Bashment/Dancehall Reggae Thread

Numero001

Demarco- War them all day n nighthttp://www.zshare.net/audio/5553324ff37642/Bounty Killer diss to kartel- Guns dem soarinhttp://www.zshare.net/audio/54686987bfd5ad/Munga- Gwan Pree (new lyrics different riddim)http://www.zshare.net/audio/555201350ffb87/Erupt- Really Hothttp://www.zshare.net/audio/5553771a861162/I'll up some more 2moro along with some riddims.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DANCEHALL INSIDERSâ PICKS⢠Richie Feelings of BEMBEMALE DJ: Mavado because he was very consistent, he dominated in the early part of the year with songs like âDreamingâ, âGully Sideâ, while Kartel was second. Beenie Man was a late non-starter, Munga dominated the summer so mi nah tek it from Mavado, him deserve it. FEMALE DJ: Queen Ifrica take over the ting.Reggae Rhythm of the Year: Ghetto Blues featuring hits by Voice Mail, Wayne Wonder and Cherine Anderson/Fenda and Christopher Martin. Honourable mentions to Guardian Angel, Heavenly with âBrown Skinâ and âJamdownâ with Below The Waist. Reggae Song of the Year: Tarrus Rileyâs âSheâs Royalâ but it tie with two of his other songs, âBewareâ and âStay With Youâ.Dancehall Song of the Year: âWine Pon Youâ by Vybz Kartel was the biggest tune fi several months so him win by points, âBack It Upâ pick up late in the last part of the summer but when âWine Pon Youâ play, all the girls dem get mad and that was the case fi months.Dancehall Rhythm of the Year: Firelinksâ Airwave was the banger. Tremor gets the second most play with Kartel, Mavado, Elephant Man and so on. Last year, Show Off got the most play with the Beenie-Bounty-Angel passa passa, and Last Night and Erup and so on. Dance of the Year: Tek Weh YuhselfSlang: Bembe Singer of the Year: Alaine, Cherine Anderson, and EtanaBreakthrough Artiste: Bugle and I-Maroon with âMi Saltâ, that song get crazy play as well. ⢠CLIVE AQUARIUSMale DJ: Munga sell the most. He was the most popular, him tek the biggest piece of the cake with songs like âBad From Mi Bornâ and âWine Pon Itâ. Mavado slow down in the last part of the year.Female DJ: Queen IfricaReggae Song of the Year: âSheâs RoyalâDancehall Song of the Year: âBad From Mi BornâReggae Rhythm of the Year: Guardian AngelDancehall Rhythm of the Year: Don sold the most. Artillery over Firelinksâ Airwave. Breakthrough Artiste: Bugle⢠NIKKI Z Male DJ of the Year: Personally, I believe that Busy deserves it. His songs have the most meaning to society. However, Mavado had the most hits between the end of 2006 to present, and of course, Beenie is the artiste that the people love the most. Addi is the boss, excellent songs but it wasnât a special year for him. It is between Mavado and Beenie Man for me, but it will come down to who the people love the most. People are still waiting to see if Mavado can have longevity and continue to keep coming up with the hits. Female DJ: Queen Ifrica hands down. I put in Queen Ifricaâs CD and played every track, I did not have to fast forward any song, and at first it was one song, now she has 10 songs on the radio. Yu cannot mess with the Fyah Mumma.Dancehall Rhythm: Airwave had the most impactReggae Rhythm: Guardian AngelDancehall Song of the Year: Mungaâs âWine Pon Itâ. When that plays in the club, the girls lose their minds. âBack It Upâ is a runner up with âThe Daysâ third.Reggae Song of the Year: Tarrus Rileyâs âSheâs RoyalâBreakthrough Artiste: Bugle, itâs all Bugle.⢠DJ SMURFMale DJ: Beenie Man. When it comes to the charts, it is clear Beenie should get it, two number ones, âBack It Upâ and âGive It Upâ featuring Barbee. Mavado was leading a good part of the year, slow down and then pick up again. To me, Busy hot now but him start the year late and run on in the last. Kartel did well with âWine Pon Yuhâ, but when it comes to charts and consistency, yu have to say Beenie even though he doesnât have as many party songs. Female DJ: Queen Ifrica hit with âBelow The Waistâ and she followed up with âDaddy Doan Touch Me Thereâ. She is leading but Macka did well with âHula Hoopâ.Song of the Year: âBack It UpâReggae Rhythm: Guardian AngelDancehall Rhythm: It is between Artillery (âNuh Fleshâ, âDoan Mek Mi Hold Yuhâ, âWifeyâ) and Raging Bull (âWine Pon Yuhâ, âGet Mad Nowâ and âEarthquakeâ)Breakthrough Artiste: Bugle⢠DJ KENNYMale DJ of the Year: Busy. Busy is hot right now, and him have crazy hits, âRise And Beatâ, âRisingâ, âThese Daysâ, âNah Go Jail Againâ, âGully Codeâ, âBuss Itâ, âSex Time Fi Jam 2â, and âPrivate Numberâ. Munga de second âcause him have a good year too. Mavado have nuff songs but dem nah push right now. Kartel de third, most of his songs get good response, âWaan Fi War Meâ, â50 Caliberâ, âWifeyâ on the Artillery, âSeductive Wineâ and âMy Schemeâ and dem songs de. Mi no know wha the people dem a deal wid between Kartel and Mavado right now, it come in like whoever tune dem play last get the biggest forward, it nuh matter which tune.Female DJ of the Year: Queen IfricaDancehall Song of the Year: âBack It UpâReggae Song of the Year: âSheâs RoyalâBreakthrough Artiste: BugleReggae Rhythm of Year: Guardian AngelDancehall Rhythm of the Year: Firelinkâs Airwaves which had the hits like âGully Sideâ, Killaâs âNutten Nuh Changeâ, Kartelâs âKnock Itâ and âProduct Of The Ghettoâ. Honorable mentions are Artillery and Liquidâs Bluetooth riddim with Mavadoâs âSqueeze Her Breastsâ.From when you have the iniders undecided on Male DJ of the year, you know di year did bad.

