Sign in to follow this  
Aquaman

hiphop Cassidy "im on it still...but only vs mainstream rappers who r gold"

During a recent appearance on Funkmaster Flex's Hot 97 radio show Philly rapper Cassidy revealed that he is more than willing to jump back into the battling arena.Cass, who made a name for himself earlier in his career by taking on Roc-A-Fella rapper Freeway, stressed that he will only participate in a Fight Klub battle if his opponent is a respected artist."It has to beneficial. If it's one of the up-and-coming dudes that's known for being mixatape stars, it's not gonna benefit me if I eat 'em up," Cassidy explained. "It's just going to be expected anyway. Let say they put me up to battle Hov at a time like now, just the whole situation however it turns out it will beneficial for me because of the name he got. [Watch Part 1 Of the Interview Here]"Let's say they put me out to battle 50," he continued. "Imagine what that would be like? They already know, if we get it pooping it would be so much around it that it will be beneficial no matter how it turned out." [Watch Part 2 Here]"You have to be gold or better," added Swizz Beatz, who was also there with the rapper. "We taking on all challengers."Both Cass and Swizz also revealed that they have no beef with 50 Cent despite the fact that the G-Unit honcho took the drums off their hit "I'm A Hustla" and used it on his current single "I Get Money.""I feel so glad knowing that I had to struggle to make that sound popular," Cassidy said. "I remember when me and Swizz were putting it together and I remember when it started popping in Philly in the clubs and I came back to Swizz and I said, 'I need to lay verses over it' because it was a freestyle first. A lot of people didn't believe in it.""We know it wasn't an intentional situation he just did cause it was hot," explained Swizz, who also revealed that he's completed a couple of songs for 50's forthcoming album, Curtis, hitting shelves on September 11. "I just did five joints for 50, so it's all gravy."Cass' new LP, The Barry Adrien Reese Story (B.A.R.S.), is set to hit stores on September 18. It features appearances from John Legend, Beanie Sigel, Fabolous, Bone Thugs-N-Harmony, Eve and Rell with production supplied by Swizz Beatz, Neo Da Matrix, Scott Storch, Timbaland and Cool and Dre.http://sohh.com/articles/article.php/12252

Guest Removal Man
I guess thats a definite no to Murda Mook..that would be a tough battle but for real Cass wouldn't gain anything.
is he not talkin bout Budden then?