FAO Service Industry Workers

Accra

i hate it when customers assume you're below them cos you work in retail.smh at people who try beckon me over by clicking their fingers.smh at people who drop stuff on the floor and instead of bending down to pick it up, just look at me.
Used to hate that, took man forbensonlogo.jpgSome people are too rude. I'm polite in shops cos I know how they feel, I'm even more polite in places where they sell food.

I have worked in retail and do currently. Even before I got a job I was nice to assistants but some just take the piss.As far as I'm concerned I could be about to drop 5 bills plus so they better make my shopping experience a good one.I expect to be greeted when I enter the shop. I expect to be asked if I need anything particular or if I need any help.Some people need to remember that they're only getting paid £5ph regardless of if they work in Harrods, Selfridges, anywhere.Please don't try and chuck it. Not cool.

Why would you wana hit a thief for stealing from the shop you work at? Do you own it?Seriously.. Its not that!I mean you could get shanked or beat down jus for tryna stop a man from lifting a pair of air forces, it aint worth it.
its a pride thinggetting taken for a mug is not the lick either
L M F A O about pride ting.How is some guy or guys stealing from a shop that u work for gonna hurt yr pride, they aint stealing from you.Next time you see some heads tryna steal from a stock room or run off wid some shirts, you go jump in like superman.Must think u gona get a pay rise or suttin, for act of bravery.
nah its not got anything to do with bravery or pay risewhen people see they can get away with stuff they will do it again an again

I see what Macz is saying about the theft thing. Like when people try to chief me at the bar complaining there's somethiing wrong with their drink when it's bait there isn't. I'll argue with them coz I know they're trying it but at the end of the day, giving them a replacement is no skin off my nose.

I see what Macz is saying about the theft thing. Like when people try to chief me at the bar complaining there's somethiing wrong with their drink when it's bait there isn't. I'll argue with them coz I know they're trying it but at the end of the day, giving them a replacement is no skin off my nose.
its the principlemy lil sis works in a bar and she tells me sum of the dumb things people do to try get extra drinks or refunds etc

this defo aint the one its very had for me to stay calm most of the timei just end up being quite for a while then just going LOOK RIGHT then point out exactly why there an idiotits not much worse wen u get people in the shop that cant speak english

Customers annoy me man.....why you gonna moan if Im askin you for your DRIVING LICENCE DETAILS when your calling fro CAR INSURANCE???One man must have tried to start today cos his occupation wasnt listed on our system I asked him if he went by any other job title and he was like:him: "I told you what it is"me: "I already told you we dont have it on the system"him: "Are you going to do the quote or not?"me: "I will when you give me an alternative name for your job"him: *speaks random language*me: *hang up*And I hate it when some customers switch up as soon as you tell them the price and try to chuck it....."You arent competitve are you?""Me personally? No. Im not a relly competitve person.... If you meant to say *CAR INSURANCE COMPANY* isnt competitive then i do apologise that we werent able to beat what youve been quoted elsewhere. Bye"I have no time for the general public.

the best thing about being sh*t at ur cust service job is that... jus cos you're a tesco supervisor or assistant today..doesnt mean that you're not gonna be a dixons, argos, british airways, BT, Sky, credit card, petrol station etc CUSTOMER tomorrow. so the cycle is usually returned to you. since some of u are so happy about being useless.

Some people need to remember that they're only getting paid £5ph regardless of if they work in Harrods, Selfridges, anywhere.Please don't try and chuck it. Not cool.
biggrin.gif The prestige of working in certain department stores sends people dizzy. Like say they believe they are a member of the upper crust now.At the end of the day you're still going back to the same type of house as someone who works in Lidl or Primark full time.

im always polite, i try to act sincere and usually the customer is right 99 percent of the time in my case, as i work with a bunch of fobs, iv lost it once though, were the customer is sayin shits expensive and he starts gettin aggy on the phone like i can't believe this price and i just said well f*ck off then don't order you f*ckin c*nt and i hung up on him, i let it all out lol

generally the whole customer service industry in london is crap. unless you're spending a lot of money, and even then you're not guaranteed good service. more to do with the culture i think.
This is what I'm saying.M12, joke ting is people in lidl get paid like £7.50 ph hour.Some people need to know their role.

when working retail i found the best way to deal with it was to just act really sarcastic to the customer. This usually gets them even more vexed while you remain calm. This way you make them look dumb and irrational to everyone else.
Exactly.
what i use to do when i worked in sports world