Flat Earth - True Or False?

Incumbent

On 3/23/2017 at 9:57 AM, Badman said:

The earth may not be flat but this clearly highlights that there is a subjective world out there

I appreciate the notion of this thread tbh

As preposterous as this thread seems, we have a personal duty to critically think about the facts we have blindly adopted and consider all possibilities

Who knows, this might have been a ploy to get us to engage our critical thinking mechanisms so that we can expose other fake facts that the powers that be have forced upon us

Terrorism, banking, the false economy, the social elite etc

pos x infinity

that's all i want people to do instead of just believing the status quo

at the end of the day almost all that you know has come from powerful governments & big businesses

Spoiler

No spoiler

261cdfl_th.jpg little something I mocked up from one of the images previously posted regarding the horizon experiment, their data suggests we Globalists estimate the circumference of the earth at about 72 miles around based on this image. I stress 6 miles is not enough, nor is 150 miles, in fact you'd have to probably do about 3-4000 milles to observe the curvature from a stationary position.

Critical thinking is good, but sometimes its okay to go with the status quo if its proven, otherwise you're just wasting valuable time that could be used gathering new knowledge.

• Upvote 1

THIS IS WHAT GOT ME QUESTIONING EVERYTHING.

If we have visited the moon, have bare satelites around the globe, flew pass all these planets via the voyager probe, mariner, took all these fantastic pictures of other shit in space via hubble telescope etc

WHY IS THERE ZERO REAL PICTURES OF EARTH? 0

4 minutes ago, Incumbent said:

THIS IS WHAT GOT ME QUESTIONING EVERYTHING.

If we have visited the moon, have bare satelites around the globe, flew pass all these planets via the voyager probe, mariner, hubble telescope etc

WHY IS THERE ZERO REAL PICTURES OF EARTH? 0

https://www.nasa.gov/image-feature/nasa-captures-epic-earth-image

One lesson to learn from the flat Earth movement is the folly of challenging science's core discoveries without having having a foundation of scientific literacy. Research is always going on, and we're always learning new things and improving our knowledge. But these new discoveries are rarely, or never, that profoundly well-established core fundamentals like the shape of the Earth are wrong. For someone who lacks thorough expertise on a subject to jump in and suddenly claim that everything everyone else knows is wrong is a sure sign of crankery. Take the flat Earthers as a lesson in the importance of developing a basic scientific literacy.

https://skeptoid.com/episodes/4338

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

All known images of the earth as a whole sphere are under remit of NASA, and they themselves admit all images of earth as globe are hi res composite images, (eg stiched satellite images patched together)

https://visibleearth.nasa.gov/view.php?id=57723

https://www.nasa.gov/content/blue-marble-image-of-the-earth-from-apollo-17

"This spectacular “blue marble” image is the most detailed true-color image of the entire Earth to date. Using a collection of satellite-based observations, scientists and visualizers stitched together months of observations of the land surface, oceans, sea ice, and clouds into a seamless, true-color mosaic of every square kilometer (.386 square mile) of our planet. These images are freely available to educators, scientists, museums, and the public."

No actual complete image of earth as whole in one shot take has ever been captured...

(disclaimer im not a flat earther, however, its an interesting debate and strong points raised in both arguements, as nobody knows for certain except  Nasa and a lot of guess work)

Other sources point the earth to be more of an oblate spheroid shape. Than a perfect round ball.

Does change anything no. Humans are still fucked up and banks are greedy and corrupt. However, it's just interesting.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Mizchif said:
  Reveal hidden contents

No spoiler

little something I mocked up from one of the images previously posted regarding the horizon experiment, their data suggests we Globalists estimate the circumference of the earth at about 72 miles around based on this image. I stress 6 miles is not enough, nor is 150 miles, in fact you'd have to probably do about 3-4000 milles to observe the curvature from a stationary position.

Critical thinking is good, but sometimes its okay to go with the status quo if its proven, otherwise you're just wasting valuable time that could be used gathering new knowledge.

according to the curvature calculator, looking at something 6 miles away from 6 feet up means the first 6 feet of what your viewing wont be visible

so if there was a 6 mile long lake in front of us and there was a boat at the other end, can you explain why the above calculation doesnt apply here and why we will be able to see the whole boat?

45 minutes ago, time_bomb said:

What makes me laugh is these people who argue tooth and nail that earth is flat will also be the same ones to ridicule those who believe in god as the creator.

not true, more like the opposite from what ive seen

2 hours ago, time_bomb said:

What makes me laugh is these people who argue tooth and nail that earth is flat will also be the same ones to ridicule those who believe in god as the creator.

Correction, there is no God. The ones who created humans are extra-terrestrial, as noticed in nearly all religious books. 

The ancient astronaut theory makes the most sense and brings an understanding to why we follow religion and previous ancient buildings.

How can every religion witness beings come from the stars?

The Universe is so massive, flat Earth makes no sense, especially with the changing positions of the stars.

http://www.popsci.com/technology/article/2011-05/controversial-gravity-experiment-proves-spacetime-vortex-around-earth

for anyone who can be bothered to read.

and for those who can't only a spherical like object could warp spacetime in the measurements detected during a gravity experiment back in 2011. 

If the earth was flat it wouldn't warp spacetime in the same way.

On 3/23/2017 at 0:21 PM, Natty said:

Can you address this as well

1. You can clearly see the sun setting though if the earths flat and the sun sets shouldn't everywhere in the world be dark once the sun sets? 

2. Also if the sun was moving away from the horizon wouldn't it get smaller and smaller through the day? The sun stays the same size but according to FE theory it should get smaller and smaller.

@Natty

1. No, watch the  short video

2. It's an illusion the sun actually gets bigger coz it gets higher in the sky, it is moving towards & away from you

sun-size-flat-earth-model-north-america.

if the above question is what you want me to answer then I have already answered but here, it's a very short video less than 5mins

2 hours ago, Heero Yuy said:

They've done tests based on the speed of light to determine how far the sun is from earth btw.

but never mind that...

no let's discuss that coz you obviously didn't know that recently CERN did experiments that found photons & neurito (don't know the correct spelling) travelled faster than light

now if you remember from science class & albert's theories, one of the universal constants was nothing travels faster than light and the speed of light is constant

well it's both been proven that it has changed over the years, between roughly 1950-1972 the speed of light changed and again recently

don't believe me? do your own research that way i'm not swaying you

/

It's a tragedy and a crime that schools, colleges, universities, NASA and TV personality physicists, like Brian Cox, teach, mislead and brainwash impressionable children, (and adults), into believing scientific theories are facts.