THE OFFICIAL VENTING + ANTI VENTING THREAD PART FOUR

Young Bape

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got on the bus to go work an bumped into someone i ain seen in years. Conversation was so constructive...certain things I've been worried about because he actually has real experience in what im gna do showed me i don't really av to worry

• Upvote 5

6 hours ago, Supermalt said:

Got a make or break deadline at work and I'm procrastinating like a d*ckhead on Wikipedia journeys

Fuck meetings too

Hyperfocus

i get this real bad, used to be up till 3am reading multiple wikipedia pages then panic writing an essay that was due the next day for school.

i get so anxious about making something perfect that i just end up doing anythingĀ to avoid doing that task and the internet just makes it worse. in fact rwd was my main source of procrastination in school years, LMS crew corrupted me

https://medium.com/present-tense/finding-the-flow-why-hyperfocus-is-not-the-superpower-of-adhd-and-flow-is-something-we-should-b43b1ec5d4fa

this helped me a bit a few weeks ago

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Seydou said:

You man teach me that shit

I'm the master of procrastination

make lists, get a notepad, ive been using apps and theyre dead, dont know why because theyre quite convenient and you can cloud sync etc but its just not the same, used apps for a few mnths then switched to a notepad and been doing better

thers a technique called pomodoro, basically you do what youre doing for 25 minutes, then take a 5 minute break, then 25 again. after 3-4 breaks take a 15-20 break

break your task in chunks, notepad is useful for that, and tick off the completed tasks

this is kinda going off onto a different tangent but gym or walks help.

also, dont wait for motivation, try and get disciplined, set tasks for the day you know you can complete and tick them off, start small then grow as you complete more things. i have a habit of jumping in the deep end and trying to swim without knowing how to and thats when the anxiety kicks in which leads to procrastination. also my need to do everything perfect, i never do drafts or do something then show someone and see how it can be improved, so thats something ive been working on as well. dunno if it'll work for you but mindfulness meditation helps a lot just before i do stuff to take the anxious feeling away

• Upvote 4

Lists are life!

Otherwise i become so overwhelmed i stop completelyĀ 

Been tryna tell someone else about lists an im gettin so much resistanceĀ 

Ā 

/

Dave in school our whole yr was told off for holdin bk on handin in homework unless we thought it was perfect. Its hard

trying to cut down on venting, its just negative energy and solves nothing imo

/

god bless eliquid and those shisha clarinet things, copped one for my old man and the guys fully put down cigarettes that he's been banging for 30-40 years and legit looks healthier and is eating/sleeping better. good stuff.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Grafter said:

Lists are life!

Otherwise i become so overwhelmed i stop completelyĀ 

Been tryna tell someone else about lists an im gettin so much resistanceĀ 

Ā 

/

Dave in school our whole yr was told off for holdin bk on handin in homework unless we thought it was perfect. Its hard

yeah tbh schools do some shit that can make it worse for kids, one of my teachers kinda did the same, i just gave up on those lessons tbh. used to give ambiguous guidelines then just say you need to improve it, hated that shit

So So I'm rotating a ting I use condoms with, one on the pill I buss into and one not on the pill I pull out of.

Forgot who was who and bussed into the wrong woman

Headache is real. "You expect me to call in sick to go and deal with this" etc. Ffs

• Downvote 1

24 minutes ago, Lens said:

So So I'm rotating a ting I use condoms with, one on the pill I buss into and one not on the pill I pull out of.

Headache is real. "You expect me to call in sick to go and deal with this" etc. Ffs

did you forget to pull out the first time and get rid of the sperm?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lens said:

Life is mad boy

1 hour ago, Lens said:

You carribeans are so irresponsible, seriously

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

• User unpinned this topic