How do you stay organised?

Mame Biram Diouf

I remember being on a Google course last year. One of the main takeaways for me was to get plans, actions and anything else in writing. Said a lot of studies show when it's on writing it is much more likely to happen. 

Anybody on here keep a psychical diary? 

I find for me notes in my phone and apps just don't work. Need to start physically writing it down. 

My lack of organisation and procrastination outside of work has had a hugely negative effect on my relationship this year with my girl, friends, gym, family and pretty much everything else important in my life. 

Too many times I'll make a promise or pledge for the sake of it, then just forget about it. Or it'll get last minute and I'll try and wing it. 

Going forward I have to change it. Anyone have any tips, or has battled with this before? 

I remember @Yoshie saying you was reading books around procrastination, any improvements? 

Looking like this could cost me my relationship right now. Only got myself to blame. Been [Ice] driving and treating my Ferrari like a Polo [Ice] 

• Upvote 1

How is being unorganised effecting your relationship? 

Outsourcing plans/dates/bookings to the missus is a must half the time, she would/is be happy to do it

/

Just got to make writing things down a habit and start with small things like even a shopping list. Calender, scribble and excel apps have worked for me. 

24 minutes ago, Supermalt said:

How is being unorganised effecting your relationship? 

Outsourcing plans/dates/bookings to the missus is a must half the time, she would/is be happy to do it

/

Just got to make writing things down a habit and start with small things like even a shopping list. Calender, scribble and excel apps have worked for me. 

I fucked up earlier on in the year 

Then prioritised the wrong people and things. Neglected my relationship alot, I remember seeing @Lieutenant post about growing together and doing fun things together. I've been treating it like a given, and a long term marriage - rather than ejecting fun into the relationship. 

Said I will improve x and we will start doing y, in reality I've continued doing z

Now the chickens have come home to roost. 

16 minutes ago, Thizz said:

This.

Lol yo

My mrs is literally my PA uno. Anything I need bought/booked/ordered etc I just message her and it gets done. Social events she puts it in her calendar and reminds me near the time. Reminds me of upcoming friends/family birthdays and buys the gifts.

Fuck

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Lieutenant said:

Lol yo

My mrs is literally my PA uno. Anything I need bought/booked/ordered etc I just message her and it gets done. Social events she puts it in her calendar and reminds me near the time. Reminds me of upcoming friends/family birthdays and buys the gifts.

Fuck

CS
This saves me so much trouble, she's in charge of the calendar.
Which is also long as I'll make plans and she'll be like 'but you said we'd do this and that'

Don't remember reading any books on it, probably got distracted which is ironic.

I'm worst when I've got nothing to do, give me a hectic week at work where I don't finish on time any day, I'll still come home, eat well, revise and hit gym.

Where-as in a week where I've got a few days off I'll do nothing, and likely miss gym as I'm too lazy.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Lieutenant said:

Lol yo

Fuck

LMAO LISTEN!

Was laughing about this with my boys, more time I just pick out my clothes and make sure there's petrol in the tank as everything else is sorted. I be getting Google alerts to the phone and I'm nice. You HAVE to outsource in this relationship game. I'm forgetful as hell, tell me to remember a woman's bday pmslllllllll.

/

The diary/Post It combo never failed me. I'm not into the digital stuff, sorta how I don't like using tablets to read books.

• Upvote 2

looooooooool man said outsource. not even delegate. the outsourcing talk is giving me joke I cannot lie. 

having some kind of calendar with upcoming plans is a must

having some kind of task list of what You need to do in Your own time is a must

For Bane, I'd tell people ask You closer to the time to verify.

Everyone wants unreasonably early notice, but if You can't definitely commit to it, just say remind me 2 weeks before

Also when You get lazy or want to do something like watch tv/play a game, have a "there's always something to do" mentality, and check something off Your list before leisure time. 

Ok ive thought about this. I think we all love being useful and we kno men love to feel needed an this comes out in different ways

Personally i cant say i love being given tasks but what i do love is doing something he never knew he needed/didn't cross his mind

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Grafter said:

Ok ive thought about this. I think we all love being useful and we kno men love to feel needed an this comes out in different ways

Personally i cant say i love being given tasks but what i do love is doing something he never knew he needed/didn't cross his mind

licking his bum?

55 minutes ago, Grafter said:

It's the same thing ?