Ain't his contract up at the end of the season? 

He's done at Arsenal.

You lot just need to pray you don't get a Moyes and you go straight to an established top level manager ie Allegri

The loyalty and backing Arsene has ( to an extent, rightfully ) received will not be afforded to another manager again , Unless he is extremely successful.

3 hours ago, TF S4DK said:

Are we saying this better manager gets us 6 more points last season or 11?

West Ham (H) - 3pts dropped 

West Brom (A) - 3pts dropped

Norwich (A) - 2pts dropped

Southampton (A) - 3pts dropped

Liverpool (A) - 2pts dropped 

Swansea (H) - 3pts dropped

West Ham (A) - 2pts dropped

Palace (H) - 2pts dropped

Sunderland (A) - 2pts dropped

22pts dropped from those games 

A better manager gets at least the 11pts needed from those games to rewrite the Leicester fairy tale story

And that's not including the 6pts dropped against a broken Chelsea team going through their worst season in recent years or the 3pts dropped against a back 4 of Rojo--Blind--Carrick--Varela

• Upvote 7

This season a better manager doesn't drop 10pts against Leicester(A), Boro(H), Bournemouth(A) and Watford(A), wins all of those games and you're in 2nd place.

And maybe walks away from the Everton, City and Liverpool games with at least a win or a draw

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Agony said:

This season a better manager doesn't drop 10pts against Leicester(A), Boro(H), Bournemouth(A) and Watford(A), wins all of those games and you're in 2nd place.

And maybe walks away from the Everton, City and Liverpool games with at least a win or a draw

Yeah but remember it's not all about winning mate 

• Upvote 4

Will reply properly later, got very behind on my day shit...

/

Just a question, does Wenger and his formation tactics and subs, not win any matches that for arguments sake a defensive coach wouldn't win?!:rofl:come like team is just auto pilot ran, fuck me we have a great squad if so...

Come like man are saying Mourinho wouldn't drop 2 points at home to Bournemouth, Hull or Burnley...

This has nothing to do with Mourinho

United has been far from perfect this season 

Us dropping points against Bournemouth doesn't change the fact that you lot shouldn't be going 3-0 down against them and should have walked away with 3pts that day.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Iceberg said:

I think what most Wenger out guys feel is they have seen what Wenger can do he has hit his ceiling, for a decade now he has done the same thing over and over again and whilst to some (including the board) they fell this is a success or at least it is a base to build on... but the Wenger out guys think he isnt going to build on it due to repeating the same results with different personnel and they would rather take a risk on a different manager to get a different result (hoping its a better one), it didnt work for valencia but it has worked for chelsea (albeit an extreme example) 

Valencia was not setup to win. Chelsea is.

Arsenal isn't.

8 hours ago, Agony said:

A better manager gets at least the 11pts needed from those games to rewrite the Leicester fairy tale story

And that's not including the 6pts dropped against a broken Chelsea team going through their worst season in recent years or the 3pts dropped against a back 4 of Rojo--Blind--Carrick--Varela

EESHHHHH

8 hours ago, Agony said:

Again, i will ask what i asked before, whats the excuse for the other "better" managers (Mourinho, Pellegrini, Klopp, Poch, van Gaal)?

8 hours ago, Agony said:

We gave Leicester too much respect and it was early in the season when they was Champions, based on the 90 minutes we stole that point and most managers at the tie would have taken it.

Also it's 9 points dropped and it was Watford at H btw.

Bournemouth and Watford should've never happened.

Everton, City and Liverpool is Wenger's fault, well the squad he's built - weak... If we play all three when they in good form we probably win, This season if your season needs a kick start, we are the PERFECT opponents.

5 hours ago, O Fenomeno said:

Why do you always bring up Mourinho as a yard stick to measure Wenger's failures?

He is levels above(Two time CL winner FFS).

