Sign in to follow this  
Hendrix

Pensions

Who has one?Whos it with?Who hasnt got one?Who wants one?Who doesnt?Whos too young to think about getting one?Who just couldnt give a sh*t?

Good to see all you VIPers have your futures sorted!For the record, i dont have one either... but its on my list of things to do. Somewhere between ending poverty & learning to play the Voodoo Child riff i think.

Pension is a big bump still.Better off saving your dough.
Why are they a 'bump'?
Cos theres loads of fine print about administration costs if you move to a different company, if you die b4 a guarenteed' period (5 or 10 years b4 your pension age) etc...They could run off with your dough if you dont live very long or for Money Purchase schemes if the money was invested badly you may get a poor amount back on what you were paying in, happened to thousands of people, they thought they would get back what they were putting into their pension but they didnt realise it was based on how well their money was invested.Better off saving your dough with a bank, get a personal pension or just use a savings account.

sounds interesting. My career will involve alot of company hopping as a contractor so a personal pensions sounds right for me.