Daniel Alves - "Beg U Sign Me Jose"

Sinister

Alves sets sights on Chelsea moveBrazilian right-back Daniel Alves has pleaded with Sevilla to consider an offer from Chelsea.The £20m-rated 24-year-old says he wants to join a bigger club - and Chelsea is his preferred destination."It's a wonderful opportunity and I don't want to let it pass," said Alves, whose agent has spoken to several European clubs."Sevilla should look after me. In the four years I have been here I've given my best. I just want them to listen."He added: "We've been looking at Chelsea's offer for a while and that's the one that interests me."Alves wants his future resolved by 15 August when Sevilla play AEK Athens in a Champions League qualifier."If I play for Sevilla in that match, I won't be able to play in the Champions League for another team so I hope everything can be sorted out as soon as possible," he stated.Alves has been at Sevilla for four-and-a-half seasons and played a prominent role as the Rojiblancos won back-to-back Uefa Cups.Right-back was a problematic area for Chelsea last season, with Paulo Ferreira, Geremi and Lassana Diarra filling the slot at various times.

• 4 years later...