Alien Covenant

Rsonist

It's strange, here's a quote I found floating around 

While Fox seemed ready to move forward for a time—after Blomkamp revealed the concept and the fan response to his ideas and art—executives seem to have backpedaled a bit, in favor of studio darling Ridley Scott’s prequel franchise based on Prometheus getting more focus

I heard that it could be something to do with Blomkamp's version ignoring Alien 3 and Resurrection, something that Ridley may not have been happy with.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Alien 5 100% dead :(

Neill Blomkamp’s Alien 5 is dead, says Ridley Scott

In late 2015, it was revealed that 20th Century Fox‘s plans for Neill Blomkamp‘s proposed Alien 5 were in a holding pattern pending the release of Ridley Scott’s prequel Alien: Covenant. Now that we’re weeks away from Covenant‘s May 19 bow in theaters, Scott has been asked by Allocine about Blomkamp’s fivequel and he suggests it’s no longer an active project at all.

“There was never a script,” Scott stated bluntly. “It was an idea that evolved from, I believe, a 10-page pitch, and I was meant to be part of the producers on that. It didn’t evolve. Fox decided that they didn’t want to do it and that was it. I’d already done ‘Prometheus’ and I was planning ‘Covenant’ so I dunno.”

When pressed to say if he thinks the sequel would ever happen, Scott said, “I don’t think so, no.” 

Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/843209-neill-blomkamps-alien-5-is-dead-says-ridley-scott#DIxu65jCMv7sVtOC.99

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

so disappointed with this.

They should've just made an Alien film and a Prometheus sequel, instead smashing them into one.

I will admit the horror element, and the film itself are beautifully done, but the CGI on the Xenomorph is horrible.

Really irked me how stupid they have to make the characters to move the plot along.

17 hours ago, Heero Yuy said:

so disappointed with this.

i agree but they were some good scenes

Spoiler

when the first david sets up the 2nd in command guy & the ting jumps on his face>>>>__

(only ppl who have seen previous aliens will clock what was about to go down

david v david fight>>>>___

/

overall i was disappointed especially the ending, they just used the same ending as in the first film (s.weaver in the machine v alien and it ends up in space)

they can't leave the ending like that though surely,

david is fucked!!! in fact all he seems to do is bare fuckries

imo aliens has slowly become about david

16 hours ago, Badman said:

I wont lie I thoroughly enjoyed this

An excellent example of a dying breed which is the sci-fi horror genre 

I think in it's own right it's a good film, but a poor sequel to Prometheus as it failed to build on the biggest element it left behind.

/

@Incumbent ye there were some really good scenes, Ridley is a great film maker. Apparently the ending was left for room to a sequel but that's not confirmed yet.

• 3 weeks later...