Flat Earth - True Or False?

Incumbent

An interesting analysis vid on this subject, the guy hosting the vid is not a flat earth believer, but is just looking at what the theorists say, and pointing out the lies nasa feed out and other standout incosistencies.

Always remember with Nasa /CIA research "Operation Paperclip" how the Nazi's from ww2 started these two institutions in the USA in connection with The Catholic Vatican Church. (plenty of vids and books on this)

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

15 hours ago, Greens said:

Didn't even clock FE'ers believe Antarctica is some kind of out of bounds area that no one can visit as it's the 'edge' :lmao:

When i was in Argentina Dec/Jan met 2 different groups/couples who had done 2 weeks in Antarctica as part of their travels. Actually looks amazing, just cost a shit ton of money. 

bro i bet they NEVER explored all/most of it, yes you can visit certain parts but most of it is off limits.

Admiral Byrd testified to that after several military expeditions

• Downvote 1

smh @Greens

you were trying to say anyone can visit it & go anywhere they want etc then you gave examples of your friends visiting, how that debunks there being a "edge" i don't know

my point wasn't even about that, i was saying you can't visit most areas coz most of antarctica is off limits and it's not coz of it's size, but yes you touch permitted areas

you can't go beyond a certain point i believe, why? i don't know yet

/

on a side note, have any of you read the The Antarctic Treaty?

it's an amazing piece of agreement between select countries and still stands today despite all the fuckries going on outside of antarctica between even the same countries in this treatment :lol:

it's maud

• Downvote 2

@Rhymer-2 @james00 @Heero Yuy

or anyone

here's a question i'd like answers to

let's say all the videos/pictures of earth that nasa/russia/china put out are real especially the hd ones someone posted a page or 2 back

now considering there are apparently over 4000 satellites orbiting earth, how come you don't see any in all those pictures?

i've also watched "live" footage of the iss orbitting earth, i've seen zero

• Downvote 1

56 minutes ago, Incumbent said:

smh @Greens

you were trying to say anyone can visit it & go anywhere they want etc then you gave examples of your friends visiting, how that debunks there being a "edge" i don't know

my point wasn't even about that, i was saying you can't visit most areas coz most of antarctica is off limits and it's not coz of it's size, but yes you touch permitted areas

you can't go beyond a certain point i believe, why? i don't know yet

/

on a side note, have any of you read the The Antarctic Treaty?

it's an amazing piece of agreement between select countries and still stands today despite all the fuckries going on outside of antarctica between even the same countries in this treatment :lol:

it's maud

I've read that you can't touch any part of Antarctica and that a naval army guards anyone trying to get close to it so looooooool

Don't really see what's wrong the the treaty apart from humans did something good for once. 

Take your 2 favourite pics that you're talkin about and show us roughly where you'd expect the satellites to be plz

Have you ever sat on the beach in beefa or Cyprus or Benidorm with your mum

Everyones had a few San Miguel's and the sun going down and it's really special for all involved

Magical

When you and 1000 others take a pic of the sun set, how many of them include one of your fellow wizards

now consider this idea on a much larger scale

then remember to use condoms

Do you have proof it's off limits?

What happens if you keep walking, do you get stopped and asked for your papers?

Surely flat earthers travel there every year in droves to find undeniable truth of the edge to end the debate. Has not one made it through?

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Incumbent said:

@Rhymer-2 @james00 @Heero Yuy

or anyone

here's a question i'd like answers to

let's say all the videos/pictures of earth that nasa/russia/china put out are real especially the hd ones someone posted a page or 2 back

now considering there are apparently over 4000 satellites orbiting earth, how come you don't see any in all those pictures?

i've also watched "live" footage of the iss orbitting earth, i've seen zero

Sometimes, when we post a cool picture of the Earth taken from space, Popular Science gets questions about why, if there's so much garbage in space, we don't see an orbital landfill circling our planet in pictures of the Earth.

No, it’s not some massive conspiracy, and yes, the space above our planet is getting increasingly and worryingly crowded with satellites and space junk. It’s just that humans and the things we build are tiny compared to the vastness of our planet. There are about 4,256 human-made satellites orbiting the Earth, of which about 1,149 are still working. Most of these are fairly small, ranging from tiny CubeSats that are only four inches on each side to communications satellites that can be over 100 feet long.

That’s still tiny when you consider that the Earth is 7,917.5 miles across.

Even our space station is puny when compared to our planet. Measuring 357 feet end-to-end, the International Space Station (ISS) is by far the largest human-made object orbiting the Earth. Even that isn’t large enough to register on Earth-observing instruments such as the DSCOVR satellite's EPIC camera, which takes absolutely gorgeous pictures of the Earth from a million miles away.

Jay Herman, the lead scientist of EPIC, says that the smallest objects EPIC's camera can make out are about eight to 10 kilometers wide. At that range, the ISS wouldn’t even register as a blip in an image of the Earth.

Even satellites with closer vantage points and higher resolutions are out of luck. NASA's Terra and Aqua satellites carry the MODIS (or Moderate Resolution Imaging Spectroradiometer) instrument and operate only about 440 miles above the Earth’s surface.

“With the MODIS satellite, which has a resolution of one kilometer, you’d probably barely be able to make out something like the ISS," says Herman. "If it did pass through the field of view, you might see a bright spot, but you wouldn’t see many details, so it would be really hard to identify.” And that’s only if the ISS and Terra or Aqua happened to be in the same area.

