Bad Trips

TheKingOfRome

Yo it's fucked up i watched the brain injury doc and not long after I recieved my own TBI

Don't take acid kids

It sent me on some insane trip, totally lost the plot, and woke up in leeds hospital, I was told i fell head first down some concrete stairs

I cracked my head open, fractured my skull, and bled on my brain, it was 2 and a half months and i'm still not myself, doctor is telling me 6 months to heal

no idea why i'm randomly sharing this here

Them man said i only had two drips, but it hit me differently, i think it could do with the fact I'd been up from the night before and hadnt eaten

I went out drinking about 5 the day before, was snorting all night and dropped a pill, went back to one of my friends uni friends yard with a big group of us, was drinking and that till 1 in the afternoon the next day then we went back to mine and i was still on it, so continued drinking at mine jamming to music, then one of my boys rang me about 6ish asking what was i on i told him i spent all my p the night before he told me to just come down to the local, he was buying me drinks and that

he had acid and swore by it, I wasn't on that at all at first, never fucked with psychedelics before, but he was telling me "nah its not fucked up, its like coke you just talk shit it just last for 12 hours and at the end you see weird colors n shit.

I apparently did a tiny bit compared to them man, but it took 10 mins for me to start seeing colors and shit then it just got worse and worse, I could feel myself starting to trip and was in a pub so i thought fuck this i'm leaving incase i embarass myself,I got to the car park and I littlerly went blind with weird crazyshit and thought i had gone some next place, started screaming out madness, my friend ran over and grabbed me which brought my vision back for a moment, I was like "yo yo yo yo this is fucked get me out of here" got in the car and don't remember shit from then apart from little blips of a crazy dream

apparently i was going crazy just storming round his yard opening all the cupboards and shit and saying random mentalness and was puking up all over his house

he said i eventually calmed down and seemed more on point and i was like im going and demanded to leave

must of been walking towards my girls yard cos where i fell is on route to hers

it was fucked tho when i woke up in hospital, i thought i was dead and actually in limbo, thought they were lying to me, they were like nah you're in leeds hospital and I went to the window she was like look i told you, couldnt recognise anything so thought the view was like a movie set or some shit, tried sneaking out a couple of times cos i wanted to go outside to make sure it was real, got caught everytime... it was maddness my girl came and i was demanding she shows me her tattoos so i knew she was real

We were ment to be going to go out to some next town and try the acid which i'm so glad i didnt it could of been a fucking nightmare caught by everyone, could of been online now on some viral craziness vid if i was in a public place flipping out

I'm way better than i was slowly improving but i might not ever feel like myself again

shit sorry about that paragraph this is the first time i've shared the full story with people apart from my fam and a couple of close friends

feels good to get it out

• Upvote 1

was it liquid lsd?

the guy that gave you the acid let you down imo. comparing acid to coke is ridiculous. giving it to you in a pub. just mental. 

psychedelics are all about set and setting. if those aren't right, you will have a horrible experience. 

glad you made it out okay. my first experience with psychedelics had a similar chaotic feel to it, and i did have a bad a trip, but luckily the setting was sort of okay and i didn't end up in hospital.

i don't want to get all preachy but lsd can be the safest drug you ever do, if done properly. the safest thing to do is to never do it again though. but if you do, remember to get your headspace in a good place. be with people you trust and can confide in. and be in a safe, stimulating place for taking psychedelics.

also for future reference, cocaine and xtc are a bad, dangerous combo mate. you prob have a high tolerance, but just saying cos it won't take long to find someone who's heart can't cope with that sort of stress. 

Yeah it was in a dripper bottle thing.

True but them are veterans for acid and I'm guessing there going off there experience of it they've probably done it out or in the pub loads of times and had good trips while doing.

To be honest the idea of psychedelics never appealed to me I like being in full control of what I'm doing which coke n pills did, I only took em  because they were the only thing available n my friend talked them up to me.

It's a cliché thing to say but it's been a blessing this accident I was on a slippery slope to becoming a fiend with other drugs also only gave a fuck about getting pissed up and partying literally any penny I could get went towards that shit

Got motivation to actually do productive things I want to do now, just need to feel like myself again 

Yeah I wouldn't dare touch that shit again, it's made me t total right now I have no desire to even drink my trip is long to explain but it's basically made me think is this all there is life drinking and getting fucked up 

What happened during your bad trip? What kind of things made it bad and what's the craziest place your mind has gone?

Trip went sour just because I wasn't ready for it mentally and took too much (mushrooms). 

After the 2 hour point, I felt like I'd had enough but the intensity kept getting stronger and stronger every hour for another 10 or so hours. 

I remember I'd be trying to talk things through with a mate who was also tripping and then mid sentence I would go into mad spasms making crazy noises and shaking my head like a mental patient.  They'd only last a couple of seconds but it  kept scaring the shit out of me. I started to convince myself that I was going to end up In a mental institute, tied down with a straight jacket screaming 'I'm not crazy', with no one believing me. Was a proper dark place. I was tripping with 5 other people, all of which were more experienced but after a while of trying and failing to keep me relaxed, they started loosing it as well and half way through the trip we were all scared to death.  

At this point someone started saying they had a solution to make all the bad stuff go away. He just needed to find his iPod. This kind of rallied us together and took the focus away from the dark place we were all in. After about 30 mins we found the iPod and settled on listening to some 80s disco, which everyone got into and managed to calm most of the group down a bit.

I was still convinced I was done for, but started to take solace in the fact my friends were ok. It was a very strange feeling of calmness, just accepting my fate as a crazy person in a hospital for the rest of my life.

Eventually the world stopped spinning and I was finally coming down, I realised I was going to be okay, but the feeling of calmness stuck and I was sort of grateful I'd had the experience. I smoked a spliff and was able to get to sleep fairly quickly. 

Haven't done mushrooms since. 

Rah fuck that see that just sounds horrible to me, do you have any lasting effects? like i still have nightmarish memories of the madness my mind went through... and its kinda put me off everything at the moment... can you describe any of the shit your mind saw?

Because my trip I went literally blind and somewhere else no memories of actual stuff i did or what i saw in the real world, but dont know if that was the drugs or the brain injury, but i actually felt like i was in the matrix sort of thing, like life before that I had been plugged into the matrix and i'd been unplugged into the horrible reality of the world being fucked, i felt like cypher wanting to go back thinking ignorance is bliss this fucked, that's a very basic description of a little part of it but there was a thousand crazy thoughts running through my head every second worse thing ever

Yeah ain’t you supposed have detoxed your body before you do  psychedelics? When I read on certain forums guys are preparing days/weeks in advance :lol:, making sure they've got everything out their system.

but that sounds fucked, equally hilarious at the same time, glad you made it through though.

Haha safe you man yeah I kinda thought it would of been because I did a bender then tried it.

Yo that's true it happened to me years ago never been a big weed smoker used just have a little toke if it was going round but I started smoking really late so one time when we was going to sidewinder my boys were passing it around in the car on the way I started smoking it like a cig and I had a tiny trip then luckily when we got to the event I had a little sleep for an hour and woke up fine and went in

They told me it was some strong weed tho because my boys cousin like fell over or something in the event because it was strong he had to spend the rest of the night in the car lol