Hotel rwanda

ag.

Watched this for the first time in like 10 years recently. Don cheadle sounds south african. 

Most of the other characters just use the generic 'african voice' lol. Imagine watching a film supposed to be set in germany during the holocaust and all the people are talking in cockney accents. Lol

• Downvote 1

8 hours ago, ag. said:

Most of the other characters just use the generic 'african voice' lol. Imagine watching a film supposed to be set in germany during the holocaust and all the people are talking in cockney accents. Lol

happens all the time

Set in France. 

Americans only care about Americans sounding right, if everyone else has a generic voice from the relevant continent they are cool 

But I'm disappoint You make a thread about a film like this and have nothing else to comment on except the accents. 

• Upvote 5

On 9/20/2016 at 11:49 PM, Lens said:

happens all the time

Set in France. 

Americans only care about Americans sounding right, if everyone else has a generic voice from the relevant continent they are cool 

But I'm disappoint You make a thread about a film like this and have nothing else to comment on except the accents. 

Haha it's a pretty important aspect of the film. Youre not even from Rwanda so for you i bet it doesn't completely kill the film hearing don cheadle talking like hes from johannesburg. and the rest of the characters aren't much better. 

They could have got actors from any country in east Africa who could have easily done a rwandan accent. And what else do you want me to comment about the film lol

It is literally like someone doing a film about the falklands war or some shit and all the british soldiers are speaking in spanish and french accents.

They could have got French actors to play the French people in Suite Francaise.

They didn't want to, it's an American movie, they didn't care.

You could have spoken about the story it tells, how good or bad it is in Your opinion, and what it shows us about the places involved since it's quite a deep film. 

2 minutes ago, Lens said:

They could have got French actors to play the French people in Suite Francaise.

They didn't want to, it's an American movie, they didn't care.

You could have spoken about the story it tells, how good or bad it is in Your opinion, and what it shows us about the places involved since it's quite a deep film. 

Imo its a good film if we're talking only about stuff like pacing, action etc etc.

But the accents completely kill it for me. Saying 'its an american' film is a cop out and anyway what happened to method acting lol Isn't that an american thing

The story itself is obviously your typical hollywood setup that requires a leading man/superhero but the reality obviously is far from it, and there's plenty of people who doubt paul or straight up call his version of events a fraud/invention

But obviously its not in americans interest to make a film historically true to events of the Rwandan genocide because it would make their western brothers look bad lol but that's a a different issue

8 minutes ago, ag. said:

Yer a fxckin mug 

Swear you're complaining that a film you pirated ain't catered towards your demographic. Try look inward, before lashing out.

1 minute ago, Zizouz said:

Swear you're complaining that a film you pirated ain't catered towards your demographic. Try look inward, before lashing out.

U mug posting about watching a film makes u queasy or something lol man up 

And anyway to say the subject matter is so grisly and full of bloodshed the film itself is quite tame so duno wtf ur going on about

If you knew anything about hollow

15 hours ago, ag. said:

Imo its a good film if we're talking only about stuff like pacing, action etc etc.

But the accents completely kill it for me. Saying 'its an american' film is a cop out and anyway what happened to method acting lol Isn't that an american thing

The story itself is obviously your typical hollywood setup that requires a leading man/superhero but the reality obviously is far from it, and there's plenty of people who doubt paul or straight up call his version of events a fraud/invention

But obviously its not in americans interest to make a film historically true to events of the Rwandan genocide because it would make their western brothers look bad lol but that's a a different issue

pmsl @ thinking there's that kind of morality in hollywood. They would sell shit on a stick and kids digesting paint if they could get it past a film board and market it.

tbf the accent thing is valid, it wouldn't irk me but I could see how it could somebody else.