Bashment/Dancehall Reggae Thread

Numero001

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not really a bashment head but my ear's been catching some good tunes since my mum's come back from yardaidonia - hot wuk/fuktony matterhorn - mi backdeva bratt - autotunefirst 2 are old i know, low mesomeone hook us up or point me in the direct to get mixtapes and that

Pisstake that they cancelled the Jah Cure concert, i know my cousin must be screwing on a next levelI need to get into some bashment tunes, cus when im at a rave and i hear bashment it deads the night off for me LolLast year or the yr b4 that was big for bashment, like Elephant Man - willie bounce, tuk in yuh belly etc

this year has got an influx of good/decent riddims but thats mostly because of munga and movado cant seem to do anyting wrong this year.last year had a wider range of artists having bangers and riddims like showoff, smash, 85, anger management are all classics, and the year before that you had seasons, istanbul, throwback giggy etc.while this year i cant say off the off my head which riddims are classic.There have been a few culture,one drop classics this year still.

Artillery, Bluetooth, Tremor, Gully Creature, Gang War, Dark Again, Shadow and Darker Shadow are maassivvvvve riddims with at least 3 tunes on each riddim that will get a good response/forward, with riddims like Purge, Eclipse and Torpedo being some examples of good riddims. Only problem is they arent very female friendly.And Dipset, DJs over here dont tend to play the proper sh*t, dont know about up there but unless your going to certain places down here your hearing tunes from late last year like its new.Silent is right, there havent been loads of artists doing well this year although I would say theres about 4 people that are running for DJ of the year, Mavado took the first part of the year after his war with Cartel and no one expected him to come back, Munga took the summer clean and Busy is doing very well now, but Cartel has been quite strong throughout the year.He was mainly concentrating on the girl tunes but he has come back with the badman tunes again on Shadow, Darker Shadow and Shooter riddimsBut check some of them riddims and I'm sure you'll find something that you like. HH and RnB isnt seeing Dancehall right now for big tunes. I cant even make Cd's of the genre's anymore cause the genre's just arent cutting it.

Artillery, Bluetooth, Tremor, Gully Creature, Gang War, Dark Again, Shadow and Darker Shadow are maassivvvvve riddims with at least 3 tunes on each riddim that will get a good response/forward, with riddims like Purge, Eclipse and Torpedo being some examples of good riddims. Only problem is they arent very female friendly.And Dipset, DJs over here dont tend to play the proper sh*t, dont know about up there but unless your going to certain places down here your hearing tunes from late last year like its new.Silent is right, there havent been loads of artists doing well this year although I would say theres about 4 people that are running for DJ of the year, Mavado took the first part of the year after his war with Cartel and no one expected him to come back, Munga took the summer clean and Busy is doing very well now, but Cartel has been quite strong throughout the year.He was mainly concentrating on the girl tunes but he has come back with the badman tunes again on Shadow, Darker Shadow and Shooter riddimsBut check some of them riddims and I'm sure you'll find something that you like. HH and RnB isnt seeing Dancehall right now for big tunes. I cant even make Cd's of the genre's anymore cause the genre's just arent cutting it.
vybz merks that riddim nicely

See Dipset, you havent been following this thread properly have you? Give the genre a listen and its evident that it is the most entertaining genre about for club music. But dont get it twisted there's concious tunes out there doing itPree some of the tunes that I've listed in this and tell me that the riddims are better club music than the HH and RnB that you've been listening to

Demarco - Fallen SoldiersNot new new but tune bad ya f*ckPeople say there's no variety in Dancehall music but theres absolutely no variety on the dancefloors as far as HH is concerned. Deep/concious songs get no airplay in HH parties and most certainly dont get forwards