Why don't you think we'll win the title next season?

Buc Nasty

They have that killer touch and are very consistent. We need to kill off teams who are in the bottom half easy and not waste so many chances.Like I said we won't win it but we won't be 20 points off the top spot. 3rd place and a trophy. We are an improving side, we could've end up with 3rd last season but blew it on the last day for no real reason, and we eased to 4th without Henry for long periods of the season.

Because we have no depth on the wings.Not sure if we'll be able to defend crosses well enough.Question marks over all our strikers.Not ruthless.Flamini.

3rd place and a trophy. We are an improving side, we could've end up with 3rd last season but blew it on the last day for no real reason, and we eased to 4th without Henry for long periods of the season.

the teams above us(not liverpool) are very consistantwe will beat man u one week then lose to shef utd the next that cant be happeningour main prob last season was not scoring n almost no goals comming from midfeild our midfeild is pratically the same now so there aint no improvement there we cud win the titele if we steped up ina major way but thats very unlikely

Still can't see Fabregas, Hleb or Rosicky regularly chipping in with goals. Same with Denilson and Diaby when they play. At the top level you need goals coming from over the pitch especially the midfield. Every midfielder will probably not score more than 5 goals each a season which is terrible. Our midfielders aren't even good finishers.Even though we won both the Emirates Cup and Amsterdam Tournament, our play was disappointing for me. We created less chances when compared to last season and the few chances we had weren't taken as usual. Hleb still won't shoot, Eboue looks baffled half the time when playing right wing, Fabregas doesn't look fit and Eduardo has disappointed me so far.I'm on the verge of depression regarding our team or maybe I'm just noticing the negatives, I don't know.

well they were better then we were last yr. we have lost henry and aint really added wat we were missing last yr (midfielder who can shoot/will score)weve still sum of the swag players we shudda got rid ofwatched preseason. still no cutting edge minus rvp. hleb n rosicky drift out of games once dat happens wer f*ckedtoures decline looks like it will continue. pissedour only chance is bare luck. dat wont happen over a season

I don't understabnd how we don't have enough width, I mean, thats the most obvious thing isn't it. Especially playing at home, we've now got so much space and we need to capitalise on that.Its a bit frustrating...Beautiful football doesnt count for sh*t when we can't dig deep and are getting murked off by them premierships second rate sides...So what if we duppied off the top half of the table if the bottom half know how to exploit our weaknesses?Everyone has low expectations of us now. I mean people are talking about us battling with the scum for 4th!What a load of tosh...It feels like we don't really have players with real grit anymore.I hate that people think its cool to describe us as pansies...Our boys are clearly a team being built for future greatness but what are we doing in the meantime?Arsenal til I die but at times I can't help but feel despair.We need consistency, good teams, sh*t teams, we need to get results.

Guest Randy Orton

if i picked the arsenal side and gave the team talkswould lose max 2 matches..... biggrin.gifthink you guys need a bit of a change but only problem is that half your teams there for wenger and even some of your fans.....

Im more optimistic then most but I do think the whole team will have to play to there best to finish ahead of Utd & Chelsea. Im worried that last seasons problems still remain. We still seem to lack directness & we are still conceding goals from crosses. our midfielders still seem shot shy, Walcott is still scared to take on defenders 1 on 1 & we look like we'll be relying on RVP way to much. At the moment I would pick Bendtner ahead of Eduardo as his arieral presence looks a better assest then Eduardo's running.The Positives are: in the games against Inter & Ajax a draw seemed on the cards but we never gave up & won both games in the last 10 mins, both goals were down to individual brilliance something that 4-5 players in our starting 11 are capable of. Because were a young team the fitness levels are high & so is the enthusiasim (especially without henry making everyone feel like sh*t) so I think winning games with late goals will be a common occurance this year. We also haven't seen the best of Cesc yet & when he's on form we open teams up like cans of beans with pork sausages & with no Baptista to waste chances we should be hitting the target more often then not.

