Another Car Question

Hendrix

So... My new car is coming next week, probably Monday, make, model and price are irrelevent at this stage.The question is, bearing in mind ive already waited over 4 months for it to be delivered (originally told 4 weeks at the most), do i wait another 3 weeks till the 1st of September and get a 57 plate?I really couldnt give a sh*t what plate the car has. But all i've heard all day is this "yeah, but when you come to sell it..." crap. Is it really gna make that much of a difference to the cars value when i sell it?Common sense says just wait a few more weeks, but i dont have much patience and i want (and need) the car asap.What would you do?What should i do?

The bad thing about cars is that they depreciate atleast every 6months due to new plates coming out so theres no point waiting around for a new plate (in most cases cars that are shipped to the dealers are atleast 6months old anyway and some have been found to have rusted underneath before its even been registered) thats why i wouldnt buy a brand new caralso a bad thing about brand new cars is that when u first get it with 0 miles on the clock the cars are generally slow on start up and top end speed, u then have to clock up 20k miles for the engine to fully break in and be at its manufactures specs in according to top speed etc...if your so worried about selling it in the future, just buy a personalised plate suttin like LR59 TVN and sell it with the car on or after 2009, although this may trick most people, the only way u will tell the age of the car is by the log book, however the dvla kinda clocked on to this so they restrict on what is put on the plate

Wait the 4 weeks, aslong as you have some kind of guarantee that the car will arrive by then.