FAO Everyone on Virgin

JJ

Basically,I rang up and went through the cancelling option, and said that I had phoned up earlier and they had said I could have a free upgrade because I wasn't satisfied with the service, but they couldn't put it through then because the account holder wasn't present.Got account holder (my mums) to speak the password n that 'cuz they wanted to speak to her 'cuz of what I just said.And they go "Ok, what upgrade did we say you could have" I go "upgrade from M to XL" and he goes "Ok, wee'l do that for you now, ok it done, and your bill has now been dropped from £29 to £27 a month"Just leting you know what I did and how easy it really was, I advise EVERYONE to do this asap

yeah, but it only goes down to about 13MB, so I'm still getting aroud 1.3mb/s download speed, hardley anything to complain aboutdo mosta my downloading overnight anyway.they said id only get about 75kb/s upload speed, but im getting like 100 off peak which is sick/

seen, might have to convince the rents to move to virgin but the price being £40 is a bit long, and it will be a bit extra to get them to get a low package then complainbut i want that usenet access lol, because my dad's company pays £30 or under to accommodate his internet bill, and usenet is free with virgin but £5.00 minimum a month if it doesn't come with the ISP.

blud virgin does capif your on xl and you download over 3gb between 4-12 they nock your speed down to 10MBand between 4-12 if your in a busy area they nock your speed down again... mine goes down to about 13MB during this time

cant seem to find it on the site anymore, but theres bare stuff on it on googlejus type in "virgin media capping"http://www.connectedinternet.co.uk/2007/07...capping-policy/ for exampleits if you download over a set amount between 4-12pm then they half your speed for four hours.the set amounts are;M - 350MBL - 1GBXL - 3GB

f*ck virgin, all capped mans connection.And cos I had the oldswag modem, it would discconect my internet for a few min, then reconnect it. Meaning i couldnt do anythignelseon the net.20MB speeds now though with my new modem.But the cappingis still gay. Im tryna downaload about 16GBs of stuff, gotta let it run overnight.

i done somethin similar but with BT..i rang up to cancel my account n complain bout how overpriced their service was (i had a month left in my contract neway)bla bla bla in the end they gave me 8mb unlimited broadband plus BT vision and setanta sports for free for £18 a month

Guest Durrty Boi
i done somethin similar but with BT..i rang up to cancel my account n complain bout how overpriced their service was (i had a month left in my contract neway)bla bla bla in the end they gave me 8mb unlimited broadband plus BT vision and setanta sports for free for £18 a month
thats a sick deal still

It really does depend who you speak to... I had someone who just wouldnt do anything for me, then when i spoke to someone else they dropped my bill from £60 to £40.. Thats £40 a month for XL broadband, XL TV and sky sports by the way..

yeah, but it only goes down to about 13MB, so I'm still getting aroud 1.3mb/s download speed, hardley anything to complain aboutdo mosta my downloading overnight anyway.they said id only get about 75kb/s upload speed, but im getting like 100 off peak which is sick/
1.3mb/s ? how many mb is your modem ?because my modem is 10 mb but the maximum speed i get is 500kb/sec and talk talk told me that is normal .

i heard in france average connection is 17mb and theyre bringing in 100mb soon
The world record for the transfer of data across the Internet has reportedly been broken by telecoms operator Sprint and the Swedish National Research and Education Network (SUNET).The two organisations announced late last week that they had managed to send nearly 840 gigabytes of data across a distance of 16,346km (10,157 miles) in less than 27 minutes, at an average speed of 4.23 gigabits per second.This was equal to 69,073 terabit metres per second (a product of the speed of the transmission and its distance), which exceeded the previous record set by Caltech and CERN earlier this year.top 5Japan 10177 kb/s 4458 kb/sSweden 7421 kb/s 2575 kb/sLatvia 6339 kb/s 2397 kb/sRomania 5791 kb/s 3039 kb/sBulgaria 5191 kb/s 2705 kb/s