GETTING MARRIED

n/a

theres a woman i work with payin 20 k includin honeymoon for her weddingon a serious not when i get married fuk that i will put that money towards a house or a big honey moon r u on a big weddin for everyman nd his dog???????mine will be excluuuuuuuus no anyguys

The average uk wedding costs £18,000I've seen weddings on a lower budget than that turning out beautifully.I know I'll have the money to spend big on my wedding. I wouldn't want it to be too opulent or garish, my wedding day should be the best day of my life. If you've got it, spend it.My guess is that she's putting it all on credit and if that is so then bun it.She'll be paying it off for the rest of her life.She could get a nice house with that money.

i work at weddings now its one of my jobs and BOY i was at one wedding in woolwich the other day some doctor was gettin marriedabout over 1000 seats to tables each table had like ten chairs it had some big marqee thingy (nigerian wedding) it was nice and i was thinkin to myself IF MY GIRL SAW THISim tellin you man i am NOT going to ANY wedding with a woman EVERbut at the same time is it really right for me to deprive a woman of thatOF COURSE IT IS SHE CAN MARRY HER EXkmt

I actually don't want to get married. Don't see the need. You can be like my parents who got married, and divorced when I was 2, or it can be like my aunt and uncle who have been together for 19-20 years, but aren't married. Not saying you're doomed if you get married, but why take the step if the outcoimne is the same as not being married bar a big flash day for the woman, and a ring she can show off to all her bredrins and other women. It's a show off day for women. I know my girl wants to get married. Going to try and brainwash her still.

I actually don't want to get married. Don't see the need. You can be like my parents who got married, and divorced when I was 2, or it can be like my aunt and uncle who have been together for 19-20 years, but aren't married. Not saying you're doomed if you get married, but why take the step if the outcoimne is the same as not being married bar a big flash day for the woman, and a ring she can show off to all her bredrins and other women. It's a show off day for women. I know my girl wants to get married. Going to try and brainwash her still.
It might be a show off day but its the one day in your life you dream about. I swear from when you're a little girl its all you think about.Yeah the wedding day is cool but I really wanna be a Mrs, I want to have the love of my life's surname. I don't wanna be a partner, I wanna be a wife. It cements things for me.

It might be a show off day but its the one day in your life you dream about. I swear from when you're a little girl its all you think about.Yeah the wedding day is cool but I really wanna be a Mrs, I want to have the love of my life's surname. I don't wanna be a partner, I wanna be a wife. It cements things for me.
Agreed. Its a thing where marriage works for some people and doesn't for others. My parents have been married for 28years. Obviously theres been times when my mum wanted to my buss my dad's nigerian head BUT to them, marriage was more than just a piece of paper and ring. But a life-long and exclusive agreement

People need to realise that marrage is much more than the wedding. In reality the wedding is the easy part. traditionally your ment to spend 1/3 of your anuual income on a wedding/ engagement ring.Wedding doesnt need to be extravagant. Should be a nice day, yes one of the best days of your life, but it should be consistent with your lifestyle.

Now, if I was getting married, I would want it to be a small thing, as I'm not into massive extravagant events for myself. And LOG, you said it yourself...

It might be a show off day but its the one day in your life you dream about. I swear from when you're a little girl its all you think about.
It's what girls dream about. What man you know anxiously thinking about his wedding day and sharing the surname that isn't wearing the bridal gown and walking arm and arm with a man?

People need to realise that marrage is much more than the wedding. In reality the wedding is the easy part. traditionally your ment to spend 1/3 of your anuual income on a wedding/ engagement ring.Wedding doesnt need to be extravagant. Should be a nice day, yes one of the best days of your life, but it should be consistent with your lifestyle.
Real talk

registry office + rent out the local hall >>>>>> 20 k wedding
biggrin.gif I went to a wedding like that only 2 weeks ago, it was heavy bare fun. The couple were proper happy.As for me I dont want to get married, I say this to my friends and its like I just said I slept with their mothers. Bare screwfaces and trying to put me on the spot.

i doubt i can have a small wedding even if i want one. i dont have the balls like my cuz who only invited 30people!!! we got a big family, but it is not about going beyond your means, taking out a loan which u cant easily repay or going so much into debt cos of one day's event.if u know your means and your family's means can afford a big wedding then why not. the people who come to see ur loan money on display for a flash wedding arent gonna be the ones receiving a bill at the end of the month