lol @ 'what do man u & chelsea have that we dont'man u+chelsea were ahead of us in every depertment last seasonn they r again but by even moresimple as that reallytoure+gallas,heart of r defence & have had no great time spent establishing an understandingrio+vidic..do i really need 2 say anythingterry+carvalho have played 2gether 4 quite a while,they work very well as they showed when terry came back from injury etcscorers in midfield,lampard+ronaldo reached way in 2 double figures,can we pretty much garuntee some1 2 do thati think we can set a challenging target @ best.strikers,reading the names on paper says enough.when i c those sides take the lead @ home i expect a winu never know with us,when balls get piled in 2 the box or r defensive 1/3 u just watch it rebound all over the placewith those sides away from home,u know they will turn up,compete & put 2gether quality moves with an end productagainst 2 many teams we do none of thati think the biggest factor is when we domin8 we can quite easily have no goals 2 show 4 it,i dont know 2 many times that this is the case 4 man u+chelseau can b optimistic but its not even like r team is set 1st 11 wisewe can still get 2 narrow+not change the way we play,the reluctancy 2 shoot is heart breaking sometimes& like it or not,we r relying on eduardo 2 do suttin big goal scoring wisecz like i said 2 ryan,if he scores less than adebayor,what do u think that will mean 4 us?

Guest bj penn

There is nothing Chelsea or Man United can do that Arsenal cannot .C.Ronaldo does all these flicks and tricks but at the end of the day that won't get you points , He will either score or assist a goal and why can't Eboue do that ? I'll tell you why , Its because people think he doesnt have all the fancy tricksAt the end of the day , alot of people will be eating there words TRUST ME

Ryan more or less said what I was thinking.Eduardo doesn't look all that and I dunno how Fabregas doesn't even look almost match fit at this moment in time.The main thing I saw from these two tournaments is the fact that we are even less penetrative than last season, which is quite a bad sign.

Guest bj penn

Stop with all the flashy terminology and your looking to deep into it .We won 2 cups already albeit friendlys but the games were far from friendly .Take for instance we beat a record breaking Inter Milan team who havent been on a break as long as most teams as there league finishes late , Which Man united failed to beat .Signs of a very good teamAjax were hardly push overs and Flam and Denilson at times carried the team

Ryan more or less said what I was thinking.Eduardo doesn't look all that and I dunno how Fabregas doesn't even look almost match fit at this moment in time.The main thing I saw from these two tournaments is the fact that we are even less penetrative than last season, which is quite a bad sign.
Our first choice Midfield haven't even played together for the whole pre-season & Wenger has mostly experimented so far with Gibbs, Traore, Clichy & Eboue all playing on the wings at some point. So thinking about it we shouldn't be to concerned at the moment.I think What we saw in pre-season is Wenger working on a plan B Plan A: Hleb, Cesc, Gilberto & Rosicky playing fluid interchanging football through the middle with the Fullbacks providing width.Plan B: All out wing attack, Traore, Bendtner & Sagna coming on & pushing Eboue & Clichy further up to bomb down the wings, whipping in crosses for Bendtner & whoever to attack the opposition box.

lol @ 'what do man u & chelsea have that we dont'man u+chelsea were ahead of us in every depertment last seasonn they r again but by even moresimple as that really
Not in the games amongst us they weren't. I think you've forgotten us going to old trafford and playing them off the park so much that one of thier players of the season (scholes) had to get subbed, we ended winning that game whilst missing a pen.Return game both teams played well but we came back and took the 3pts, nothing from that game showed if any team was better than the other.For Chelsea again you're forgetting the game at the bridge when we had a defence consisting of Eboue, Djourou, Senderos & Clichy against the Drogba's and Shevchenko's they could throw at us. Again we took the lead and only did they come back due to great shock goal from essien. Look who was missing in that game, Gallas, Toure, Henry Rosicky. Don't tell me they're not starters.As for the Carling cup I respect Wenger's decision to play the side he did and we came close to winning the thing. Whilst the had all these world internationals against a bunch of fringe and youngsters, they were hardly convincing.Won't even mention what we did to liverpool last season.
toure+gallas,heart of r defence & have had no great time spent establishing an understandingrio+vidic..do i really need 2 say anythingterry+carvalho have played 2gether 4 quite a while,they work very well as they showed when terry came back from injury etc
You said the problem with Gallas and Toure, they had no great time establishing an understanding.Vidic isn't better than either Gallas or toure, he only looked good because of Rio.
scorers in midfield,lampard+ronaldo reached way in 2 double figures,can we pretty much garuntee some1 2 do thati think we can set a challenging target @ best.
That's our problem lack of goals from midfield, won't argue with that. Though Gilberto did have a great scoring season last, you might say it's down to the pens but isn't it Ronaldo and Lampard, who you mentioned that take their teams pens...
strikers,reading the names on paper says enough.
Honestly I don't think Shevchenko struck fear into anyone last season, Drogba is world class and Rooney is good but look at what RVP achieved in his limited time last season.
when i c those sides take the lead @ home i expect a winu never know with us,when balls get piled in 2 the box or r defensive 1/3 u just watch it rebound all over the placewith those sides away from home,u know they will turn up,compete & put 2gether quality moves with an end productagainst 2 many teams we do none of that
Another problem but I really think we'll improve at the aspect in our game, against Ajax and maybe even the Lazio the game which were no easy games who are better than the blackburns, boltons that we struggled against, we handled ourselves well and got a result away from home. If you can see improvement then I don't know what the f*ck I can do+ We had Craptista in our attack biggrin.gif, friggin touch of a blind rapist who did cost us 3rd spot with that missed pen. Still for assurance I suggest you watch Our game against Blackburn at home last season.
i think the biggest factor is when we domin8 we can quite easily have no goals 2 show 4 it,i dont know 2 many times that this is the case 4 man u+chelsea
Well hopefully we'll have RVP for the whole season aswell as Eduardo whos goal record speaks for itself.

