Summertime Mix (4 CD)

Superstition

In celebration of the sunshine finally arriving (for one weekend @ least) I made a bumper mix of summer songs as a soundtrack to a barbecue.The heat and the weekend's good food has put me in a good mood, so I'm upping it for anyone who wants to indulge. I listen to all kinds of genres, and this is mainly hip-hop, soul and jazz, along with some grime, rock and reggae. So give some of it an open-minded listen if it intrigues you. Some tunes are bait and others are lesser-known, the only criteria was that they have that summer vibe.Four discs worth of all kinds of good music, which you can vibe to while lounging out in the sunshine with a cold beer and a fattie. I tried to arranged them in a way which makes some sense musically and has some continuity. Mods - I'd appreciate if this didnt get moved over to a music room, this is for all the people, and not many people check them rooms biggrin.gif

Disc Onesendspace.com/file/jpj1hh1. Jazzy Jeff & the Fresh Prince - Summertime2. Slick Rick - Hey Young World3. Masta Ace - Beautiful4. Doc Brown - Decisions, Decisions5. Foreign Exchange - Be Alright (Remix)6. Camp Lo - Sparkle7. Wiley & Dom P - Be Yourself8. Jay-Z - Dear Summer9. Masta Ace - INC Ride10. Little Brother - Whatever You Say (Remix)11. Ice Cube - It Was A Good Day (Remix)12. Wordsworth - Freestyle in Holland13. Cunninlynguists & Masta Ace - Seasons14. Roll Deep - I Remember Them Days15. Camp Lo & Tyler Woods - Gotcha16. Roscoe - Smooth Sailing17. Doc Brown - On My Ends18. Naughty By Nature - Feel Me Flow

Disc Twosendspace.com/file/4gs1ed1. Ty - Ha Ha2. Ras Kass - Hot Game3. Sway - Month In The Summer4. Slick Rick - Sittin In My Car5. Big L - MVP (Premo Remix)6. Erykah Badu - On & On7. Devin The Dude - Doobie Ashtray8. Jaheim - Fabulous9. Goapele - Closer10. Isley Brothers - Summer Breeze11. Alicia Keys & Lyfe Jennings - People Get Ready12. John Legend - Each Day Gets Better13. Stevie Wonder - Golden Lady14. Al Green - Let's Stay Together15. Gil Scott Heron - I Think I'll Call It Morning16. Prince - Strollin17. Grover Washington Jr - Soulful Strut
Disc 3 and 4 coming soon

spuds for the effort still and actually wanting to share it.I'll dl and have a listen stillbut ill be honest i cant see a cd with that many different genres working.

shudve put marques houston - clubbin on 1 of em
I thought about flinging songs like this on, the "summer anthems" (songs that were big during certain summers). But instead I decided to focus on tunes that have an aesthetic and vibe which feels like summer.Anyways here's the 3rd cd - this will probably be the least accessible disc to heads on here, it's mainly jazz, but I recommend it if people wanna expand their horizons a lil bit.
Disc Threesendspace.com/file/2y44r71. Van Hunt - What Can I Say2. Najee - Summer Soft3. Peter White - Caravan of Dreams4. George Duke - Brazilian Love Affair5. Stan Getz & Astrud Gilberto - Girl From Ipanema6. Miles Davis & Gil Evans - Summertime7. Grant Green - Idle Moments8. Quincy Jones - Summer In The City9. Stanley Turrentine - Don't Worry Bout A Thing10. Grover Washington Jr - Play That Groove For Me11. Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong - Summertime12. The Kinks - Sunny Afternoon13. Lovin Spoonful - Summer In The City14. Bob Dylan - Isis

Disc Foursendspace.com/file/btt4n11. Sly & The Family Stone - Family Affair2. Sting - Fields Of Gold3. Jose Gonzales - Heartbeats4. Lebo M - Lala5. Michael Jackson - Got To Be There6. Nina Simone - Ain't Got No7. Earth, Wind & Fire - Brazilian Rhyme8. Stevie Wonder - Boogie On Reggae Woman9. Tubby T - Ready She Ready10. Ini Kamoze - World-A-Music11. Lutan Fiyah & Josie Mel - Rasta Still Deh Bout12. Sizzla - Live And Do Right13. Dennis Brown - Ain't That Loving You14. Freddie McGregor - Sweet Lady15. Bob Marley - One Drop16. Peter Tosh - Here Comes The Sun
Thus concludes the summer mix. Enjoy

LOL @ DOC BROWN - DECISIONS DECISIONS BEING ON DISC 1THATS WINTER COLD RAINY SEASON MUSIC
Yeah the verses are pretty melancholy. But that beat gives me the warm, summer feeling man. I reckon that dichotomy what he was getting at, the dark times being a bridge toward happiness. Given that I couldn't really vibe with it on a rainy winter night, but I can chill in the sunshine and really feel it - sad tales but it's a hopeful song about living your life well, achieving your goals, being happy with yourself and your direction. But I can see the other p.o.v.Removal, this is just made up of what was on my laptop and MP3 this weekend.. there are plenty omissions (admittedly Roy Ayers is a glaring one). And now that I look @ it, i'm baffled how I forgot to put some Jimmy Cliff on there too. But if you dont like it make your own mix bitch biggrin.gif

Guest luckstar
LOL @ DOC BROWN - DECISIONS DECISIONS BEING ON DISC 1THATS WINTER COLD RAINY SEASON MUSIC
Yeah the verses are pretty melancholy. But that beat gives me the warm, summer feeling man. I reckon that dichotomy what he was getting at, the dark times being a bridge toward happiness. Given that I couldn't really vibe with it on a rainy winter night, but I can chill in the sunshine and really feel it - sad tales but it's a hopeful song about living your life well, achieving your goals, being happy with yourself and your direction. But I can see the other p.o.v.Removal, this is just made up of what was on my laptop and MP3 this weekend.. there are plenty omissions (admittedly Roy Ayers is a glaring one). And now that I look @ it, i'm baffled how I forgot to put some Jimmy Cliff on there too. But if you dont like it make your own mix bitch biggrin.gif
JOKAJIMMY CLIFF - MANY RIVERS 2 CROSS ... THATS ON THE SUICIDE MIX COMING THIS DECEMBER ? THAT HAS NO BUSINESS ON A SUMMER TIME MIXBUT I;L MAKE MY OWN 1 WITH SOME OF THESE TRACKS

JOKAJIMMY CLIFF - MANY RIVERS 2 CROSS ... THATS ON THE SUICIDE MIX COMING THIS DECEMBER ? THAT HAS NO BUSINESS ON A SUMMER TIME MIXBUT I;L MAKE MY OWN 1 WITH SOME OF THESE TRACKS
lol that's not Jimmy Cliff's only song bruv. I was thinking of some of:Wonderful World, Beautiful PeopleHello SunshineReggae NightsI Can See Clearly NowSunshine In The MusicThe Harder They Comeetc etcHe basically spent his career makin these type tracks