FAO Service Industry Workers

Accra

How do you react if a customer kicks off about something unjustified? Are you patient enough to accept abuse and politely explain yourself? Would you throw abuse back? Would you ever get in a fight with a customer at work?Some prick tried hyping at me today coz I gave him 5 £1 coins as we didn't have any £5 notes. He was actually getting mad and got rude. I got rude back and would have happily punched him up if he'd continued. I definitely would have got fired as well and now I'm glad it didn't end in a fight.Would you have fought? Which wins the battle in you, pride or logic?

Guest Durrty Boi

lmaoi dnt work, but i deffo wouldnt get madgotta keep it profesh n make them feel like the idiots for kickin off in the first place, no point goin 2 their level

My boss is great if I punched someone she would be on my side.The reason being I deal with the customers sometimes but usually work on their website in the office and one guy was being racist to them so I came down and dashed the man out.So to answer your question I would try and keep calm but there is a limit before I get mad and stomp on his head.

my 1st job in cold calling telesales.1 guy went sick for about 5 mins complaining about why wont we leave him alone. i dont want your products. i have family to look after reh reh. at the end i just said sorry can you repeat that. he started talking again and i hung up.next day i got a formal warning.

In most working situations you cme accross unreasonable people. Its all about being diplomatic.
real talkHOWEVER i tend to just tell them about them self as thats the way MOST people are in THAT kind of work environment reason being work like that is a dime a dozenits like sending a multisend face pic chat up line to 30 chicks ya bound to get atleast ONEsame with these jobs have ya cv and send it to 30 companies you WILL have a job in a week so with that knowledge i care not about being diplomatic disclaimer - if your in a job like this that is ya ONLY source of income and you dont have a plan b or aint prepared to be unemployed for a while maybe its best you DONT take the above attitude

At my work I know one manager would back me but she's not the top manager so her opinion means nothing. They don't support staff. One guy got a drink thrown over him coz they claimed he gave them the wrong change. They then got refunds for their drinks instead of just being thrown out. One guy got told he was gonna get stabbed up after work so he left early and the guys were allowed to stay drink and were actually the last ones to leave.I feel like if I'm not protected by my work, I may as well go mad on the person. If I just my sly and wind them up it's only gonna come back on me when they manage to get at me and then get rewarded for it by the management.

I told a customer to f*ck himself after he called me a d*ckhead or something... His wife was like, "you cant talk to customers like that", and i was like "I can do what the f*ck i like if he calls me a d*ckhead" and she was like "Oh he called you d*ckhead.. my bad" and shut up..I was still kinda drunk from the night before and was in a very bad mood... Thats the worst though i'm generally quite calm coz i enjoy winding people up

i hate it when customers assume you're below them cos you work in retail.smh at people who try beckon me over by clicking their fingers.smh at people who drop stuff on the floor and instead of bending down to pick it up, just look at me.

i hate it when customers assume you're below them cos you work in retail.smh at people who try beckon me over by clicking their fingers.smh at people who drop stuff on the floor and instead of bending down to pick it up, just look at me.
lol them onessame goes with the ones who say sh*t like oi an when they say hello like i know they are talkin to me when there backs are turnedthere was one time i was serving a lady an she had quite a few items...she had paid an that but was just packin her stuff an the woman next in line just had one thing but i didnt wana scan it so it didnt get mixed up with the next customers stuffshe tried telling me to scan the item i was like im waiting for his lady to finishshes like its only one thing just scanthis pissed me off an i was like dont tell me how to do my jobnext thing she starts hyping an im telling her to f*ck off out the shop another thing about retail is the bullshit about you cant hit thiefs without it being self defensewtf if they stealing something i should be able to use any way possible to get it back

yh amount of ppl i nearly knocked out in Topshop was a jokelike im sum run around asking 4 size 10 when me u and ur belly both no its not that timenearly knocked out my manager 2so i dont think il survive in a job unless its my true passion like working with kidsbut then agen il knock out a kid aswell

How do you react if a customer kicks off about something unjustified? Are you patient enough to accept abuse and politely explain yourself? Would you throw abuse back? Would you ever get in a fight with a customer at work?Some prick tried hyping at me today coz I gave him 5 £1 coins as we didn't have any £5 notes. He was actually getting mad and got rude. I got rude back and would have happily punched him up if he'd continued. I definitely would have got fired as well and now I'm glad it didn't end in a fight.Would you have fought? Which wins the battle in you, pride or logic?
I have been in a similar situation before, and I lost my temper..which got me into a bit of trouble, but then the management understood my situation..so they were on my sidething is, the managers tell you "show good service, even if a customer is being rude to you", but its hard to keep your cool....at the end of the day, you dont want to feel shame in front of loads of customers staring at you.I cant show good service when a customer is trying to make me feel shame or trying to create a scene, I have to argue bk, so that good friendly service smile quickly disappears when a customer tries a ting

Why would you wana hit a thief for stealing from the shop you work at? Do you own it?Seriously.. Its not that!I mean you could get shanked or beat down jus for tryna stop a man from lifting a pair of air forces, it aint worth it.
its a pride thinggetting taken for a mug is not the lick either

Why would you wana hit a thief for stealing from the shop you work at? Do you own it?Seriously.. Its not that!I mean you could get shanked or beat down jus for tryna stop a man from lifting a pair of air forces, it aint worth it.
exactly,i still got beef with my old security guard over this stupidness, he wanted me to jump in and catch 2 thieves, i said no and just let them get away...he tried to be hero battling the 2 thieves...got chiefed up...i think one of them drew out a blade....and started blaming for letting them get awayWe aint spoke to each other till this day...we u used to chat all the time still...it aint my job, so why am i risking my life

its a pride thinggetting taken for a mug is not the lick either
L M F A O about pride ting.How is some guy or guys stealing from a shop that u work for gonna hurt yr pride, they aint stealing from you.Next time you see some heads tryna steal from a stock room or run off wid some shirts, you go jump in like superman.Must think u gona get a pay rise or suttin, for act of bravery.