Disastrous choice for captain

Buc Nasty

After that whole fiasco of making Henry skipper just for the sake of it, I don't understand why Gallas has been chosen. A guy who played minimal amount of games last season and slagging the club off at any given oppourtunity to the press WHY?Gilberto deserved the armband don't give sh*t. How some can say Diaby is better and Gil will lose his place next season is sheer idiocy.Not impressed.

Im cool with Gallas, he has a win at all costs attitude & we've seen his interview on SSN when he say's we won't be playing that 'pass the ball around the box a million times' football. Everything he's said in the press is usually true anyway so we should be happy about this, all the problems we've had he's shown he's not happy with & now he's in a position to address them.It's all good.

i can c good+bad things from thisbut if hes gunna lead by example i cant c a problem,IF the rest of the squad is happy enough about him being captainlike tyred said winning means it all 2 gallas,hes bang on winning no matter how.if things dont go r way they could turn sour but the whole idea is that they dont this season

Im cool with Gallas, he has a win at all costs attitude & we've seen his interview on SSN when he say's we won't be playing that 'pass the ball around the box a million times' football. Everything he's said in the press is usually true anyway so we should be happy about this, all the problems we've had he's shown he's not happy with & now he's in a position to address them.It's all good.
Co-sign

Arsène Wenger has confirmed that William Gallas will captain Arsenal during the coming season. The centre back, who joined from Chelsea less than a year ago, will be supported by vice-captains Gilberto and Kolo Toure on the pitch while Jens Lehmann will have a role off it. Speaking to Arsenal TV Online on Thursday lunchtime the Arsenal manager outlined the reason for the change. Wenger is in charge of a very young squad this term so he needs to use every scrap of experience. â[The captain] will be William Gallas,â he said. âThere will also be two vice-captains, Kolo Toure and Gilberto. âI feel centre back is always the best position to lead on the pitch and it is Gallas who has more experience at the back. But Gilberto has always been a great captain and Kolo Toure has a stature too. âAswell I made a decision that I want all those experienced players, along with Jens Lehmann, to be involved off the pitch. Players like Jens and Gilberto can play the role of a club captain. They can have a very strong impact mentally on the team. I want them to take on that responsibility.â
Co-sign

Guest King Ronnie Coleman
Co-sign

I still hate this decision 100% unless Gil comes out and speaks about what he thinks.

At least he always wants to win and will tell people when they arent playing well
Aslong as it aint that sh*t Henry was doing last season, moaning and giving dirty looks if the ball hadn't reached him pinpoint.

You lot will soon forget about Gilberto when Gallas is leading us to great things and Diaby takes Gilbertos place.Its bait Wenger knows Gilberto wont be first team for too much longer.
this guys hapsloves diaby more than diabys parents do.iJokebut i know ure hoping it will allow diaby 2 breakthrough in the teamall im saying is i cant c wenger dropping gilberto when hes back,so if he doesnt get injured how will diaby progress 2 become ready 4 the 1st team