Stop with all the flashy terminology and your looking to deep into it .We won 2 cups already albeit friendlys but the games were far from friendly .Take for instance we beat a record breaking Inter Milan team who havent been on a break as long as most teams as there league finishes late , Which Man united failed to beat .Signs of a very good teamAjax were hardly push overs and Flam and Denilson at times carried the team
this topic is just some ppl seein the glass half full. ur being optimistic cos ur hoping we can do sumthin just be real for a minaston villa BATTERED inter just the other day and it was a stronger inter side then we played so....weve got no penetration. walcott is not a winger neither is hleb or rosicky. ders no penetration moretime wer're just passin it on the edge of the opponents boxonly positive i can see is that team spirit seems 2X higher this season

*rolls up invisible sleeves*

lol @ 'what do man u & chelsea have that we dont'man u+chelsea were ahead of us in every depertment last seasonn they r again but by even moresimple as that really
Not in the games amongst us they weren't. I think you've forgotten us going to old trafford and playing them off the park so much that one of thier players of the season (scholes) had to get subbed, we ended winning that game whilst missing a pen.Return game both teams played well but we came back and took the 3pts, nothing from that game showed if any team was better than the other.For Chelsea again you're forgetting the game at the bridge when we had a defence consisting of Eboue, Djourou, Senderos & Clichy against the Drogba's and Shevchenko's they could throw at us. Again we took the lead and only did they come back due to great shock goal from essien. Look who was missing in that game, Gallas, Toure, Henry Rosicky. Don't tell me they're not starters.As for the Carling cup I respect Wenger's decision to play the side he did and we came close to winning the thing. Whilst the had all these world internationals against a bunch of fringe and youngsters, they were hardly convincing.Won't even mention what we did to liverpool last season.i was well aware of all of that when i wrote that,were u aware the season was over 38 games & not the ocassions vs the top 3? doing it vs them is nice,but as man u showed,u dont even need 2 beat ur rivals 2tuff 2 win the prem.2 draws vs chelsea,2 losses vs us,the double over liverpool..lets say they lost those 2 vs liverpool,MATHEMATICALLY they still wouldve won the league on goal difference..
toure+gallas,heart of r defence & have had no great time spent establishing an understandingrio+vidic..do i really need 2 say anythingterry+carvalho have played 2gether 4 quite a while,they work very well as they showed when terry came back from injury etc
You said the problem with Gallas and Toure, they had no great time establishing an understanding.Vidic isn't better than either Gallas or toure, he only looked good because of Rio.now tell me,where r they getting the great time 2 build an understanding ready 4 the opening day vs fulham?not 2 mention a NEW addition in sagna 2 the RB slot it seems he may start there.the other defences have that understanding firmly built,even liverpools. so while they r continuing what has become normal 4 them,we r TRYING 2 build an understanding,i think its fair 2 say it wont happen str8 away as we have seen in pre season..MISTAKE by TOURE vs inter early on,he sliced a clearance in r penalty areaGALLAS looked edgy in some of the pre seasons games aswell,up until inter.SAGNA showed eboue like lapse of concentration letting his man in on the blind side 2 oftenwe got away with it on these ocassions,MORE TIME u dont in the prem,as we KNOW
scorers in midfield,lampard+ronaldo reached way in 2 double figures,can we pretty much garuntee some1 2 do thati think we can set a challenging target @ best.
