Wenger - "At the moment I have not made any offer for Anelka"

Eduardo da Silva

"At the moment I have not made any offer for Anelka. I felt we had the strikers we needed, and also I wanted a player like Eduardo, who can play on the flanks and with Adebayor, or with van Persie. That is why we have gone for Eduardo. It was more a question of choice rather than the quality of Anelka, because I rate him very very highly. It was just we have Adebayor, Bendtner and Eduardo who play in the same position."
Would absolutely love to see Anelka again.Quality striker who will score 15+ goals.

Well heard in his programme notes today he was looking to bring in 1 or 2 more players can anyone who picked up the programme confirm this?Would be good to see him back, he is proven in the Premiership. Not the same player he use to be though.
yh"we are still looking to bring one more player in, maybe two, depending on who is available"

Well heard in his programme notes today he was looking to bring in 1 or 2 more players can anyone who picked up the programme confirm this?Would be good to see him back, he is proven in the Premiership. Not the same player he use to be though.
Yeah consider it confirmed. The way the team looked so much better with Clichy & Eboue running the flanks I defo think he will buy a winger. CastilloQuaresmawill do fine Arsene.

Saw this on an Arsenal forum so I'm not sure if it's true or not.

Wenger's press conference is full of info btw. He let slip at 1 time. Saying he bought Eduardo to see how he plays with Anelka, lol. But he doesn't rule out Anelka at all, it actually sounds like he's about to buy him or has already got something lined up, either with him, or with other players. He's very open and frank, I feel he has his targets and will bring them in. He says he rates Anelka very highly. "For the moment, I haven't bid for Anelka" He was also asked, ""Did the board say no if u tried to bring Anelka?", his answer was "no" and that he can bring in anybody he wants, unless there was a financial problem. He then let slip again, "Did you want to bring Anelka in", he said, "of course", realised his mistake, and then tried to twist it to say he can bring anybody he wants.. but just before that question, it was "Did Anelka want to come", so it could be an answer to that too. That's all I can remember for the moment.

Press: The players you’re looking to sign - are they from England? AW: I can’t tell you. Press: Did you want to bring Anelka in? Did the board say no? AW: No. Press: â€Â¦Which part of that are you saying “Noâ€Â to? AW: He asked me the question, “Did the board say no?â€Â And I said, “noâ€Â. Press: So did you want to bring Anelka in? AW: I can bring in who I want, and the board doesn’t interfere in that, unless it’s a financial situation and we cannot afford them. Press: Did you want to bring Anelka in? AW: I just gave you the answer, no? Press: You told us you can bring in who you want, but did you want to bring Anelka in? Did Anelka want to come? AW: Of course. I felt that we have the strikers we need, and that I wanted a striker like Eduardo who can play on the flanks, and can play with Anelka, or with Adebayor, or with Van Persie, and that’s why we have gone for Eduardo, and it was more a question of choice - nothing to do with the quality of Anelka. I rate him very very highly. It was just we had Adebayor, Bendtner, Van Persie playing in the same position. Press: You have said you’d like up to two more players. Can you indentify the positions? Will you definitely not sign a striker? AW: I cannot tell you at the moment. Because you are all too clever. Press: So the possibility of going for Anelka is still there? AW: â€Â¦I cannot say that at all at the moment. Press: So it could still happen Arsene? Anelka could still end up at Arsenal? AW: Well there are plenty of strikers in the world that you could buy. Press: So is the thought process behind one or two of your targets related linked with the possiblity of Eduardo not coming? AW: No. Press: Have you ruled out an offer for Anelka? AW: Why are you so obsessed with Anelka? Press: I’m asking as a journalist: what’s the situation? AW: At the moment, I have not made any offer for Anelka.
Lol really trying to drag answers out of him. You can watch the post match press conference on ATVO.Funniest part of the interview was the following.AW: I would like to remind you we got Walcott, what is he? He is a wingerPress: Sven never told us.

if we can get anelka i think we should,i wouldnt consider bendtner ready yet as an option as 1 of r 4 strikers in terms of goal scoring pedigreeanelka would only b a few years worth like some1 said but its not about him banging those kind of goals he did vs us next season n leaving us thinking IF ONLY.hes got that electric pace we lost & seem 2 lack a bit,let alone the rest of his talent