Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Young Bape

Where would u rank Seedorf in the G.O.A.T?

27 posts in this topic

How great was he in his prime to u? used to love watching him

Won the legauge, CL & domestic cup in 3 diff leagues.

For me he's top 15. 

4 minutes ago, Thizz said:

For me he's top 15. 

Sounds about right there. Watch somebody come through and say he never won a world cup or a euro's

33 minutes ago, Thizz said:

For me he's top 15. 

When was his prime?

Yeah Seedorf is a legend.

Cant dispute that at all.

27 minutes ago, Bobby Reds said:

Yeah Seedorf is a legend.

Cant dispute that at all.

It's the same with Scholes, Henry, Bergkamp, Zola, Kluivert, Davids etc all are legends regardless of them not winning a world cup or a european championship. To win a domestic league look at the amount of games u have to play and win in a season, u have to play against some teams that have spent ridiculous amounts of money which have world class players. It takes a journey of 9 months to win a domestic league title 

2 hours ago, O Fenomeno said:

When was his prime?

At Milan. 

2 hours ago, O Fenomeno said:

When was his prime?

At Milan. 

I had to check to make sure it wasn't May 1st cos this is obviously a joke right? 

Ronaldo

Ronaldo

Messi

Iniesta

Rivaldo

Romario

Maradona

Del Piero

Maldini 

Nesta

Zidane

Ronaldinho

Xavi

Gullit

Cryuff

I've just named 15 players without effort that very few would dispute are better than Seedorf. 

Top 15 in a GOAT list for Seedorf yeah? Think about some of the names I didn't even mention ffs.

1 hour ago, Davicious X said:

I had to check to make sure it wasn't May 1st cos this is obviously a joke right? 

Ronaldo

Ronaldo

Messi

Iniesta

Rivaldo

Romario

Maradona

Del Piero

Maldini 

Nesta

Zidane

Ronaldinho

Xavi

Gullit

Cryuff

I've just named 15 players without effort that very few would dispute are better than Seedorf. 

Top 15 in a GOAT list for Seedorf yeah? Think about some of the names I didn't even mention ffs.

I think u disrespecting Seedorf imo

1 hour ago, Young Bape said:

I think u disrespecting Seedorf imo

Fine, name 3 players on that list you believe are not better than Seedorf and I'll happily replace them for you.

Edit... In fact, let's make it 6. Name 6 players on that list that you believe Seedorf is better than, then I'll go through the task of replacing them.

Nesta>>>>Seedorf yh?

:lmao:

5 minutes ago, Davicious X said:

Fine, name 3 players on that list you believe are not better than Seedorf and I'll happily replace them for you.

Edit... In fact, let's make it 6. Name 6 players on that list that you believe Seedorf is better than, then I'll go through the task of replacing them.

I would put Seedorf ahead of Nesta and Maldeni I wouldn't put defensive players in my list over him. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with your list though it is dope list but I would basically say let's say u put Seedorf on there instead of Guilit Seedorf isn't gonna look out of place if that was to happen. The longevity he had and the trophies he won in different leagues that is a major ting.  

8 hours ago, Young Bape said:

I would put Seedorf ahead of Nesta and Maldeni I wouldn't put defensive players in my list over him. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with your list though it is dope list but I would basically say let's say u put Seedorf on there instead of Guilit Seedorf isn't gonna look out of place if that was to happen. The longevity he had and the trophies he won in different leagues that is a major ting.  

I'd give you Nesta. Would people really have Seedorf over Maldini?

hes one of those that makes you wanna make a different list for career achievements and a different list for talent. 

cos his career achievements are crazy

4 hours ago, Davicious X said:

I'd give you Nesta. Would people really have Seedorf over Maldini?

They would

14 hours ago, Reuben said:

hes one of those that makes you wanna make a different list for career achievements and a different list for talent. 

cos his career achievements are crazy

This.

I don't mean it disrespectfully but he's almost like those players (I said "Almost") that win major trophies by just being on the team. His stats aren't extra ordinary but he's been at teams with some of the best superstars in football, many of which I mentioned in my list, that were almost destined (Or at the very least expected) to win the major trophies and awards.

And truth be told, at his peak, people didn't regard him any higher than the likes of Edgar David's, and he wouldn't make anyones top 20, let alone to 15.

If it's just on career achievements then sure put him top 20, but on actual talent? Most of us here could name 20 central midfielders we'd have on our teams before Seedorf. 

It might be controversial but on talent, Vieira >>>> Seedorf

So much disrespect, talking like his talent was on Graveson levels.

One of the most complete midfielders of his generation, both footed,  could play anywhere, and NEVER looked out of place in any position.

Co sign Heero he had talent scored a lot of special goals. Technically he was immense u can't underestimate being 2 footed either.

Uncle Clarence

What a baller

People looking like Im saying I don't like him. I like him. I've seen over a hundred matches he featured in to know. I'm just not convinced that top 15 is his number.

It's why I said Vieira and would never have said Scholes as someone else did, which is a deeper conversation. But then it's all subjective.

One of the most complete footballers I've ever saw. He was like Yaya Toure just better! No weakness in his game. If he was Brazilian or Argentinian he'd definitely be ranked with the GOATS. AC was definitely his peak. That screamer he scored for real is one of the cleanest strikes ever.

1 of my fave ballers of all time. Wish he played for United should have copped him in 1995 when he left Ajax imagine we managed to get Kluivert in 1998 too when we wanted him if he never opted to go to Barca instead. Seedorf and Kluivert in the same United team

Yeah. missing out on Kluivert after the 98 World cup was huge. 

I think about it on a regular basis tbh. 

(Obviously not in the same way you do though)