Madrid move for Chelsea's Robben

Doom

Real Madrid are in talks with Chelsea to sign winger Arjen Robben, according to the Spanish club's president."We are in discussions with Chelsea and the player, they are at an early stage but we hope to sign him," said Real president Ramon Calderon."Bringing Robben was one of my pledges when I was running for president and still remains the case."Robben, 23, was reported to be close to signing a new deal to keep him at Stamford Bridge until 2012. 606: DEBATEShould Chelsea sell Robben?In May, the Dutchman, who signed from PSV Eindhoven for ã12m in 2004, said he hoped to stay at Chelsea, having refused an approach from Bayern Munich.The winger is one of manager Jose Mourinho's key players but his progress at Chelsea has been hampered by a succession of injuries.Last season, a thigh strain and knee injury kept him on the sidelines for several weeks of the campaign.In July 2006, Chelsea threatened to have Real investigated by football's world governing body, Fifa, for what they considered to be an illegal approach for Robben.Calderon claimed that his sporting director Predrag Mijatovic had spoken to Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich with a view to discussing a deal to sign the Dutch player.Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon responded by stating: "We note that Mr Calderon confirms Real Madrid spoke to Arjen."As a result Chelsea will be writing to Fifa to ask them to investigate an illegal approach by Real Madrid.''There have been no meetings or conversations between the Real Madrid sporting director Predrag Mijatovic with any Chelsea officials, anyone mandated to act on Chelsea's behalf or owner Roman Abramovich about Arjen's future
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...sea/6730295.stm

Big movehe can probve that he is worlds best winger at madrid

Don't believe anything Calderon say's.
Co Sign. He also said today that they are Signing Kaka. Doubt theres much truth in that.But if it was to happen. Man would see how dangerous Robben is. I cant beleive Mourinho doesnt start him every f*cking game.Just tries fitting all his CM's onto the pitch. As soon as he realises his sh*t formation aint working, he brings him on and thats when the damage starts occuring.

Co Sign. He also said today that they are Signing Kaka. Doubt theres much truth in that.But if it was to happen. Man would see how dangerous Robben is. I cant beleive Mourinho doesnt start him every f*cking game.Just tries fitting all his CM's onto the pitch. As soon as he realises his sh*t formation aint working, he brings him on and thats when the damage starts occuring.

People ain't clocking the levels man. Mourinho's smart, using Rob as an impact player. this works because;1. Rob can come on and run at tired legs and no-one will be able to stop him2. Rob isn't consistent enough yet to bang out a full 90 mins3. His selfishness on the ball won't have that much impact on the team4. He'd probably get injured more regulary if he played a full 905. Rob CAN'T play a full 90, he's exhausted after 70 minsMourinho putting him on after half time is an ingeniuos desicion biggrin.gif

• 9 years later...

“A transfer to China would be something else entirely. That is basically acknowledging your career is over. I want to keep playing at the highest level as long as possible,” the 32-year-old said via The Mirror.

Sounding the death knell for the careers of his colleagues heading to China is pretty strong. He did backpedal just a bit, however, adding that players past their prime (sort 0f) get a pass. Those at the pinnacle of their careers caught heat from the Dutchman, though.

“I do not understand players going to China at the age of 27 or 28. Those guys are at the peak of their career. That is a waste really. You only get one career. I sort of understand players who are already in their 30s.”