General Election 2017

Afroman

the media have almost successfuly finished off Corbyn.. will the sheeple complete the story and prove to themselves that they are useless to complain about stuff yet do nothing about it? 

i hear people say "im a traditional labour voter, but ill vote May in because corbyn cant win or is rubbish (of which they cant really define)" thats pure sheep for you.

although ive also heard a number of brexiters say they will vote for labour. 

if the majority vote for the cons then like trump i hope they (the winning party) be as nasty as they want to be because its the same people who hold the balance in power that will suffer the most under such people so suffer you shall since you want to vote for a woman who publicly said 6 times even up to 8 days ago that there will be no GE before 2020...but she will keep her promise to fight for you... 

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

Let me get this straight, you think people shouldn't vote for May because she changed her mind on a snap election after coming to the realization it would give her more power in Government to do the things she wants to do.

But you want people to go out and vote for Corbyn as some man of integrity, the same guy who was Eurosceptic his whole political career right up until the moment he became leader of the opposition then changed his mind.

• Downvote 6

8 hours ago, Gambino said:

Let me get this straight, you think people shouldn't vote for May because she changed her mind on a snap election after coming to the realization it would give her more power in Government to do the things she wants to do.

But you want people to go out and vote for Corbyn as some man of integrity, the same guy who was Eurosceptic his whole political career right up until the moment he became leader of the opposition then changed his mind.

May was euro sceptic too, as was majority of the tory party. i dont want people to not vote may because of that. both may and corbyn were eurosceptics and have both pledged to respect the will of the people and go ahead with brexit. 

May did not just come to the realization that it would give her more powers, she knew that from the very next day after she took office...and all the time after that. 

she knew that all the times she publicly stated she would not have a snap election until 2020.

thats the same way the lib dems promised NOT to increase tuition fees when in govt.  so if people cannot read into that..something as simple as that then thats the same way she will claim she is fighting for AB and C..only to dump that claim when it suits her. 

• Upvote 7

Teresa May looks like a Komodo Dragon or some sort of Iguana.

Like she takes off her Teresa skin every night before she goes to bed in the hive 

Creepy bitch. Can have the country being run by a salamander. 

• Upvote 9

@VENOM That's Politics though right. Imagine I was some Champion and Fan of Corbyn based on knowing how Eurosceptic he was and backed him only for him to get in power and join the Pro European camp. How could I trust a man like that who was willing to change his lifetime view point for the sake of power. May said she wouldn't run an election but now she's having struggles with the remain camp and some of her own party she's opted for a position to gain more power. Obviously that's something most people on here are going to hate because it strengthens her hand in her vision of Brexit, for those on the Leave side it's great if it works out in her favour.

• Downvote 5

Why would it be great for leavers? You have no idea of her brexit plan, nobody does.

The only thing we do know for certain is that she will get the best deals for her Tory mates in high places.

Oh sorry, I thought brexit now meant getting the best economical deal for the majority of people in this county, how could I be so stupid and forget it's about keeping them bloody immigrants out.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

PMSL @ Trying to pretend you forgot it wasn't one of the main reasons people voted for Brexit. Basically you know the answer to that question is Conservatives which deads your own argument in the first place.

Labour are Pro Free Movement.

Lib Dems cannot even accept the result and want another referendum on it.

Which is why the Conservatives are going to obliterate everyone else in this snap election. Regardless of all the negs and hate on this forum I have remained being right.

• Downvote 4

You really are stupid.

Imagine a northern working class guy making a case for the Tories because he thinks it will be in line with his immigration ideals.

pmsl

• Upvote 7

57 minutes ago, FA23 said:

You really are stupid.

Imagine a northern working class guy making a case for the Tories because he thinks it will be in line with his immigration ideals.

pmsl

Stupidly correct most of the time it seems lol. When we leave the EU and your angry about the Conservatives in power you can thank me for having the ability to hold YOUR Government accountable. A luxury you wouldn't of been afforded in Europe.

• Downvote 3

You actually have no idea what you are talking about do you. Bless.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

22 minutes ago, hardface said:

The media got you thinking they know anything...again. Corbyn has support from the people who vote. 

In reality its never as cut and dry as everyone will have you beleive  

This. 

I have got to say Corbeezys speech today was his best delivery yet.

Labour as a lot of work to do though 

On 20/04/2017 at 1:34 PM, Gambino said:

@VENOM That's Politics though right. Imagine I was some Champion and Fan of Corbyn based on knowing how Eurosceptic he was and backed him only for him to get in power and join the Pro European camp. How could I trust a man like that who was willing to change his lifetime view point for the sake of power. May said she wouldn't run an election but now she's having struggles with the remain camp and some of her own party she's opted for a position to gain more power. Obviously that's something most people on here are going to hate because it strengthens her hand in her vision of Brexit, for those on the Leave side it's great if it works out in her favour.

Mays battle with brexit is not with members of parliament but with the 27 nations who have 100% say on any uk deal.. so that argument is just a stupid one. She has not come up with ANY plan for them to fight her about. 

The whole 600 seats could be conservative and it won't mean jack shit because it's the EU voting on what we want. Some members of labour want free movement, some members of the lib dems want soft brexit...but in reality soft or hard..it's the EU going to decide what they give you.  The EU have made it clear about the terms of free movement so it doesn't matter what the 7 lib dem MPs want. They are no barrier to her...

• Upvote 1

pure MPs stepping down and not standing

well Ive heard of about 5, but still

Theresa May’s claim that she will be strengthened in the Brexit talks by a general election victory has been dismissed as nonsense by the European parliament’s Brexit coordinator, who has condemned the prime minister as a political opportunist.

In an outspoken attack, Guy Verhofstadt suggests the prime minister was motivated by party political considerations rather than the national interest in calling a poll for 8 June.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/apr/22/theresa-may-election-power-grab-slammed-guy-verhofstadt-brexit-negotiator

:rofl:

I disagree @VENOM. And that mentality that the "EU will decide" is one that belongs to the remain camp. The UK has always been in a strong position, so negotiating hard with them is the way. I liked what May said about no deal being better than a bad deal. That's how it should be IMO. I don't expect anyone Pro EU to see it that way though. Fact is some members of parliament are acting as assets to the EU making things harder for her to play hard ball with them, we must look weak to them when you got guys still championing their cause. So whilst I don't particularly support the Conservatives I'd support them getting a larger majority because I know Labour and Lib Dems are not on the Leave side at all.

Snap election will be interesting. Talk on Tax Rises today could harm May and Co.

14 minutes ago, QPR Dee said:

pure MPs stepping down and not standing

well Ive heard of about 5, but still

Noticed this as well, there has been at least 19 so far.