The Purge - Philippines edition

Heero Yuy

Vh

About 1,800 suspected drug dealers and users have been killed in the Philippines since President Rodrigo Duterte took power in May 2016 and declared war on narcotics – almost twice as many as previously believed.

At a Senate enquiry into the killings, witnesses accused some policemen of killing suspects and being involved in the illegal drugs trade. One witness testified that her husband and father-in-law were arrested and beaten by policemen and taken to a police station, where they were shot to death last month. 

Senator Leila de Lima, who heads the committee leading the investigation, said she was worried that law enforcers and vigilantes may be using the crackdown on drugs "to commit murder with impunity."

body of a man killed during a drug bust operation is pictured with a gun under his hand.

National Police Chief Ronald dela Rosa told the enquiry that 712 drug traffickers and users had been killed in police operations since 1 July. He said police were also investigating 1,067 other drug-related killings, without giving details. However, he said there was no order to kill suspects.

The US State Department and two UN human rights experts have urged Duterte and Filipino authorities to stop extrajudicial killings in the fight against illegal drugs and ensure law enforcement compliance with international human rights obligations.

700k users and dealers have turned themslves in as to not be killed, absolute madting.

• 2 weeks later...

Bit of a character that Philippines Leader.

The leader of the Philippines has expressed regret after insulting Barack Obama by calling him the "son of a whore".  President Rodrigo Duterte said he regretted that his comments came across as a personal attack on the US president.

"I don't give a s*** about anybody observing my behaviour," he said.

"I am a president of a sovereign state and we have long ceased to be a colony.

"I do not have any master except the Filipino people, nobody but nobody.

"You must be respectful. Do not just throw questions. Son of a whore, I will swear at you in that forum."

• 3 weeks later...

On Tuesday, a court heard that Mr Scully allegedly directed a video called “Daisy's Destruction”, which shows a baby girl being sexually assaulted and physically abused, The Sydney Morning Herald reports

Police also accuse Mr Scully of burying an 11-year-old under the floor of a house he was renting after he made a video of him raping her then strangling her to death, news.com.au reports.

Two of his victims were allegedly recorded digging their own graves while being continually raped. "They were the most devastating thing I have ever seen," Ruby Malanog, one of the two lawyers prosecuting Mr Scully, said.

I'm as anti death penalty as they come, but fuckin hell there's no rehabilitation for sickos like this

1 hour ago, QPR Dee said:

On Tuesday, a court heard that Mr Scully allegedly directed a video called “Daisy's Destruction”, which shows a baby girl being sexually assaulted and physically abused, The Sydney Morning Herald reports

Police also accuse Mr Scully of burying an 11-year-old under the floor of a house he was renting after he made a video of him raping her then strangling her to death, news.com.au reports.

Two of his victims were allegedly recorded digging their own graves while being continually raped. "They were the most devastating thing I have ever seen," Ruby Malanog, one of the two lawyers prosecuting Mr Scully, said.

I'm as anti death penalty as they come, but fuckin hell there's no rehabilitation for sickos like this

Hope they skin him first then burn him in acid and leave him to die 

Fucking scumbag, no punishment covers this type of crime, can't even call it a crime, sickening