Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Young Bape

Is U.K Rap currently better than U.S Rap?

Is U.K Rap currently better than U.S Rap?   21 members have voted

1. 1. Is U.K Rap currently better than U.S Rap?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

67 posts in this topic

Is for me. This clip shows U.K Rap at it's best 9:02

Nope.

/

Only person in that video with an once of talent was Big Narstie

standards have dropped

Video was boring n shit

:/

"Is for me. This clip shows U.K Rap at it's best 9:02"

RPsRNYG.png

That video was definitely not UK rap at its best, that bottom of the barrel material.

46 minutes ago, Bobby Reds said:

Nope.

/

Pmsl 

No way, never will be. Ever. 

UK Rap, no, but UK Trap I can see an argument.

I think UK trap artists are currently putting better content on their trap and the beats are better, US trap is just lyrically poor and the beats aren't original enough. 

to be proud of black music in the UK requires looking at individuals and the scenes as a collective, there are some talented individuals but the scene is frankly abysmal, and that is why the MOBOs can never be enjoyable

3 hours ago, Bobby Reds said:

Nope.

/

That you Mike GLC?! :lol:

27 minutes ago, dub said:

to be proud of black music in the UK requires looking at individuals and the scenes as a collective, there are some talented individuals but the scene is frankly abysmal, and that is why the MOBOs can never be enjoyable

Ridiculous how out of touch you man are these days

the 'scene' has never been stronger mate

58 minutes ago, Lionel & Dave said:

Ridiculous how out of touch you man are these days

the 'scene' has never been stronger mate

Fam.

Never been stronger and only getting better. 

appealing to the masses via dross makes the scene the strongest it's ever been ye? 

The kind of rap that is popular here is better then its US counterpart by a long shot... maybe because its kind of outdated and dying over in America and they moved on very quickley from it... but on a whole nope never ever.

The way the London rappers & producers took the drill sound and advanced it further (musically) than any of them US artists. >>>
They could have never developed it like that imo, they ain't got the wave or the cultural mix in Chicago to produce that.

if you actually check the scene loads of guys making quality music and the wave being recognised over seas

That plus man being able to sell out headline shows independent of a label means ye strongest ever. 

The urban scene is in good shape right now. America still dictates how things sound over here, Hiphop wise.

I haven't really checked for any US rap album in long while. 0 interest

Only a hand full of the UK hiphop artist are really eating off the scene though

2 hours ago, MGEEZ said:

if you actually check the scene loads of guys making quality music and the wave being recognised over seas

That plus man being able to sell out headline shows independent of a label means ye strongest ever. 

Yeah but the venues are like 250 ppl (o2 academy in Islington for example)

Not a big achievement 

I wouldn't dismiss the achievement - people being able to put on shows in itself is impressive, making music that black people support that isn't dance based or US based as well

but I can't listen to the music these days and say "healthy"

This is getting confusing so we are not actually talking Rap bars etc?

We are talking drill artist ? what drill artist ? are we saying Uk guys are better than G Herbo, Montana of 300 and Lil Bibby? Which UK guys?

As for production Uk has made a distinct sound which is different from the US drill sound. I do not personally think one is superior to than the other.

Montana of 300 Chiraq >>>> Any Uk drill bars I have ever heard (Im not even hating if there are superior bars from a Uk drill artist please educate man)

1 hour ago, kerser said:

Yeah but the venues are like 250 ppl (o2 academy in Islington for example)

Not a big achievement 

I went to Giggs' first London headline show a few weeks ago at Kentish Town Forum

thats 2,300 capacity

this Friday I'm seeing Skepta at Alexandra Palace

that's 10,400 capacity

both are independent artists and lead the way in their genres respectably (road rap & grime)

i don't think this threads for you mate

Musically YES but i don't think we can compare ourselves lyrically to the US because they do not understand our slang and references so there is no point.

What i love about our scene whether it is Grime or Rap is that our sound is so unique. The fusion of Dancehall, Afrobeats and Garage amongst many other influences puts our sound in its own category.

We have a range of musicians that are all different.  Mostacks, J Hus, Mist, Big Tobz, K & K  are all different in their own right then you have someone like Kojo Funds that has the Afrobeats UK Rap ting going.

Production wise we have always excelled.

Then the Grime scene is healthy but I have a feeling that UK rap is going to leapfrog Grime in a couple of months because girls fuck with that a lot more.

Americans will never truly like Grime imo,but with our UK Rap they will love it because deep down they know that musically we're better.

11 hours ago, Platinum50 said:

The way the London rappers & producers took the drill sound and advanced it further (musically) than any of them US artists. >>>
They could have never developed it like that imo, they ain't got the wave or the cultural mix in Chicago to produce that.

In what way have they advanced it musically? 

We have better producers in the scene currently than ever before, I agree . I just think UK rappers sound better on drill/trap beats than the various phases of hiphop sounds they have adopted over time. Which is refreshing. 

I am just not sure about our producers doing it better than the yanks from a musical perspective.

2 hours ago, Lionel & Dave said:

I went to Giggs' first London headline show a few weeks ago at Kentish Town Forum

thats 2,300 capacity

this Friday I'm seeing Skepta at Alexandra Palace

that's 10,400 capacity

both are independent artists and lead the way in their genres respectably (road rap & grime)

i don't think this threads for you mate

Thing is though

Kerser's right

I like giggs but the only thing that I look at as an achievement is the fact that the show went ahead without the police shutting it down

How is Skepta the only one tryna fill somewhere that has 10,000+ capacity?