HOUSE PRICE INCREASEMENT

lolguy4

Goddaz get ur second yard now fam, b4 the increase. llow getting a whip for the time being-----------------House prices are set to soar by 40 per cent over the next five years, according to a report.(Advertisement)The National Housing Federation said the average home will be worth £300,000 by 2012.The group warned that the price of the average home in England was now £206,594, nearly 11 times average earnings, with prices pushed up as supply continued to drop even further behind demand.But despite the fact that owning a home is increasingly being pushed out of reach of first-time buyers, the NHF said a house price crash was unlikely to happen.It added that house prices had risen by 156 per cent since labour came to power in 1997, but during the same period average incomes had gone up by just 35 per cent.Research carried out for the group by Oxford Economics found that by 2012 the average cost of a home in London will have soared from its current level of £318,864 to £478,300.In the South East, the average property will cost £392,900, while in the East they will have reached £340,200.Even traditionally cheaper regions such as the North West and Yorkshire and Humberside will have average house prices of more than £200,000, while homes will cost just below this level in the North East at an average of £187,200.It said that in Kensington & Chelsea and South Buckinghamshire, house prices were already more than 20 times local average incomes, and there are now only seven areas across England where the cheapest homes cost less than four times average local earnings.Unsurprisingly, it found that social housing waiting lists grew by 57 per cent during the past five years to 1.6 million households, the equivalent of around four million people.The group said its study reinforced the need for the Government to act on its recent pledge to build an additional three million homes by 2020.Federation Chief Executive David Orr said: "Our report shows that continuing house price rises and the resulting housing crisis are set to stay with us for a long time."Our projections show that house prices will break the £300,000 barrier by 2012. Home owners may see this as good news, but it carries a sting in the tail."A growing number of parents will find themselves subsidising their sons' and daughters' mortgages. And, across the country, more and more people are going to find themselves priced out of the property market - and struggling to find a decent home."

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

pissed. im only just going in to uni now.by the time i come out my pants will officially be round my ankles.Allow my sh*t parents who can barely afford to look after themselves let alone plan for my future.

this really is irritating though.Most of my mates who have bought to let have down so through parental help. My parents won't help me out and to be honest i wouldn't want them too (don't want to burden them). I'm still mega pissed on a Godzilla level though.

f*ck that. Not matter how much i save it won't be enough.I'm off to a next country.
You know what I am thinking the same.It's f*cking ridiculous, ain't no one gonna have the opportunity to buy a house in a decent neighbourhood, only them rich bastards.After my degree is done and I have a bit of experience I am thinking of going to canada or the states to work.I am seriously mulling this over.At this rate my only hope of getting a house in London is if my uncle kicks the bucket and decides to leave me one of his house to me in his will.

Goddaz get ur second yard now fam, b4 the increase. llow getting a whip for the time being-----------------House prices are set to soar by 40 per cent over the next five years, according to a report.(Advertisement)The National Housing Federation said the average home will be worth £300,000 by 2012.The group warned that the price of the average home in England was now £206,594, nearly 11 times average earnings, with prices pushed up as supply continued to drop even further behind demand.But despite the fact that owning a home is increasingly being pushed out of reach of first-time buyers, the NHF said a house price crash was unlikely to happen.It added that house prices had risen by 156 per cent since labour came to power in 1997, but during the same period average incomes had gone up by just 35 per cent.Research carried out for the group by Oxford Economics found that by 2012 the average cost of a home in London will have soared from its current level of £318,864 to £478,300.In the South East, the average property will cost £392,900, while in the East they will have reached £340,200.Even traditionally cheaper regions such as the North West and Yorkshire and Humberside will have average house prices of more than £200,000, while homes will cost just below this level in the North East at an average of £187,200.It said that in Kensington & Chelsea and South Buckinghamshire, house prices were already more than 20 times local average incomes, and there are now only seven areas across England where the cheapest homes cost less than four times average local earnings.Unsurprisingly, it found that social housing waiting lists grew by 57 per cent during the past five years to 1.6 million households, the equivalent of around four million people.The group said its study reinforced the need for the Government to act on its recent pledge to build an additional three million homes by 2020.Federation Chief Executive David Orr said: "Our report shows that continuing house price rises and the resulting housing crisis are set to stay with us for a long time."Our projections show that house prices will break the £300,000 barrier by 2012. Home owners may see this as good news, but it carries a sting in the tail."A growing number of parents will find themselves subsidising their sons' and daughters' mortgages. And, across the country, more and more people are going to find themselves priced out of the property market - and struggling to find a decent home."
I've been reading these statistics too.My MIND is over flowing with NUMBERS RIGHT NOW FAM.I've looked at sooooooooo many & compared so many mortgages with my IFA that I JUST NEED TO make a decision my the 9th August.f*ck THE CAR, its not a asset. Nor is a yard but I'll make it a asset by renting it out & add abit on top. Only to proffessionals/companies who's money is straight.

