We're getting parred off still

Gray Fox

this is old news still, it crops up every now n then same old rip off britain stuff but nothing gets done.last yr the same bbc has a take on this.. comparing france, where you can get the whole sky type package, with HD (no box) and 24mb for the equiv of #32.00 while the same package here at that time with 8mb and the need to buy a HD box was #88.00 not including box. japan has speeds of 300mb, US has up 250 and i remember in germany back in 2000 when i went to see friends, they were talking about getting an upgrade to 4mb for their house. i keep hearing that the infrastructure is already in place in UK and can even handle up to terrabytes.. so BT needs to be investigated really.

i wonder if they put in the small print that u might not get the actual speed
They do, kinda. They put "up to XXmb broadband".The keywords = "Up to", which means "If you live inside of the main gateway"
Yeah they also put in small print "Speeds may vary due to distances from the exchange" stuff like that.

Guest Durrty Boi

certain countries have optical fibre, makin it faste, i think this year France are gonan be able to get close to 30mbnot even sure if the UK has thiseven cable is swag coz u have to share the connection, so if someone uses it bare others lose out

Guest Jack X Supreme
I'm on "up to 26MB" but only recieve 2MB. biggrin.gif.
if so, you are gettin robbed might aswell pay for the 4mb
Nah, 'coz then I'd have caps/throttling.Mine's unrestricted now.I only pay ã10, it's not like i'm forking out a pinky each month.

Guest Durrty Boi
north korea have it in gbs
not jus for broadband doethe lines are capable of those speeds so they can deliver multiple HD channels down the lines, plus telephone, plus broadband