How dare he

Brazil legend Pele has urged David Beckham to put football before everything else if he is to succeed with LA Galaxy. The England international recently joined the MLS club in one of the most publicised transfers in football history. The former Manchester United ace has already caused a stir across the Atlantic without even kicking a ball in competitive action for Frank Yallop's side. Pele, who himself played for the New York Cosmos, believes Beckham needs to shy away from the glitz and glamour and concentrate on performing. "David Beckham is more of a pop star than a player," said Pele. "From my experience, I would advise him to be very well prepared for the matches. "I know the level of play in the league. It is well balanced, and the spectators will demand a lot from him as their star player. "But when there's no training or practice, then he can stroll through Hollywood."
Any outsider speaking like he knows Beckham, Beckham is more professional than anyone, patronizing prick.

thats not bad advice still. the US will not give beckham very long to produce results, im still wondering how he's gonna do it but we'll see. pele didnt flop he was a victim of america's deeper love for other sports. the same thing can happen to beckham...him being used to raise the game's profile in the US which can only be done if galaxy win the league. anything less the public might hold out for another year if galaxy doesnt win then.. well its the beginning of the end really.. and this is a team that doesnt have ronaldo or kaka or rooney.. just beckham so bwoy. not like beckham will be listening to pele but.. it was worth mentioning.