Fixed vs Variable

Admin.

United have been consistently the same level since 2013 depite changing managers, changing staff and wholesale player changes... one could argue they have been the same level since 2011 but thats a much more complex argument(along the same premise as this but would take too long)

So what has caused this ?

Well they have spent €500m since Fergie left and a lot of the signings have been moved on and replaced by even newer signings, the majority of these players I will put under the variable group(except the 1 constant) 

also during this point there is a group of players i will lump under fixed who have remained constant.

Fixed

De Gea 

Rooney

Smalling

Jones

Carrick

Young

Valencia

Fellaini

As these players have taken up 5/6 of the starting positions over those 3 years the other 5/6 spots have been the ones to constantly change... these are the variable players

Variable

As there has been such a high player turnover I will not list everyone.

Evra

Mata*

Hernandez

Rafael

Nani

Welbeck

RVP

Kagawa

Zaha

Januzaj

Di Maria

Falcao

Valdes

Depay***

Martial***

Schweinsteiger***

Darmian***

Pogba***

Ibrahimovic***

Mkhitarayan***

If you keep some things the same and change others and get the same results well your changing the wrong things, when will united, united fans, media etc realise this ?

As (apart from recent rooney bash bandwagon) the ones who have been getting singled out and blamed have been in the variable list...  why do they sign a superstar in di maria give him 1 season with valencia, fellaini and smalling then ship him out only to repeat it with Pogba ?

This is just utter madness.

Its time United done away with the spine and this was brought to everyones attention... Unless all of those fixed players leave or are reduced to reserves then the results will stay the same.

You cant keep half the team the same and constantly change the other half and then blame the other half when results stay the same..Nothing will change until those players are changed

*was signed 1st season could be fixed

*** not yet sold

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

That fixed list is overly dusty.

List is a dust storm from Mars but having 3 managers in as many years, trying to implement their philosophy is as much as a problem as anything. How are guys supposed to adapt and gel when the reset button is getting pressed so often.

Realistically the united team is gonna need 3 years to properly get going. Given time Jose will start to phase certain man out.

1 hour ago, Heero Yuy said:

List is a dust storm from Mars but having 3 managers in as many years, trying to implement their philosophy is as much as a problem as anything. How are guys supposed to adapt and gel when the reset button is getting pressed so often.

Realistically the united team is gonna need 3 years to properly get going. Given time Jose will start to phase certain man out.

Not having that managerial turn over as an exuse. 

Same United Mourinho fan boys screaming about his short term success are now crying for more time and "transition season". 

Schweinstiger may be past his best but to exile him why Fellaini still running around the pitch elbowing people. Schneiderlin also pretty much been exiled - why not just move him on and replace if you he didn't fancy him? 

Too many questions. 

Won't surprise me if he has another breakdown and walks. Will be sending for Giggs soon I reckon. Implode is pending. 

Letting your hate of Mourinho blind your logic. Swapping managers like that and letting each one totally impose their own philosophy is going to create issues, especially when the philosophies are completely different from each other. Mourinho's team has issues, so did Van Gals, i pretty much said in the expectations thread that I thought you'd be surprise strugglers.

the problems in this team are very deep.

Manchester United is run very very efficiently everywhere but on the pitch.

The manager is only one of a few reasons for this..... 

Fergie had an ability I thought LVG also had, the ability to turn chicken shit into Chicken salad.

That fixed list is pretty remarkable when laid out in black and white.

however the players on the pitch is the symptom, not the cause.

Its like looking at a clinically depressed child who is getting into fights at school every day and saying, Him fighting is the problem.......

gotta disagree because I think Pogba and Ibrahimovic have been the problem recently

but also gotta agree with how new signings are replaced more quickly than the long term players.

a guy like Martial came and had a good season last season but got dropped after 4 games this season and I see Ashley Young starting.