You thought the new West Ham captain was bad, look who is the new Wigan skipper, lol...

TF/S4DK

Mario Melchiot named Latics skipperMario Melchiot has been handed the captain's armband as Wigan Athletic step up their preparations for the new Premiership season.The Dutch international, who turned down a host of top European clubs to join Latics this summer, has been chosen by Chris Hutchings because of his experience and leadership qualities.Melchiot has skippered the side in their opening two pre-season games while the squad were away in Holland and the Latics chief has now given him the role on a permanent basis.Latics boss Chris Hutchings said: "I'm blessed with many leaders in my squad but I have decided Mario is going to be skipper this season. He has all the qualities I look for in a captain and I like the fact he plays at the back; I think that gives him a good perspective on what's happening in a game."Mario's appointment makes it a case of 'Double Dutch' for the Latics captaincy, as he takes over from fellow countryman Arjan De Zeeuw, who left the club in the summer.

Mario Melchiot named Latics skipperMario Melchiot has been handed the captain's armband as Wigan Athletic step up their preparations for the new Premiership season.The Dutch international, who turned down a host of top European clubs to join Latics this summer, has been chosen by Chris Hutchings because of his experience and leadership qualities.Melchiot has skippered the side in their opening two pre-season games while the squad were away in Holland and the Latics chief has now given him the role on a permanent basis.Latics boss Chris Hutchings said: "I'm blessed with many leaders in my squad but I have decided Mario is going to be skipper this season. He has all the qualities I look for in a captain and I like the fact he plays at the back; I think that gives him a good perspective on what's happening in a game."Mario's appointment makes it a case of 'Double Dutch' for the Latics captaincy, as he takes over from fellow countryman Arjan De Zeeuw, who left the club in the summer.
Thats has to be a joke?He's probably one of their better players so i'm not to suprised that he got picked.Although its still bizzare seeing as he's prone to making bare mistakes.