⢠Numero001Male DJ of the Year: Havent got a clue. Cartel ran the very beginning after his 3rd round win over arguably the best DJ last year Mavado which finally ended on the Black Chiney produced Drumline riddim. Had early sucess pleasing the ladies especially on Whine Pon You then had gunfingers from man dem on Tremor Riddim wth No Bodda Try as well as Lock It on Airwave. He had a few other good songs such as his twice (dont say 2) tunes on Purge (Cook and Protect Mine) but that was a bout it on the dancehall scene before Summer. He showed his versatility by not only appearing on a one drop (reggae) riddim but also singing on the Guardian AngelJust as summer finished tho Cartel found di ting dem and returned with an onslaught of gun tunes that literally sent dancefloors across Jamaica into a frenzy, beginning with contender for song of the year Send Fi Mi Army on Dark Again, No Permission on the Shadow and My Scheme on Darker Shadow, all soundtracks were supplied by now 17 y-o Di GeniusComing off the back of a major major year, Mavado had early success with tunes that leacked over from last year including anthems Dying and Dreamin came back on the Fire Links cooked-up monster Air Wave with most probably the best comeback statement in music history "Mi nah gawn no where, mi deyah same way.... Yow di gangsta deyah pon di gullyside!" With that one tune everyone knew that Mavado was not a fad from last year. Dont Cry and Amazing Grace were also released earlier this year.He had his first female hit with the lets say unorthodox Squeeze Breast and stuck to that How Gangstas deal with girls formula and followed up with (f*ck Her) Twice A Day and Force It Up (Hard In Her).Dropped the most solid album I heard from any genre this year so for that alone I feel to give it to him. Didnt do a great deal in Summer but still had tunes running but he also stepped back into the dancehall and dropped monsters such as Brown Bottle, Guns Out and my personal faves Life Of A G and Which Gal.Munga had a major breakthrough this year. Although it wasnt his first year in the biz he only had one major single before on Don Carleon produced High Altitude riddim Flippin Rhymes which set off what was to be a great partnership for 2007. This year he dubbed himself the "Gangsta Ras" which caused a lot of contreversy amongst Rasta's and Baldheads alike. He provided me with an onslaught of hits in the 1st few (2) quarters including Earthquake, Nuh Flesh, Do Dem Own Ting and my two faves Bad From Mi Born and Wine Pon It. During the summer you couldnt touch any dance without him getting crazy forwards and many ravers screaming "Yess Yesss". He has killer hooks but to me lacks substance in verses so although he had a major impact on the year I wouldnt give it to himBusy Signal was quiet in the first 2 (cant be bothered to call it anything else now) with sporadic success here and there notably Rising To The Top and his concious anthem The Days, but never really sustained anything till as Summer was finishing. He dropped Nah Go Jail and Rise And Beat and Busy was back in business. People So Evil, Gun Inna Hand, Pon Di Edge and Man Strapped. Honourable mention to: Assasin. Laced bare big tunes but cant be bothered to type nowProducer of the year: Don Carleon. Produced many of the top riddims from Raging Bull to Bluetooth and Artillery. Stephen has been running post-summer tho.Riddim of the Year: Ironically I think its out of two Stephen riddims, Tremor or Dark AgainDancehall song of the Year: Another tough one. Out of Touch The Road - Vado, Wine Pon It, Bad From Mi Born - both Munga, Squeeze Breast - Vado, What I'm Gonna Do - Bugle and Send Fi Mi Army - Cartel . Right now I say Send Fi Me Army.Reggae song of the Year: She's Royal is big but bored me after constant rotation in Jamaica then as I came back here it started to get big. Stay With You and Beware are better to me, but the best is Pressure - Love And AffectionAnyone media related need a Dancehall/Reggae connoseur to write, interview or advise on whats good playlist wise, click my name and message me. I dont bite or nyam Forget Goldfinger, Rodigan and Daddy Ernie and young and relevant to the youthsLong but this is what a Friday inside does. Read it, you'll enjoy.

