FIFA 17 (Official Thread)

Hipster

On Tuesday, August 16, 2016 at 8:55 PM, Simply D said:

I got an email about it a while back, but I don't think ive received an actual invite :(

would probably take 10years to download anyway, SSE traffic shape net traffic haaaaaaaaaard!!

Code has dropped for those that received the jnvite

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nope, still lacking hard on the club names. It's an Option File tip to change them all and get the proper kits if you play it.

Telling guys straight, banged both demos and PES is feeling like the one this year. It's lack of game modes and me being unsure about it's online play has me sat debating not bothering with a Football Sim again though. FIFA doesn't feel all that different.

@Gambino last year's pro was the the better game as well but online issues killed it

I'm a chump who bought and played both games extensively

PES is much better from the way you can take short goal kicks and free kicks, to the way you can control a second player's run when you have the ball (greatest football game feature about, and they are stupid for not playing this up)

but what does any of this matter when the online opposition abuses the press and slide tackle to foul you knowing it will rarely be a yellow and best case scenario they'll get the ball back 

which results in everyone playing long balls from defence bypassing the mid 

I once went on twitch to see what it looks like when these guys play each other and it was basically a long vs long ball game, bypassing the midfield and the score ending 7-5

I did notice the Refs are soft. I did some very late crunching tackle from behind in one game and the guy gave me a yellow. Should of been instant red.

The Gameplay on PES is nice as fuck though. The ball and the movement just works and feels better than FIFA to me. I keep seeing animations and tekkers in the game that you ain't pulling off on FIFA. Seen man control the ball by flicking his leg up behind his back like Ibra's been doing at United. Feels nice and fluid. Crossing and shots are more direct as well, plus heading looks and feels better.

Can't really make my mind up whether it's a more realistic game or just more fun to play. Proper torn though about whether to get involved. On one hand you got PES which feels good to play but might be shit online and doesn't have much to offer game mode wise. FIFA has everything including that new story mode and better clubs now and the gameplay is decent but not as fun.