly roasted grinds.

3 minutes ago, Greens said:

Double espresso 1 brown sugar is my wave, go through at least 3 a day.

All the restaurants at my office buildings have brought in proper artisan coffee. Once you've had a good quality espresso that has fruity/chocolate/toffee type flavours you'll never go back to instants or fuck with lattes.

Stay clear of Starbucks/Costa unless I don't have a choice.

Also for home I recommend getting a decent espresso machine. Small Batch Coffee company do really good freshly roasted grinds.

Listen to this guy.

Word is bond.

big coffee drinker from lang time

first and foremost i like a white americano with an extra shot

whether your like lattes, flat whites, espressos, macchiatos, cappucinos... whatever it may be

GET THE ACTUAL COFFEE RIGHT!!!

INSTANT COFFEE BELONGS IN THE BIN

first timers i would recommend a small cafetiere ( french press)

something like this - http://www.bertiesdirect.co.uk/cafetiere-spare-glass-8-cup?gclid=Cj0KEQjw0dy4BRCuuL_e5MeqmNABEiQAq8iNIyfqHhDPGn_mVONETs9MddXiE9mtHLFqEyzSV5y4ex4aAi368P8HAQ

then go get yourself some piff coffee

these days any half decent independent coffee shop will sell coffee by the bag as well (in beans or ground to your liking). given the rig above, you're asking for it to be ground for french press

the actual coffee...

i used to like my fruity floral coffees (ethiopian, kenyan)

now a days it gotta be a nice bold chocolaty number, maybe Brazilian, toffee undernotes namsayn

a different roast i.e. dark roast, light roast will give you a different drinking experience, but for now its best to just try pin down what coffee flavours you're enjoying

my first and last bit of advice would be to find a coffee shop or shop that sells Monmouth coffee. they have a very popular coffee shop in Borough Market that usually stocks between 12 and 14 different types of coffee beans at a time, they will guide you through what they have based on what you might like

nowadays you will find many independent coffee shops in london use Monmouth coffee and sell it too, so find one!

p.s. i see others mentioning espresso machines and that. of course this is the ultimate method but for now a french press/cafetiere is just fine

we can get into stove top espresso machines and aeropress devices another time

10 minutes ago, Lionel & Dave said:

big coffee drinker from lang time

first and foremost i like a white americano with an extra shot

whether your like lattes, flat whites, espressos, macchiatos, cappucinos... whatever it may be

GET THE ACTUAL COFFEE RIGHT!!!

INSTANT COFFEE BELONGS IN THE BIN

first timers i would recommend a small cafetiere ( french press)

something like this - http://www.bertiesdirect.co.uk/cafetiere-spare-glass-8-cup?gclid=Cj0KEQjw0dy4BRCuuL_e5MeqmNABEiQAq8iNIyfqHhDPGn_mVONETs9MddXiE9mtHLFqEyzSV5y4ex4aAi368P8HAQ

then go get yourself some piff coffee

these days any half decent independent coffee shop will sell coffee by the bag as well (in beans or ground to your liking). given the rig above, you're asking for it to be ground for french press

the actual coffee...

i used to like my fruity floral coffees (ethiopian, kenyan)

now a days it gotta be a nice bold chocolaty number, maybe Brazilian, toffee undernotes namsayn

a different roast i.e. dark roast, light roast will give you a different drinking experience, but for now its best to just try pin down what coffee flavours you're enjoying

my first and last bit of advice would be to find a coffee shop or shop that sells Monmouth coffee. they have a very popular coffee shop in Borough Market that usually stocks between 12 and 14 different types of coffee beans at a time, they will guide you through what they have based on what you might like

nowadays you will find many independent coffee shops in london use Monmouth coffee and sell it too, so find one!

p.s. i see others mentioning espresso machines and that. of course this is the ultimate method but for now a french press/cafetiere is just fine

I'm liking the sound of these choclatey numbers got any examples?

53 minutes ago, Thizz said:

http://www.coffeereview.com/highest-rated-coffees/

http://www.espressocoffeeguide.com/2010/10/the-top-ten-coffees-in-the-world/

51 minutes ago, Thizz said:

usually the south american coffees are the chocolaty ones, brazilian, guatemalan, bolivian...

round up a couple lads for a few pints and a bit of top notch grub down Borough Market on a friday or saturday lunchtime, hit up that Monmouth place i mentioned and tell em what you're after, they'll help you

Didn't drink coffee till I started my first office job last year 

Began on the free machine coffee in the kitchen 

Found out it was just a pound for a large in our Costa. Began on Mochas, found out the calories, now on cappuccino 

Only drink one as soon as I get in. Some colleagues will back 4/5 a day. Fuck that 

Have a red bull maybe once a week in the afternoon 

2 hours ago, Lionel & Dave said:

i see others mentioning espresso machines and that. of course this is the ultimate method but for now a french press/cafetiere is just fine

I've always found French press brewing is a bit too subtle in taste for my liking. 

Haven't tried an aeropress but they are pretty cheap and I've heard good things.