That's our problem lack of goals from midfield, won't argue with that. Though Gilberto did have a great scoring season last, you might say it's down to the pens but isn't it Ronaldo and Lampard, who you mentioned that take their teams pens...i cant b bothered 2 check the stats 4 how many pens ronaldo scored but i reckon if we said he scored around half his prem goals from the spot & deducted them he STILL would have more than gilberto did INCLUDING HIS PENS. lampard probably had a poor season infront of goal overall,but STILL exceeded a GILBERTO who had his MOST PROLIFIC infront of goal....ballack+carrick came with their fair share of goals 2,and again a supposedly poor ballack outscoring r player of the season fabregas..
strikers,reading the names on paper says enough.
Honestly I don't think Shevchenko struck fear into anyone last season, Drogba is world class and Rooney is good but look at what RVP achieved in his limited time last season.r u confident that ANY of r 2 select strikers would score as many as drogba+shevchenko did last season in the prem?can u c shevchenko having as offkey a season again infront of goal?chelsea also have pizzaro as another optionRVP is only gunna do so much+he isnt prolific sometimes hes 2 cute infront of goal,i couldnt c him getting 30 prem goals or high 20s like we expected of henry after a while.we have lost those goals+do not appear 2 have replaced themrooney is expanding his goal pedigree by the season+with tevez being added theres so much more creativeity 2 go with it,they will set up each other 4 fun. & when he comes back saha is 10-15 goals if he can stay fitout of all the strikers between the clubs,we have the worst finisher in ADEBAYOR+we dont have 1 of the most prolific in RVP. u say eduardo has a good record but what does shevchenko have? uve already commented on him last season so...
when i c those sides take the lead @ home i expect a winu never know with us,when balls get piled in 2 the box or r defensive 1/3 u just watch it rebound all over the placewith those sides away from home,u know they will turn up,compete & put 2gether quality moves with an end productagainst 2 many teams we do none of that
Another problem but I really think we'll improve at the aspect in our game, against Ajax and maybe even the Lazio the game which were no easy games who are better than the blackburns, boltons that we struggled against, we handled ourselves well and got a result away from home. If you can see improvement then I don't know what the f*ck I can do+ We had Craptista in our attack biggrin.gif, friggin touch of a blind rapist who did cost us 3rd spot with that missed pen. Still for assurance I suggest you watch Our game against Blackburn at home last season.i remember 1 telling cross vs ajax,huntelaar won the header in 2 much space,toure was a good few yards behind,it hit the bar,thats 2 close 4 comfort. ajax r not even the type of them 2 exploit an aerial weakness. the blackburns,boltons etc r,they will from the 1st minute til the last. thats heaps loads more pressure,if we come that close 2 conceeding 1 then boy...but lets say we do improve on that,we wont magically turn up 2 games n start seeing every1 dominating their marker 4 the header,we wont c lehmann come out 4 a cross+fail 2 fumble9/10 like a petr cech. when arsenal get cagey @ the back,nobody seems 2 b able 2 steady the ship.
i think the biggest factor is when we domin8 we can quite easily have no goals 2 show 4 it,i dont know 2 many times that this is the case 4 man u+chelsea
Well hopefully we'll have RVP for the whole season aswell as Eduardo whos goal record speaks for itself.
we had RVP in the majority of r last 4 games. we scored some l8 goals.we did it last year so we r obviously capable of that but u cant rely on that,u cant keep doing that. but chelsea+man u do it also just less frequently cz they dont need 2.we lost 2 salzburg,we were the only 1s who looked like scoring. i remember a few of us saying same old sh*t from last year..that problem IS still there.also, if RVP got injured 4 a while all optimism WOULD go. we r heavily relying on him,whilst being optimistic.who r chelsea+man u HEAVILY RELYING ON WHILE BEING OPTIMISTIC?OR EVEN JUST HEAVILY RELYING ON?im not even tryna burst no bubbles or seem anti-arsenal,i havent said where i think we will finish since the sale of henry..EDIT-I HAVENT SLEPT IN OVER 28HOURS