Picking a captain...

Apache

You pick the best man for the job, simple as.Some people think you have to earn it, but not by being good, by god no; by simply being there long enough. It's like that guy at work (for those who do), we all have that guy... the one that's been there for years, part of the furniture and that... but - he's only average at his current job. You're looking for a leader, a man among men, someone who can take their team on to the next level and produce results. Average Joe is not that man so you look else where, you bring in someone else and give them the chance to perform... and they do! Now crunch time comes up and you have to make a decision; average Joe or new nang Neill (see what I did there?).It's an easy decision.If it was how some would prefer it, West Ham's new captain would be Christian 'Football genius' Dailly.Hope that's cleared up any confusion, thangu.

Guest the_truth_hurts

But its a respect thing as well if i'm looking at a new captain i'm looking for a leader, a winner and most importantly passion. Captain should never really be a new member of the team.

I think curbs just pulled a red skittle from the bag and settled on Neil lucky dip style.