Haze-e/Perverted Hermit.Male DJ - Come on... Has to be Movado. Too consistent. Every tune is fire. Album was big and whenever one of his tunes gets played anywhere ultimate hype.Squeeze breasts, Touch Di Road, Gully Side, Gangsta Life, Force It Up her... Too much to mention.Close second has to be Munga for exactly the same reason. Bad from Mi Born was one of the biggest tunes of the year as was Wine pon it and Nuh flesh.Female DJ - mi and mi lova just always a fightbut him know weh fi do fi mek mi smile get brightwi war and him lef and nuh come back till lateinna di hourswid a bunch a di nicest flowerseven though mi vex till mi blood a boilone look below di waist and mi humble like a childcyaah help if mi could'n hide di feelingplus him a trill mi wid di most sweet talking yuh know mi naah guh knock yuh dung babynow mi just waah hold yuh dung babyhim seh gwaan guh put on yuh thong babyand before yuh know it is anudda babyEnuff said really...Producer - As Numero said... Don Corleon for someone so young (I think) is very sickRiddim of the year - Hmmmm. Tremor is probably the winner... Amazing grace, Nuh budda try, Rass it up. But Bluetotth provided me with Squeeze breast and Numero's sig... Gangstas do them own ting. Dark again gave See them a pree (Suck yuh mumma) and Empty. There was much more big riddims this year... There was actually alot of sick riddims this year.Im probably undecided.Song of the year - Cheeeeeeeeeze.I have to say Squeeze breast or Nuh flesh. Two of the tunes that just make me get up when flung on.Reggae tune of the year - Numero i think you got it backwards. Love and Affection is sick but shes royal. Jeez.There.Just a quick response to Numero giving my opinions. Lol.

The new Big Ship riddims are sick, Stephen McGregor is bringin a grime element to the dancehall scene.
That what I'm tryna show people. He is the grime producer in Dancehall, Don Carleon is the more melodic party/girl producer, Stephen makes them straight tuggy-buss-your-guns/gunfinger for the civilised ones.The balance is great. Then you have Daseca making the inbetweens amongst others making big riddims like Shoot Out and Gang War etc.

• 2 weeks later...
Voicemail - Up And Live [up And Live Riddim]One of many big dance tracks right now bubbling in Jamaica.Chiney K [big Ship/Stephen McGregor], Atmosphere [Don Corleon}, Supa Charge [baby G] are all riddims running tings in JA as well as Shoot Out and Shooter. I'll try and upload one of each later or tomorrowMunga - Talk Dem Ah Talk (Big Ship diss) [Don Carleon]Another big tune in Yard now, may have seen it in my sig about a month or 2 back

Voicemail - Up And Live [up And Live Riddim]One of many big dance tracks right now bubbling in Jamaica.Chiney K [big Ship/Stephen McGregor], Atmosphere [Don Corleon}, Supa Charge [baby G] are all riddims running tings in JA as well as Shoot Out and Shooter. I'll try and upload one of each later or tomorrowMunga - Talk Dem Ah Talk (Big Ship diss) [Don Carleon]Another big tune in Yard now, may have seen it in my sig about a month or 2 back
Just remembered the big tune on Up and Live riddim is Deva Brat (rising star in the game) and Cartel's girl tune. Cartel will most prob be the signature tune off the riddim but I aint uploading that

oh sh*t, how have i never seen this topic???Any how:On Top FM 95.5 (South London) -- Young Kickers Dancehall Show Sat'day 2pm-4pm
Julian?
not even like.. just bredrins wid a couple of them, so supporting the cause.how you know them?
ok ok. Julian went to my college and I remember him being apart of young kickers.

SILENT SOLJAHMale DJ - Very close between Movado & Munga. Both had a very good year altho they both had a few quiet spells as well. Personally its two close to call so for me its a draw between them two.Vybz, Busy & Aidonia had good years as well so they get a lil mention.Female DJ - lady IfricaProducer - Don CorleonRiddim of the year - There were loads of big riddims this year. Dark again, Bluetooth or HeavenlySong of the year - Squeeze breast, Force it up or any dub on the heavenly riddimReggae tune of the year - HMMMMMM it's def a dub on heavenly riddim but i cant choose which one. Heavenly is easily one of the best one drop riddims since seasons and had just as many classics. Alaine, Richie Spice, capleton and Gentleman had the best cuts on it but all versions are big.