Ghaly - "F*** it, I'm following Mido"

DisGustO

Birmingham City have scrapped the transfer of Hossam Ghaly from Tottenham Hotspur. On Monday, the Premier League newcomers confirmed Ghaly had moved to St Andrews in a ã3million deal from Spurs. The Egyptian midfielder had agreed a three-year contract, with the move subject to a work permit being granted. But Blues have now revealed that the deal is off and that Ghaly will not be heading to the Midlands. A statement on the club's official website read: "Birmingham City Football Club can today confirm that they will not be proceeding with the transfer of Hossam Ghaly from Tottenham Hotspur due to footballing reasons." The decision to ditch a deal for Ghaly follows on from the failure to agree personal terms with Spurs team-mate, and fellow Egyptian, Mido. Birmingham were able to disclose some good news on Friday, though, following the twin signing of Liam Ridgewell and Franck Queudrue.http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_2639344,00.html

From a Birmingham supporter site -

"Hossam Ghaly came into training today and 'thought he was a big shot' (not my words) and started a fight with Fabrice Muamba where he ended up injuring the player, nothing serious. This then lead Radhi Jaidi and Medhi Nafti coming in to defend Fabrice Muamba and there was a massive fight.The Birmingham team is like 1 big family, everyone is close, everyone knows each other. Steve Bruce and assistant Manager Eric Black felt that this bust up from Ghaly would hurt the team's spirits and decided against the move."
Not surprised.

Heres what really happenedhttp://www.blues.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News...1084910,00.htmlBRUCE EXPLAINS GHALY EXITSteve Bruce booted Hossam Ghaly out of Blues after he ridiculed the ability of his new team-mates, writes Colin Tattum in the Birmingham Mail.The Blues boss confirmed today that Ghaly's unacceptable attitude during training at Wast Hills yesterday which culiminated in a huge row was behind his shock exit.Bruce was absolutely furious with Ghaly and received the full backing of the board and MD Karren Brady to send the £3 million midfielder packing back to Spurs.As Ghaly had done little physical work as transfer negotiations had rumbled on for five days, he was asked to do extra running and a one-on-one session with fitness coach Dan Harris.Ghaly started grumbling and at lunchtime Bruce checked a missed phonecall from his agent on his mobile."His agent left a message and said that he [Ghaly] wasn't happy with the standard of players here," revealed Bruce."I couldn't believe what I was hearing - and I've kept the message on my voicemail."When he had his one-to-one session with Dan, he was moaning we 'don't do this, don't do that' at Tottenham, it 'wasn't right' and 'ridiculous'."He had a right petted lip on."Yes, strong words were said and he was told in no uncertain terms that if he didn't like it, he should clear off."There's no way I'm going to have someone criticising the squad, especially when they are supposed to be their new team-mates."And I'm not having anyone upsetting the togetherness and spirit we have worked so hard to build up here."I've had this before with a former captain [Kenny Cunningham] complaining about all sorts and I'm not going to keep fighting things like that."Yes, we train our players hard and we expect them to put the work in."What we do here was good enough for a World Cup winner [Christophe Dugarry] and so was our club and players."Hossam Ghaly came from Tottenham's reserves and we were quite prepared to give him an opportunity to play regularly and establish himself."He had had the summer off and after reporting back hadn't trained properly for a couple of weeks or so as the transfer negotiations got going."For the previous four or five days he'd done nothing. He was way, way behind in his fitness."As Blues were waiting for a work permit for Ghaly, his transfer and contract had not been registered so they could pull out of the deal.lol

rofl tottenham dont runGhaly: I'll walk like an EgyptianHOSSAM GHALY has been booted out of Birmingham after refusing to RUN. The £3million midfielder was told to go back to Tottenham following a training ground bust-up.Brum boss Steve Bruce decided to toss Hoss back to Spurs after Ghaly objected to a morning of endurance running.The moaning Egyptian told coaching staff: âWe donât do running at Tottenham.â A club witness revealed: âSteve Bruce was so angry that he replied âyou mean Tottenham reserves?â.Then when unhappy Ghaly discovered that an afternoon repeat was also on the agenda, he announced that he did not do double sessions.Stunned Bruce immediately decided to call off the transfer which had still to be finalised because the player was waiting for a work permit.Ghaly, 25, had agreed a three-year £20,000-a-week contract earlier this week.Now he is back at White Hart Lane and facing a bleak future.Spurs fans turned against him in May after he threw down his shirt in anger at being substituted against Blackburn and he will not be a part of Martin Jolâs plans this season.Birmingham would only confirm: âWe will not be proceeding with the transfer of Hossam Ghaly for footballing reasons.âBut Tottenham are claiming that it is Ghaly who decided to pull the plug.They said: âWe can confirm that Hossam Ghaly has decided not to proceed with the transfer to Birmingham City.âGhaly, who arrived in London from Feyenoord on transfer deadline day in January last year, had been recruited by Bruce to replace Stephen Clemence, who has moved to Leicester. ALAN CURBISHLEY looks to swoop again for the Egyptian Bad boy.CURBISHLEY will go in for the signature to secure GHALY to be a West Ham United player with a £6million bid.Who they believe will be in the starting line up.Now the Brum boss is back on the look-out, although he had better news later as Liam Ridgewell and Franck Queudrue both completed their moves.Defender Ridgewell, 23, becomes the first Aston Villa player since 1984 to move to the blue half of the city.But he insisted: âI came to Birmingham to play football and the fact Iâve left Villa doesnât come into it.âI am looking forward to working with Steve. He is a good manager and he has done a lot in his career as a centre-half so thatâs a lot to look up to.âI think we should be in for a good season. The manager has invested in the squad and brought in quality players.âRidgewell cost £2.25m while defender Queudrue arrives in a £2m deal from Fulham with the fee possibly rising by another £500,000.The Frenchman has agreed a three-year deal with Birmingham.0,,2007352248,00.jpg