50 Cent Accepts Offer To Debate Kanye On Live TV

Agony

50 Cent Accepts Offer To Debate Kanye On Live TV Monday, 06 August 2007ImageSuperstar rappers Kanye West and 50 Cent will go head-to-head on September 11, the day both artists' sophomore albums land in stores.While fans of both rappers have relished in the friendly rivalry that seems to be brewing between the pair over the release date, 50 Cent has actually accepted a challenge to debate Kanye West on live TV.50 Cent appeared on BET's 106 & Park countdown show on Friday to promote his upcoming album Curtis.During the show, he accepted an offer from hosts Terrance J. and Rocsi to engage Kanye West in a presidential style "debate" to decide who has the best album, weeks before their albums hit stores.The rivalry started when West's release date for his Def Jam/Universal release Graduation was shifted from September 18 to September 11.Conversely, 50 Cent's album Interscope/Universal album Curtis was moved from September 4 to September 11."I accept the challenge," 50 Cent told millions of viewers on Friday (August 3). "Kanye, he's not going to want to show up. Just don't be asking me if I am a conscious rapper. I know exactly what I am saying - so I am conscious."If Kanye were to accept the challenge posed by the hosts, the two colorful, outspoken rappers would appear live on the show to debate who has the better produced album.50 Cent's sophomore album The Massacre sold over 1 million copies during its first week in stores, while West's second album Late Registration moved 860,000 units its first week on the shelves.While 50 Cent claimed that Def Jam President Jay-Z would cave in and switch Kanye's release date, Jay-Z himself shot the notion down and welcomed the competition.Popular gambling website Bodog.com recently began taking bets on which artist will sell more during the first week, if they hit stores on September 11 as planned.Fans have wagered that 50 Cent's Curtis will outsell West's Graduation (180 to 140), while Curtis is also the favorite to top Billboard's Top 200 album chart. http://www.rapgodfathers.com/content/view/3616/165/

kanye wud get trounced...u know why ?? cos curtis is on interscope and the machine is fully behind him at all times...there is no beating that.They can make mc hotweels platinum in a week and feel no way cos they hav that typa money to make them things happen....doesnt measn they will recoup but still...as far as sales fiddy had this earlyK-dot.1

it's just part of 50's desperation. the backlash that is starting to affect HH based on its content and imagery nowadays affects 50 more than kanye. if i were kanye i'd just laugh him off and say "i didnt know we were running for anything, i'm just releasing an album.. he scared??"

Guest Durrty Boi

50 aint even lit a fire with tthe 3 tunes he's released so farKanye done 2 (well one really) and caused more heat than 50i doubt 50 will outsell, everyone's bored of him now

it's just part of 50's desperation. the backlash that is starting to affect HH based on its content and imagery nowadays affects 50 more than kanye. if i were kanye i'd just laugh him off and say "i didnt know we were running for anything, i'm just releasing an album.. he scared??"
in a world where kanye wasnt as gassed as he is i would entertain the thought and maybe even debate the issue...unfortunately kanye will not let this guy outshine him unless he fears gettin deleted which i doubt he does from how he acted wen he ddnt get best video at the vma's...mans heads too big...he will be advised not to challenge fiddy but he will still have some type of argument on how his album is the perfect classicK-dot.1

KANYE DEADS THE DEBATE WITH 50 CENT!People have been saying that 50 and Kanye coming out on the same day is the presidential election for Hip-Hop. To me, thatâs silly, but OH WELL. Anyway, remember 50 Cent said that he would accept the deal and even do it on live TV. Well, the word is Kanye has spoken out against the whole thing and deemed it pretty silly. In fact, he said that all they can do is verbally spar about who has the best album. At the end of the day, Ye said the it is a great thing for Hip-Hop that both albums are dropping on the same day.

KANYE DEADS THE DEBATE WITH 50 CENT!People have been saying that 50 and Kanye coming out on the same day is the presidential election for Hip-Hop. To me, thatâs silly, but OH WELL. Anyway, remember 50 Cent said that he would accept the deal and even do it on live TV. Well, the word is Kanye has spoken out against the whole thing and deemed it pretty silly. In fact, he said that all they can do is verbally spar about who has the best album. At the end of the day, Ye said the it is a great thing for Hip-Hop that both albums are dropping on the same day.
That' what I said in my 1st post...Man was on TRL yesterday and just deaded it...Why are you debating for?Just go into the studio and make music

Would have been good. That would have been quality viewing. The 2 biggest artists and ego's in the gameI dont know who will win out of the two. That Stronger song is officially garbage. If it wasnt Kanye you guys wouldnt feel it as much as you do. Come on, admit it, its wack. I hope that song was made for mtv 'cause it aint had no play on BET. If it wasnt for Cant Tell Me Nothing I doubt I'd even wanna hear it that much fearing that it would be really bad50 is 50 at the end of the day. Yeah he hasnt had the singles but he is 50.

Would have been good. That would have been quality viewing. The 2 biggest artists and ego's in the gameI dont know who will win out of the two. That Stronger song is officially garbage. If it wasnt Kanye you guys wouldnt feel it as much as you do. Come on, admit it, its wack. I hope that song was made for mtv 'cause it aint had no play on BET. If it wasnt for Cant Tell Me Nothing I doubt I'd even wanna hear it that much fearing that it would be really bad50 is 50 at the end of the day. Yeah he hasnt had the singles but he is 50.
That's fair enough innitYeah, Stronger might not be a Gold Digger but the whole debate is based around the quality of the albums...Its quite evident that Kanye's album will be of better QUALITY. This isn't about sales.This is why I'm glad Kanye ain't replied. It's pointless...Plus, it'd bring his credibilty down