Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Young Bape

One Upon A Time In North London documentry

30 posts in this topic

They talk about the Selby Centre i remember when i was doing a Life Skills course in Wood Green they sent me to Selby. I used to love that Life Skills course was only 18 and they paid u £40 a week plus travel expenses just to go 3 days a week. Fell in love with Soho shortly after because i would spend a score of that money on a hooker there and another score on an 8th of white widow or haze and these times an 8th was still 3.5. Sometimes i would spend the money on a new era cap. I'm not apologetic or ashamed about doing a Life Skills course or not being intelligent enough to go uni or be an accountant or whatever. And why should i be? i am proud of who i am. I remember in 2014 when i was on job seekers the job centre sent me to a community centre in Tottenham again just off Ferry Lane for a month i loved that shit. I'm a peoples person working class backround, Del Boy, Westwood, Ian Wright type personality and i will never change :P

Good to see Kris Jay on there 

westwood isnt working class tho

/

the life skills course isnt the part of that paragraph you should be ashamed of

13 hours ago, The Somalian said:

Good to see Kris Jay on there 

c/s

rest is just usual rewritten historical crap

7 hours ago, Iceberg said:

c/s

rest is just usual rewritten historical crap

I just find it weird that these grime hipsters who have rewritten grime do not show Heat and Kris the respect they deserve for pushing grime alongside Deja. Rinse FM basically kicked off all the black dj's and mc's even slimzee was playing Dubstep, boyz in the hood, devastating crew, more fire all were cut and I heard it was because Geenus is shook of black boys they were not pushing grime at all they even kicked off roll deep for a time when Morgue got released (this was before Logan was on Rinse) think Zimbon was the only black guy on there apart from some of the new dubstep dj's who replaced the grime and even rap guys. Anyone who went to a heat fm or deja vu dance knew what time it was. Rinse was not doing these things. Bit of a par people have kinda rewritten history. Grime now for me is for white people and black nerds whenever you say this on grime forum people get upset but it what it is, the guys doing rap now are the type of guys that would of been doing grime back in 2002,

💯 

Grime didnt even have a name when we first started listening to it... in school you were either a garage guy or hip hop head and them times the hip hop guys were neeks.. and uk rap was some back packer shit

Now when we say Garage people think Flowers, DJ EZ and Im sorry... 

used to tape rolldeep, nasty crew on deja on monday and swap it in school with man that taped meridian/boyz in da hood on heat fm... 

in north/east we had heat 966, deja 923,  y2k 90.6?, mystic 981...These are the ones that had mcs and crews... rinse used to play dead bassey stuff and occasionally you would get pay as you go late night or slimzee on a sunday.... 

when i got to college and found rwd thats when i learnt about freeze fm/raw mission and all them south stations like ontop

and that was 03/04... grime still was vaguely called garage

then all them dvds dropped and it popped off with the name

only thing rinse done was stay on consistently and on the same frequencies where other stations would bounce/go down... then come back

When Wiley dropped 'what do u call it' Grime still didn't have a name

That was in 2004

Gonna pre now 

I never really listened rinse in school days. Was always deja,mystic, heat, hav it and raw blaze until internet ones dropped like axe and that.

Used to be more of a rap guy until like 2003. SK vibemakers when tgere was like 3-4 man not just one don. Double o squad sets. All my local MCs were mainly on mystic and hav it, would catch heat if I was at my dad's in Tottenham.

Ends was so dusty and it felt like the beef was more valid because we was living more shitty which gave more authenticity to the sound that was being created at the time . the whole of East (minus wanstead, woodford etc) looked like absolute shit. I swear to you, I watch mantis beats ft Keith Murray- day by day video at least once a month to take me back to that time.

To think how Stratford used to look like back before the new station and Westfield's. Crossing the bridge to get to that sports hall with the computer fair where you could buy that card to chip your PS and get chipped games. 

