Kevin Garnett to Boston?

Superstition

It's been a pretty eventful off-season for NBA basketball. Quick catch-up:

• In the sickest draft class in years, Portland and Seattle got the top two picks. Portland grabbed Greg Oden and Seattle took Kevin Durant. No surprises there.
  • Boston put trades into motion on draft day - they acquired Ray Allen from Seattle, in exchange for Jeff Green (who was Boston's pick at No 5), Delonte West, and Szczerbiak. Boston strengthening - Paul Pierce and Ray Allen will put them in the Playoffs in the East.
  • Seattle been dealing too - Rashard Lewis became a free agent, and went to Orlando. Ray Allen went to Boston. But Durant and Green make them a team to watch in the upcoming years.
  • The Chinese sensation Yi Jianlian got picked by Milwaukee at No 6, and has kicked up a storm by refusing to report to the team, wanting to be traded somewhere with a bigger team. His Chinese government handlers say he doesn't want to play there, though it remains to be seen whether that's them or him making the decision.
  • One of the NBA refs got done in a gambling scandal... he's officiated some controversial games recently, including last year's Spurs/Suns mess in the Playoffs.
  • Kobe's been giving the Lakers more grief, flip-flopping publicly about his desire to leave Los Angeles. We'll see if the Lakers bring any legit help for him this season.
  • And now, it's all-but official that the future hall-of-fame forward Kevin Garnett has been traded to Boston. They've sent the following to Minnesota: Al Jefferson, Seb Telfair, Gerald Green, Ryan Gomes and Theo Ratliff, along with two future first-round picks. Now the Eastern Conference is f*ckED. The Celtics have a core of - Paul Pierce, Ray Allen and KG. Should at LEAST be the Eastern champions with those guys...
  • There is going to be an NBA game in London next October - Minnesota vs Boston. Its going to be FIYAHH with those three players turning out. Make it if you can.

Yh heard this. Boston gonna be a strnog contender for East champs and possibly NBA champs. Garnett is the most productive forward in the league, you got one of the best shooters in Ray Allen and someone who comes up in clutch and is a very efficient scorer in Pierce. Hope it works.

• 4 weeks later...

FUKIN MASSIVE TING FOR BOSTON! LOLLIKE I TINK DEM 3 WILL B NICE WID IT LIKE DEY'LL WORK WELL TOGETHER AN DAT VERY GODO TEAM...HOWEVER..IT WONT WORK LOLBOSTON HAS GIVEN UP PRETTY MUCH ALL OF DERE PLAYERS TO ALL DA TEAMS DEY GOT LIKE NEXT TO NO SUBS!AN DEY LACK A POINT GUARD TO SET UP EVERYTHING! DEY GOT DA NU RYJIAN RONDO GUY BTU HES A SOPHMORE LOL SO I DNT TINK ITS GOAN B A RI SEASON FOR DEM NEXT YEAR.

Aint watched NBA since late 90'sGarnett was the new ting coming thruWho are the top teams now, LA Kobi (Lakers) still killing it?
Winner of the playoff were San Antonio Spurs. Played really well. Parker, Duncan & Ginobili were superb. Bowen is defense. Cleveland reached the finals but didnt really play that well against Spurs. Though their series with Detroit Pistons was very very good.

The Lakers are trash nowadays. Since Shaq left, they've barely made the playoffs. Kobe's best years are being squandered alongside a bunch of wasteguys. He's been complaining about it for time now. Unless the Lakers do like Boston and conjure a blockbuster trade to bring a superstar in alongside Kobe, I don't see him sticking in LA for too much longer. And the Lakers might be the worst-managed team in the league, so the odds of that happening aren't great.Since I made that first post, the Yi Jianlin saga has dragged on - his agent says he wants to be traded outta Milwaukee to Chicago, LA, NY, Toronto or Golden State. It's a tough one coz the Bucks don't want to trade him.Phoenix have signed Grant Hill for the added veteran leadership and smart play he can provide. They are gonna be a force next year.Steve Francis has gone back to Houston, should be a sick link up with T-Mac and Yao Ming.And I'm inclined to agree with Bam Man about Boston now, upon reflection. They've gained one of the best players ever, but basically stripped their roster of all decent roleplayers and young talent. They traded their future prospects for a chance at success now (I reckon their window is the next 2-3 seasons, and a season @ least will be them gelling and building chemistry). But Boston were horribly-managed for so long, so their future prospects probably wouldn't have translated to success down the road. They need a better PG than Rajan Rondo though.

