Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PopT

Career change

27 posts in this topic

Is anyone thinking of a Career change or working towards a new career?

 

If so what?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thinking about becoming a fireman. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want to study horticulture and take that up in one form or another later in life. 

What you thinking @PopT?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mr. Martinez said:

I want to study horticulture and take that up in one form or another later in life. 

What you thinking @PopT?

 

My mate was talking about it today made me think, I want to get out of the office lol

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hear that 

madness is most of us feel the same way

sat in an office in front of a computer for the majority of your life isn't normal

Can't imagine what it must be like if you don't even like your job. I couldn't cope. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Mr. Martinez said:

I hear that 

madness is most of us feel the same way

sat in an office in front of a computer for the majority of your life isn't normal

Can't imagine what it must be like if you don't even like your job. I couldn't cope. 

One guy was telling me about a gas engineer job but it pays like £35k and quiet a lot more if your self employed, but I dunno about all that going back to study

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah, in the process of looking for something new, need to get to the point of knowing what I like though then pushing in that direction

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dream job from when I was young was oceanographer/marine biologist, chilling on the cooling breezes of the Southern Hemisphere, whilst getting accustomed to the local biodiversity. This would have to wait until way later if at all.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I made that jump and from September I'll be balancing the two. Defo do it, do it NOW.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The moment you get the feeling like you want to do it, do it. Lifes too short to be exchanging hours for cash doing something you hate.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will Probably go into teaching at some point within the next 10 years.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's a pretty large window of time bro...if you want to do it, make a plan and action it, like right away.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd love to do something else. I have no real idea what i'd like to do though.

 

All I know is that i don't like what i currently do

 

I just want to work with interesting people.... Working in IT means I spend most of my time career laughing and pretending with the dullest people on earth. Need to get out.....

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Made my change this year, fully into internet marketing now. Told my employer I'm only doing 3 days and switching from an employee to a contractor.

Can afford to fully leave but it's easy money and I like the guy tbh

Life's short, value your time 

5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, AwKwaRD said:

Made my change this year, fully into internet marketing now. Told my employer I'm only doing 3 days and switching from an employee to a contractor.

Can afford to fully leave but it's easy money and I like the guy tbh

Life's short, value your time 

What was you doing before

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Supermalt said:

What was you doing before

Marketing manager, the company itself doesn't interest me. Just got to the point where I was making more in a week then I was in a month and wondering why I'm waking up at 7am spending 8 hours at said place. 

But the owner is cool, it's easy work so 3 days is perfect

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AwKwaRD said:

Marketing manager, the company itself doesn't interest me. Just got to the point where I was making more in a week then I was in a month and wondering why I'm waking up at 7am spending 8 hours at said place. 

But the owner is cool, it's easy work so 3 days is perfect

✊godspeed. I'm on the look out for another marketing joint, and definitely not jumping at the first one who throws cash at me. Is the internet marketing you mentioned consulting or your own shop?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Supermalt said:

✊godspeed. I'm on the look out for another marketing joint, and definitely not jumping at the first one who throws cash at me. Is the internet marketing you mentioned consulting or your own shop?

Own stores, I have two, one targetting the UK the other for the US

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kompressor said:

Will Probably go into teaching at some point within the next 10 years.

I've been looking to get into primary teaching for the past few months. Its a minefield. So many different ways to do it. With a degree, without a degree, on the job, classroom studies, teachfirst etc etc.

Going to a uni open day on Saturday to discuss the options more. I have a mortgage so need a full time wage coming in so can't give up for full time studying.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love my job. Doesn't feel like work 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Go and teach English abroad 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/06/2016 at 11:15 AM, Kompressor said:

Will Probably go into teaching at some point within the next 10 years.

What i'm trying to do now as well

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think I'll only do it when/if they change the way things are done no

Hours are too long and the pay is too "short"

 

Working in an EBD school is the way to go forward before then, smaller class numbers so less marking and more of a focus on improving specific areas of child development. #

Worked in a school like this last year and reckon it may well be the best fit for me.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was offered a job at a private school a while ago to teach I.T. I was just doing the I.T support at the time but they were ready to pay for training and wait for me.

Was overwhelmed by the offer tbh. They put in hours , and it looked tiring , never thought about it.

You get a long holiday during the school days off but anything else is a no , unless you're ill of course. 

And you have to look at the contracts , some places will pay you while on school holiday , some don't so you end up trying to work during the holidays to make up for it. Think that is a bit rare nowadays though.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12 June 2016 at 10:46 PM, PopT said:

One guy was telling me about a gas engineer job but it pays like £35k and quiet a lot more if your self employed, but I dunno about all that going back to study

 

I should be a qualified gas engineer in 2 years. working towards it. already a qualified plumber...

guy who's training me seems to get good money, he made 260 today, so left at 2:30. 

day rates 130 (so thats the lowest they can earn) so not bad... worked it out to be 31,200 PA... 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0