All this noisey/vice type of grime content is probs done by white people who we're listening to rock music in their school days lol. Jo fuertes knight from vice is one who tries to always brand herself as a 'grime gal/journo' lol.

/ haven't watched vid in op

Don’t quote me on it but I am pretty sure Dizzee appeared on Heat before he ever appeared on Rinse, If you was about in east London in the early 2000’s (Newham, Hackney, Tower Hamlets) and mixed in active circles you would of known who Dizzee Rascal was before he was rolling with Pay as you go, people knew him and his mixtape was doing the rounds  on cassette at the time was being banged out by kids in the ends. This why I understand how he can dismiss wiley because tbh he was on the way up before them man bucked up and allot of people look at it as Wiley made Dizzee which really is not the case.

Just to clarify when I  said its for white people now I meant the type of white people same as the type of black people who you would of associated it with a decade before. But music grows and changes all the time as the popularity grows so its not a big deal.

Tbf man never heard of dizzie before I love you and the legendary sets with nasty and pay as u go

On ‎17‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 1:28 AM, time_bomb said:

westwood isnt working class tho

/

the life skills course isnt the part of that paragraph you should be ashamed of

But that's what my family gave me stick about the perception was why can't u have been as academically intelligent as your younger brother. Why u having to do these courses they for losers u never gonna amount to nothing. Even the people at the training centre building there was one room for people doing NVQ level 2 and 3 who used to mock the people in the next room that were on Life Skills course. I'm a thick skinned person so no hate and negativity can bother me. It's a weird situation u don't want pity from nobody but at the same time u don't wanna have to deal with assholes who always got something smart to say. U simply wanna be accepted for who u are. That's why my advice to MGEEZ, Trap God, Infamous, Badman, Yoshie who might not rate me have a lot of negative vibe towards me at times. U gotta be careful because not everybody is thick skinned like me. Styles P's daughter for example committed suicide so peoples actions vibe towards people can can have an affect. Don't always judge people innit. if a person isn't as smart as u, isn't as successful, doesn't see life u don't knock them for it. Everyone has their own lane

Young Bape...

Would you say you get e-bullied in here?

/

I think your character is cool and entertaining, no negative vibes bro.

Dizzee was on radio with Nasty before Roll Deep innit? 

I heard Armour first bought him through. 

2 hours ago, Badman said:

Young Bape...

Would you say you get e-bullied in here?

/

I think your character is cool and entertaining, no negative vibes bro.

I can never get e bullied imagine me and Drift from the same area 10 min walk apart. If it was a personal issue I would link man and we can see each other in person and dun the online hype not even on a trying to be hard vibe. Just on a be a man if u got a problem with a person say it to their face old skool ethics vibe. Though resorting to this would be dusty but if someone happy to talk accuse/hate so much online but won't face to face they should shut up online. I would say I got trolled by him and couple others like Ryder as for a long time I tried ignore their baiting until now but they kept at it knowing eventually I would call them out. Even told all these man call me dusty, call me a loser, call me non ambitious, call me immature that opinion i'll accept as an opinion all day long. But don't call me fake because u taking the piss i'm not fake i'm real to myself. If my parents in the past called me a loser maybe out of love to motivate me to re evaluate things in life u think a blogger calling me that can upset me? Just being called a troll/fake doesn't sit well because I simply am not

Fuck @Drift he's saying he'd bang you out quick if it was a ting but you ain't on it 

4 hours ago, Thizz said:

Dizzee was on radio with Nasty before Roll Deep innit? 

I heard Armour first bought him through. 

Yeah he rolled with Nasty crew 

Jamie J'ahabitat meridian

Je suis hench

Good to see Terror Danjah and Blazey questioning these 'grime' journos 

100% 

Grime is weird have ever come across these Blackpool grime mc's they literally have more views than everyone in grime apart from the main guys like Skepta and Chip even Noisey doing a piece on them now :rofl: