BOATENG SIGNS FOR SPURS

DisGustO

We are delighted to announce that we have signed Kevin-Prince Boateng from Hertha Berlin.A central midfielder, the 20-year-old arrives at the Lane having already played 42 games in Germanyââ¬â¢s Bundesliga, scoring four goals. He has also made six appearances in the UEFA Cup. Boateng progressed through the ranks at Hertha Berlin having initially played for the reserve team in the Regionalliga Nord, where he scored three goals in 18 games in the 2004-05 season aged just 17. Capped by Germany at youth and Under-21 level, Boateng was awarded the prestigious Fritz Walter Gold Medal Award after being voted Best Young Player in Germany in July, 2006 and went on to contribute 14 assists towards Hertha's goal tally last season. "For me it is amazing to be in England," reacted Kevin to his arrival. "To be in London and playing for Spurs will be great for me. It has been my ambition to play in England, I am 20 now and am about to quickly realise my dream. "I know that Spurs are a team who like to play offensive football. The club want to climb higher next season and I want to be a part of it. "I watched the Premier League regularly in Germany, it is the most famous league in the world and I have always enjoyed it." Martin Jol added that Kevin will bring strength and variety to his midfield options. "Kevin is a talented player who plays for the Under-21 side of his country," said the manager. "You could compare him with the likes of Aaron Lennon and Tom Huddlestone in that he is an exciting player for now and the future. "He is an attacking midfield player, very strong and that is one of his main assets. "In Germany he is regarded as one of the biggest talents, we recognised this and went in for him." http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/artic...nsforspurs.html

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All this fishing and bait business is getting out of hand. I hardly post on here coz of the sillyness that goes on. People wanna send at every opportunity then when they realise it was pathetic it turns into "bait"smh.Anyway hopefully he will add some steel to the midfield. He's meant to have a stinging shot on him aswell.

All this fishing and bait business is getting out of hand. I hardly post on here coz of the sillyness that goes on. People wanna send at every opportunity then when they realise it was pathetic it turns into "bait"smh.Anyway hopefully he will add some steel to the midfield. He's meant to have a stinging shot on him aswell.
Blade is setting up a Tottenham room soon enough. Even though there is only about 5 of us that post here.

Is this based on your extensive viewing of the Bundesliga last year? Or highlights of the Uefa cup?
If we re-signed Micheal Brown or Sean Davis or signed some unknown player from Siberia. Even they would be great replacements for Ghaly. Thats my point.
biggrin.gif

Don't tell me you can't take a little bit of banter.When we signed Eduardo these were some of the things said...

Wow, Arsenal sure showed Henry that they won't miss him with this signing.
Wow.Arsene is losing it. I think he wants to ruin Arsenal before he leaves for Barca. He's going to spend his whole transfer budget on average players.Its not looking good at all for you man.
I heard this at work and laughed.Remembered all the arsenal fans saying that they need to replace Henry with a WORLD CLASS striker, Eto'o was thrown around.....*sigh*But you sign a guy who was too sh*t to get in the Brazil team for more than Henry.*smh*
It's all minor as we'll see on the pitch next season. For now we can all take the piss out of each other's signings.

Don't tell me you can't take a little bit of banter.When we signed Eduardo these were some of the things said...
Wow, Arsenal sure showed Henry that they won't miss him with this signing.
Wow.Arsene is losing it. I think he wants to ruin Arsenal before he leaves for Barca. He's going to spend his whole transfer budget on average players.Its not looking good at all for you man.
I heard this at work and laughed.Remembered all the arsenal fans saying that they need to replace Henry with a WORLD CLASS striker, Eto'o was thrown around.....*sigh*But you sign a guy who was too sh*t to get in the Brazil team for more than Henry.*smh*
It's all minor as we'll see on the pitch next season. For now we can all take the piss out of each other's signings.
I beg you take the piss outta this guy when he knocks Lehmann out with one of them shots.And lol @ bringing up them Eduardo quotes. Fact remains, you signed some 2nd rate, fake Brazilian.

if this guy has a shot on him+can get some goals with it aswell as fit in with his physical strength thats 1 area i felt spurs needed 2 improve+haveso its a potential good signinghuddlestones more of a sitting deep player,zokora doesnt seem 2 have a goal threat or a willingness 2 attackjenas is box 2 box when he wants 2 b. then with this guy being attack minded etcthats a good set of central midfieldersnow its just a matter of which left midfielder they sign+how long til king is fully fit cz then i couldnt really c a weakness in their starting 11 (havent seen bale yet)