That’s not to say that there are no orbiting observatories capable of taking images of other satellites or space junk. “Some of the commercial high-resolution satellites would be able to see the ISS and probably even smaller spacecraft,” Herman says.

But even then, it’s a matter of perspective and position. Satellites are designed to not crash into each other, which means that it’s very rare that their paths cross, and many of them operate at different altitudes. The ISS orbits at a height of around 250 miles, for example, while other satellites orbit closer to Earth or much further away. “The commercial satellites would be able to see the ISS, which is in a fairly low orbit,” Herman says. "But they wouldn’t be able to see MODIS, which is in a higher orbit than the commercial high-resolution satellites."

Satellites are designed to not crash into each other, which means that it’s very rare that their paths cross.

“The ISS is in an equatorial orbit, so it goes north and south of the equator, but not all the way to the poles,” Herman says. Many other satellites, including the commercial satellites, he says, orbit the Earth on a polar orbit, heading North to South. “The probability of a satellite [like the ISS] being in the field of view is not zero, but it’s small, because they’re in almost perpendicular orbits.”

And even if it seems invisible in the wide-angle images of Earth, that doesn’t mean that space junk isn’t a highly visible problem to people involved in spaceflight. Infographics show how very crowded the space around our planet has become.

“There’s a lot of space junk up there,” says Herman. “In fact, the ISS has to maneuver occasionally to get out of the way of stuff that NORAD tracks with radar.” Much of that space junk is small, ranging from paint chips to baseball-sized pieces of debris that were once part of Chinese, Russian, or American satellites. These pieces wouldn’t be immediately visible in images, but they still have the potential to cause real problems in space. “The velocities are so high that if a little piece of junk hit you it would do a lot of damage,” Herman says. Just last spring, an errant fragment chipped a window of the ISS.

But for many people, seeing is believing. There is one way to spot the denizens of Earth’s orbit, but it doesn’t involve radar tracking, satellites, or photographs. Just go outside on a clear night with little moonlight, find a spot with minimal light pollution and look up at the stars. Once your eyes adjust, you should be able to see small pinpricks of light moving steadily across the sky, smaller and steadier than an airplane. Those are some of the hundreds of satellites that are large and low enough to be spotted from Earth. While the smaller objects that make up the majority of items floating around our planet are far too tiny to ever be seen with the naked eye, there are enough large satellites orbiting the Earth that you should be able to spot at least a few. All you have to do is look up.

What makes you think that none of the photos show satellites?

Just because the ISS is in space doesn't mean it is much closer to satellites than we are on the ground.  45% of the operational satellites are in orbits more than 35,000 km above the ISS.  Another 5% are in orbits around 20,000 km above the ISS.  In a picture they would look like stars.  We would only really recognize they weren't stars if the picture had a long enough exposure that trails were evident and the satellites trail would not align with those of the stars.

As for the rest, that are in low Earth orbit (LEO), even they will be hundreds of km away from the ISS and also be mere bright points of light, and the closer they are, the faster they would move across the sky.

Space is bigger than we imagine.  Don't imagine it as a crowded highway of satellites.  There are around 1100 operational satellites and around 2600 inoperational satellites, so around 3700, total.  The surface area of the Earth is 510,000,000 square kilometers.  So, if we were to take all of those satellites and place them on the Earth's surface - evenly spaced - each satellite would have about 137,800 square kilometers all to itself.  That's an area about the size of the state of Arkansas.  Up in orbit we are talking about a much bigger surface area, in fact we are talking about a volume so satellites can be much farther from each other.

Look closely at the thousands of images of stars from the ISS and you'll see satellites, they'll just be small.

Guy thinks that these Satellites and space junk just travels at the same speed as everything else in the same direction. Forget the 6000-25000 or more mph that each object travels at in all directions. Yes, it will be easy to take snaps..... SMH!!!

• Downvote 1

On 3/27/2017 at 0:08 PM, Grafter said:

If imcumbent understood these beliefs of his he would be able to summarise in his own words

:/

your chatting shit by doing what most gal do, bringing irrelevant shit into a debate

1. i've never said it's my belief or that i'm sold on the FE theories

2. of course i don't fully understand it hence the name of the topic? i'm still researching, finding shit out so what i'm i suppose to summarise suddenly

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Incumbent said:

:/

your chatting shit by doing what most gal do, bringing irrelevant shit into a debate

1. i've never said it's my belief or that i'm sold on the FE theories

2. of course i don't fully understand it hence the name of the topic? i'm still researching, finding shit out so what i'm i suppose to summarise suddenly

Listen fuck off

Askin people to be open minded u cant even explain. An now you wanna insult my gender

• Downvote 3

13 minutes ago, Grafter said:

Listen fuck off

Askin people to be open minded u cant even explain. An now you wanna insult my gender

suck ya mum in it

how do i explain/summarise something if from the jump i'm asking questions about the subject?

any dumb bitch :lol:

wy y

ry qryry

ery ery er

y

:rofl:

gal brings up irrelevant shit into the debate, accuses me of having a belief etc

then when i point out how wrong she was and everyone can read it and see for themselves, she's now telling man to fuck off & my mum is this for this INSTEAD saying sorry for being wrong in the first place?

just wow