thats why I'm saying get your houses now. If you've been renting long enough the council even give you a leg up.
Yeah, not really much help to those renting privately lol
can you imagine the shortfall of this when people like ashman and ceazy BUY AND OWN their coucil place cos they had one as they lived on benefits and THEN that whole time joe bloggs rents privately and pays tax and then in the end DONT own a propertyso basically out of all of the forum users ASHMAN would be one of the few of us to OWN a propertyIMAGINE THATloooooooolf*cked up

f*ck that. Not matter how much i save it won't be enough.I'm off to a next country.
You know what I am thinking the same.It's f*cking ridiculous, ain't no one gonna have the opportunity to buy a house in a decent neighbourhood, only them rich bastards.After my degree is done and I have a bit of experience I am thinking of going to canada or the states to work.I am seriously mulling this over.At this rate my only hope of getting a house in London is if my uncle kicks the bucket and decides to leave me one of his house to me in his will.
just out of curiousity why canada i got family there and they dont talk about it like its cheaper or anything its nice but i hear many people suggesting canada just not sure why

thats why I'm saying get your houses now. If you've been renting long enough the council even give you a leg up.
Yeah, not really much help to those renting privately lol
can you imagine the shortfall of this when people like ashman and ceazy BUY AND OWN their coucil place cos they had one as they lived on benefits and THEN that whole time joe bloggs rents privately and pays tax and then in the end DONT own a propertyso basically out of all of the forum users ASHMAN would be one of the few of us to OWN a propertyIMAGINE THATloooooooolf*cked up
LOLThat would be some sh*t

the thing is most of us KNOW that going overseas for property is better but the main reason we wanna come back to london is because we were RAISED here and this is exactly the reason that i want my son OUT OF MY HOUSE AND HIS MOTHERS BY 18 YEARS OF AGEi want him to go study wayyyyyyyyyy off the ends and i dont mean some place in britain such as leeds cos that place is just like a yo yo that starts in london and basically they REVOLVE round it.i mean like america or canada etc that way he can have a taste for life elsewhere i now believe that TRAVELLING is one of the best and most important things for people today so they can truly see beyond this kinda thing as most of us are just not a custom to other lifestyle due to what we are used to.

the thing is most of us KNOW that going overseas for property is better but the main reason we wanna come back to london is because we were RAISED here and this is exactly the reason that i want my son OUT OF MY HOUSE AND HIS MOTHERS BY 18 YEARS OF AGEi want him to go study wayyyyyyyyyy off the ends and i dont mean some place in britain such as leeds cos that place is just like a yo yo that starts in london and basically they REVOLVE round it.i mean like america or canada etc that way he can have a taste for life elsewhere i now believe that TRAVELLING is one of the best and most important things for people today so they can truly see beyond this kinda thing as most of us are just not a custom to other lifestyle due to what we are used to.
REAL TALK!!!The world is a big place.

just out of curiousity why canada i got family there and they dont talk about it like its cheaper or anything its nice but i hear many people suggesting canada just not sure why
Well Canada because quality if life is better, crime rates are generally lower, the people generally are really friendly plus I have loads of family round there.But Canada is slightly boring if young apparently, it is perhaps the place to go when you hit 30 and you are ready to settle down and stuff.All I know is that to buy a property here i need help from my rich relatives since I am the poorest on both sides of the fam I must be in a couple of wills....lol

OKAY well im going next year last time i went i was like in my very early teens but i went with parents just before i went jamaica it was heavy still (for a kid) i dont think ill like it if i dont go with my son maybe i should go myspace and make a few FEMALE canadian friends so i can soar my british oatsanyone been to the skylon tower some made tower that revolves was heavy