GTA Delayed :(

JJ

Take-Two has reduced its fiscal 2007 forecast as it opted to delay the release of Rockstar's Grand Theft Auto IV.The game was originally scheduled for October this year during Take-Two's fiscal 2007, but now the game will release during the publisher's fiscal 2008 Q2, ending April 2008.Take-Two offered few details on the reasoning for the change, simply saying the delay is "due to additional development time required to complete the title."CEO Ben Feder added in a statement, "Obviously, we are very disappointed to reduce guidance after having previously reaffirmed it. Other than a matter of timing, the movement of Grand Theft Auto IV does not compromise Take-Two in any way. We are in sound financial condition and have a great product line up. Grand Theft Auto IV is going to be the defining next generation video game action adventure."The upside is that this monster release will avoid other big holiday titles, namely Microsoft's Halo 3.GTA IV will release on Xbox 360 and PS3.In effect, Take-Two dropped its guidance for the fiscal year ending October 31, 2007. The firm expects revenue for the year to be in the range of $950 million to $1.0 billion and net loss per share of $1.25 to $1.35.For the third quarter ended July 31, 2007, Take-Two expects revenue in the range of $195 million to $205 million, with a net loss per share in the range of 65 cents to 70 cents.For the fourth quarter ending October 31, the firm anticipates net revenue in the range of $275 million to $300 million, with a net loss per share in the range of 5 cents to 10 cents.Rockstar founder Sam Houser stated, "The game is huge and is pushing the hardware platforms to their absolute limits. The top engineers from Sony and Microsoft are working closely with the team in Edinburgh right now, helping us to fully leverage the power of both platforms. As always, our goal is to surpass even the wildest expectations of the game's fans, and to create the ultimate high definition video game experience."Chairman Strauss Zelnick said, "With Grand Theft Auto IV, Rockstar is setting a new standard for next generation video games. Certain elements of development proved to be more time-intensive than expected, especially given the commitment for a simultaneous release on two very different platforms. We all recognize that perfecting the game is vital and I can assure everyone it will be worth the wait..."http://ir.take2games.com/ReleaseDetail.cfm?ReleaseID=258238

No biggy, I'll have plenty to play until it comes out.Halo 3Assasins CreedNeed for Speed: Pro StreetBurnout ParadiseCall of Duty 4: Modern WarfareFootball Manager 2008Guitar Hero 3Mercenaries 2: World in FlamesProject Gotham Racing 4Pro Evolution Soccer 7Rock BandWWE Smackdown vs. Raw: 2008360 = The best device on Earth

No biggy, I'll have plenty to play until it comes out.Halo 3Assasins CreedNeed for Speed: Pro StreetBurnout ParadiseCall of Duty 4: Modern WarfareFootball Manager 2008Guitar Hero 3Mercenaries 2: World in FlamesProject Gotham Racing 4Pro Evolution Soccer 7WWE Smackdown vs. Raw: 2008360 = The best device on Earth
THE LIST!!!!!!

No biggy, I'll have plenty to play until it comes out.Halo 3Assasins CreedNeed for Speed: Pro StreetBurnout ParadiseCall of Duty 4: Modern WarfareFootball Manager 2008Guitar Hero 3Mercenaries 2: World in FlamesProject Gotham Racing 4Pro Evolution Soccer 7Rock BandWWE Smackdown vs. Raw: 2008360 = The best device on Earth
lol i swear assassins creed is a ps3 exclusiveor is it a timed exclusive?

its not still didnt you watch E3

Guest haze-e
No biggy, I'll have plenty to play until it comes out.Halo 3Assasins CreedNeed for Speed: Pro StreetBurnout ParadiseCall of Duty 4: Modern WarfareFootball Manager 2008Guitar Hero 3Mercenaries 2: World in FlamesProject Gotham Racing 4Pro Evolution Soccer 7WWE Smackdown vs. Raw: 2008360 = The best device on Earth
THE LIST!!!!!!
Lookin sickle alie. I need to win this Poker tournament next week and ill be buying mine with f*cking online capabilities.

skeen i did but cant remember anything about assassins creed being on 360i wouldnt even mind if gta was delayed a few months but f*ckin 6 months thats a joke

Rockstar has delayed the release of Grand Theft Auto IV because it is struggling with development on the PlayStation 3, GamesIndustry.biz is reporting.And the Xbox 360 version of the game has suffered at least a six month delay as a result, due to contractual obligations that will have prevented the publisher from releasing the game first on Microsoft's machine, says the analyst.
Nice one Sony, f*ck it up for everyone with your offkey console.

Rockstar has delayed the release of Grand Theft Auto IV because it is struggling with development on the PlayStation 3, GamesIndustry.biz is reporting.And the Xbox 360 version of the game has suffered at least a six month delay as a result, due to contractual obligations that will have prevented the publisher from releasing the game first on Microsoft's machine, says the analyst.
Nice one Sony, f*ck it up for everyone with your offkey console.
fanboyif you searched researched a bit more before you made that statement, you'd have realised:a)its not just sony, rockstar are pissed off some xbox's dont have a hard drive , which requires them to compress data onto disc which is kind of complicated for a game like GTA. yeh thats old news , but nobody said the problem was fixed.b)rockstars mother company (take2) never said which console it was. they simply said they couldnt finish parts of the game as they have expected.c)both console's have problems and nobody knows what they specifically are.......and so doesnt that analyst.d)microsoft were the one who payed 50 mil for extra episodes, FACT: which makes it better than the ps3 version, why would they care if people bought the ps3 version when they have such a big install base and nearly everybody knows that the 360 version completes the whole gta experience. rockstar said so too.

skeen i did but cant remember anything about assassins creed being on 360i wouldnt even mind if gta was delayed a few months but f*ckin 6 months thats a joke
http://assassinscreed.uk.ubi.com/index.phpthe official site stilllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

MOTHER FUK FUK FUK FUK FUK FUKIN f*ckERSbeen waiting time for this game, ahhh well, Assassin's Creed will do me fine once it comes out, until then i need to find a new game though, ain't played xbox in time, want some sort of adventure game or something like that, had enough of all these first person shooter and sports games.

• 2 weeks later...