I like Deng, he's one of my favourite players. Big, athletic, sweet shooter, great slashing to the hoop, quality defence, hustles hard. Definite future all-star. And he has a great work ethic, he's improved so much since he's been in the league, and apparently he's been in the gym all summer working on his game. And he's still only 22! I reckon he's gonna be a 20 and 10 guy next season, and will remain so for a long time. But I'm a Bulls fan so I'm biased. biggrin.gif And he's an Arsenal fan, don't you know. :D Man's got impeccable taste.4knaool.jpg

Who's playing for USA??
The roster for this FIBA Americas tournament is Jason Kidd, Deron Williams and Chauncey Billups (point guards), Dwight Howard, Amare Stoudemire and Tyson Chandler (big guys), and Kobe Bryant, Carmelo Anthony, Lebron James, Mike Miller, Tayshaun Prince and Michael Redd (shooters/scorcers/wing players)They are REALLY killing sh*t while playing Kidd, Kobe, Lebron, Carmelo and Amare.Team USA are properly getting it done this year. After disappointing showings every year since the 2000 olympics, they've started off this tournament with 3 games, 3 wins, and an average victory margin of 52 points. The Canada game finished 113-63.Kobe and Kidd are the top-class on-court leadership the team's lacked for so long.. Lebron is getting stupidly good, and Carmelo is scoring like a beast. All them plus Stoudemire, that's a lot of ego and "Mr. Number 1" players which Jason Kidd is brilliantly keeping as a team that plays together, something only he and maybe Steve Nash could do. It's sick to watch, sh*t is like watching the original Dream Team in '92.

Who's playing for USA??
The roster for this FIBA Americas tournament is Jason Kidd, Deron Williams and Chauncey Billups (point guards), Dwight Howard, Amare Stoudemire and Tyson Chandler (big guys), and Kobe Bryant, Carmelo Anthony, Lebron James, Mike Miller, Tayshaun Prince and Michael Redd (shooters/scorcers/wing players)They are REALLY killing sh*t while playing Kidd, Kobe, Lebron, Carmelo and Amare.Team USA are properly getting it done this year. After disappointing showings every year since the 2000 olympics, they've started off this tournament with 3 games, 3 wins, and an average victory margin of 52 points. The Canada game finished 113-63.Kobe and Kidd are the top-class on-court leadership the team's lacked for so long.. Lebron is getting stupidly good, and Carmelo is scoring like a beast. All them plus Stoudemire, that's a lot of ego and "Mr. Number 1" players which Jason Kidd is brilliantly keeping as a team that plays together, something only he and maybe Steve Nash could do. It's sick to watch, sh*t is like watching the original Dream Team in '92.
Rah, thats some quality team. Deron Williams will be one of the best PGs soon enough, showed that against Spurs. Amare is going on sick as usual I see. Kidd still has after all these years, what a player. I need to start watching these matches. Your a Bulls fan too biggrin.gif How come Hinrich aint on the team? He could do a decent job stillSeason starts October right??

Hinrich withdrew from the squad to avoid burnout, coz these guys in the squad will probably not have a rest for the next three summers. And the Chicago team is coming of age in that period, where Luol Deng, Ben Gordon and Tyrus Thomas will mature, and begin to fulfil their potential. So it's gonna be more important than ever to have Hinrich on the floor, running the team, not getting injured early in the season coz he's burnt out from international competition.Yeah the season starts Oct 30th. Tomorrow night USA will be playing Brazil, the game will be at 1am in British time.

Hinrich withdrew from the squad to avoid burnout, coz these guys in the squad will probably not have a rest for the next three summers. And the Chicago team is coming of age in that period, where Luol Deng, Ben Gordon and Tyrus Thomas will mature, and begin to fulfil their potential. So it's gonna be more important than ever to have Hinrich on the floor, running the team, not getting injured early in the season coz he's burnt out from international competition.Yeah the season starts Oct 30th. Tomorrow night USA will be playing Brazil, the game will be at 1am in British time.
Thanks, will try to catch it. Thomas is a badman player, did you see that dunk of his?? Where he just brushed aside the defender and dunked it with both hands (cant remember who it was against). Big.

Thanks, will try to catch it. Thomas is a badman player, did you see that dunk of his?? Where he just brushed aside the defender and dunked it with both hands (cant remember who it was against). Big.
You basically just described every basket he ever made biggrin.gif Man doesn't shoot, he just beasts everybody in his path for dunks.Tyrus' actual game skills and IQ are lacking, he's more of a raw, unrefined talent. But he's been such an explosive impact player coz of his size and freakish athleticism. He's a force of nature when driving and dunking, or making big defensive stops... he just needs to fill in the rest of his game. And apparently he's been in the gym all summer, working on jump shots.. if he's going to keep up that dedication, his potential is scary.This is my favourite Tyrus highlight, from the playoffs first round vs Miami. He swats a big rejection on Walker and goes coast-to-coast for the alley-oop...