Mourinho is suppose to be the perfect manager for getting the most out of his squad...

in this hypothetically "a better manager than Wenger" world, people would tell me Mourinho - a better manager than Wenger, wouldn't drop 6 points in home games to Bournemouth, Hull or Burnley...The reality is, as we know he did and Wenger took 9... This is why I laugh at this notion that these better managers don't have flaws and the auto pilot team would collect same number of points with the better manager just organising the team to better results in the games he failed in. I don't buy the logic at all.

• Upvote 2

Since 2004

Wenger

1 league title 

Mourinho

7 league titles 

I don't care for league titles so onto European trophies 

Wenger 0

Mourinho 2

Thats how you measure a very good manager not on the basis of taking maximum points against Premier League fodder.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

45 minutes ago, TF S4DK said:

Again, i will ask what i asked before, whats the excuse for the other "better" managers (Mourinho, Pellegrini, Klopp, Poch, van Gaal)?

Heero suggested a better manager would get more out of Arsenal's squad.

You've gone all defensive by naming a bunch of managers that people would say are better than Wenger that finished below him last season or got sacked.

Which is cool but Poch got more out of Southampton and Spurs' squads off the back of getting sacked by Espanyol for being at the bottom of La Liga and Ranieri improved Leicester off the back of a defeat against the Faroe Islands so what happened at a manager's previous club do

/

As for the auto pilot comment I'm just saying n this hypothetical world let's say the better manager changes the mentality of the squad, improves training, is more flexible with the tactics and sometimes adapts to the opposition instead of playing the same and hoping for the best, doesn't usually wait until the 70th min to make the first sub, improves the fitness of the squad to implement a more aggressive high pressing style of play etc. etc. he could take Arsenal to a level where he matches the wins Wenger got and improves on the points dropped.

Take Sevilla's Jorge Sampaoli for example. Looking at the work he's done with Chile over the last few years and their style of play it wasn't hard to predict that he would improve and get more out of a Sevilla squad that went a whole season without winning an away La Liga game and now they are 4pts behind Barca with the 3rd best away record in La Liga.

7 minutes ago, Agony said:

You've gone all defensive by naming a bunch of managers that people would say are better than Wenger that finished below him last season or got sacked.

Which is cool but Poch got more out of Southampton and Spurs' squads off the back of getting sacked by Espanyol for being at the bottom of La Liga and Ranieri improved Leicester off the back of a defeat against the Faroe Islands so what happened at a manager's previous club do

Defensive? I'm laughing, as I'm asking question and nobody answers...

I'm confused or maybe too tired to see your point, am I suppose to want Wenger to get sacked so he can go win CL with PSG... As Espanyol and Greece are the Arsenal in those situations... I'm sure they enjoy there "success" as if it was there own.

9 minutes ago, Agony said:

As for the auto pilot comment I'm just saying n this hypothetical world let's say the better manager changes the mentality of the squad, improves training, is more flexible with the tactics and sometimes adapts to the opposition instead of playing the same and hoping for the best, doesn't usually wait until the 70th min to make the first sub, improves the fitness of the squad to implement a more aggressive high pressing style of play etc. etc. he could take Arsenal to a level where he matches the wins Wenger got and improves on the points dropped.

Take Sevilla's Jorge Sampaoli for example. Looking at the work he's done with Chile over the last few years and their style of play it wasn't hard to predict that he would improve and get more out of a Sevilla squad that went a whole season without winning an away La Liga game and now they are 4pts behind Barca with the 3rd best away record in La Liga.

Yeah and in May show me the trophy improvement from last season, or the season before or the season before...

Forgot to finish part of my previous post

11 minutes ago, Agony said:

Which is cool but Poch got more out of Southampton and Spurs' squads off the back of getting sacked by Espanyol for being at the bottom of La Liga and Ranieri improved Leicester off the back of a defeat against the Faroe Islands so a bad season at a manager's previous club doesn't mean they don't have a philosophy that could work for a next club.

/