The Big Sam Thread

Heero Yuy

"I still think Wayne Rooney has a massive place to play in the England side," said the 61-year-old.

"If Jose says he is not going to play him in centre midfield and he is playing up front and scoring goals for Manchester United then it would be pointless me bringing him into England and playing him in centre midfield."

With Rooney likely to face competition for a starting spot at Old Trafford from forwards Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Anthony Martial, Allardyce said a player's club form will be important in him being selected.

"I don't know until that happens with anybody, let alone Wayne Rooney," he added. "I hope there are standout players all over the place when the Premier League starts.

"I hope it's a hugely difficult task for me to pick my first squad because everybody is on really good form and playing exceptionally well."

8 hours ago, TF S4DK said:

The more interesting point is that I think Sam is actually saying you play for me, where you at play for your club and that includes the captain.

Noble and Drinkwater to get them caps cos they play every week ?

Dunno how you and i5 interpreted it this way 

Just said like Hodgson, if Rooney plays #10 for Utd he will shoehorn him in there to fit the narrative, if he plays midfield, Sam will play him there. 

Normal service resumed after 24 hours. Probably sent Command round to Sam's house ttkk

• Downvote 1

I see what you're saying but i'm coming more from the point of him not being a 6/8

Would be normal service If Jose didn't drop bars like "Yes, Rooney can pass but my pass is also good without pressure , Rooney will NEVER play midfield for me" 

Basically Rooney has to turn up in the final 3rd. Now you tell me for England and United , who are his competitors for #10 and #9 . Will he outscore/perform them?

Rooney being snuffed out unless he performs.

Jose / Big Sam attempt - Phase 1 

Kosh will run up on a man for talking wicked about danny ?

???

top exchange 

• 2 weeks later...