Sign in to follow this  
Guest Randy Orton

Boxing is officially dead

Guest Randy Orton

Evander Holyfield will challenge Sultan Ibragimov for the WBO heavyweight title in Moscow on October 13Four-time heavyweight champion Holyfield, 44, has been given a chance to claim a fifth title after injury forced Ibragimov's original opponent - WBA champion Ruslan Chagaev - to withdraw from a unification bout."This is the first step on my quest to become the undisputed heavyweight champion of the world and I'm glad Sultan Ibragimov was willing to step up and give me a shot," said Holyfield.Health problemsHolyfield is currently on a four fight winning streak, including an impressive points success against Lou Savarese in June, but doubts remain about his health.After losing to Larry Donald in November 2004, Holyfield was suspended indefinitely by the New York Athletic Commission on medical grounds and did not fight for 21 months.Despite those concerns, Ibragimov is excited at the prospect of fighting Holyfield, a man he describes as a 'legend'."Of course I am disappointed that Chagaev pulled out of our fight and won't allow me to unify our titles, but fighting a legend like Evander Holyfield is even better," he said."And though I respect what he has done in his career, once the bell rings it will be all business, because he is trying to take what I have worked so hard for - my world championship."

retirement dont mean sh*t to these people no more.

Guest I.B.Blackman
To casual fans boxing is the heavyweight division
true

Guest al@x

boxing been dead for time thats why more people are going to ufc to watch

heavyweight has been dead 4 years no one is up thereno serious hungry killers

Last fight I saw Evander fight, he looked quite impressive.Hope he wins it, it would be so much jokes. I just hope he doesnt get hurt

To casual fans boxing is the heavyweight division
I would disagree with that statement. In 2005 though, yes.

HEAVYWIEGHT DIVISION IS DEADNOT BOXING SMH
True. Especially when you got fights like Hatton vs Mayweather & Cotto vs Mosley coming.