So Where Does Ronaldinho Fit Into This Side?

MrJibbles

Ronaldinho wants to leave Barcelona because of Spanish tax laws, it has been revealed.The Brazilian ace, says AS, has ordered his brother and agent, Roberto de Assis, to secure him a deal with Chelsea before the market shuts on Friday night.Ronaldinho, who earns almost £17 million-a-year at Barca, will be due to cough up a massive £7 million to the Spanish taxman in 2008 as he enters year five of his stay in the country.The £40 million Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich will offer for Ronaldinho will also be welcome by Barca after their huge outlay on new signings this summer.
Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich is determined to prise Ronaldinho away from Barcelona before Friday's transfer deadline.The Daily Mail says Abramovich has held two meetings with the player's brother and agent, Roberto de Assis - the last summit being on the weekend in London.The Russian billionaire spent the weekend entertaining Assis, flying him in on his private jet and putting him up at the exclusive Lanesborough Hotel in Mayfair. Abramovich held the second meeting with Assis at his Knightsbridge house on Saturday morning and is understood to have put an offer to him that would make the Brazil star the highest paid player in Europe.Sources at Chelsea last night insisted that the first approach came from Ronaldinho's camp and it is unclear what exact figures have been discussed.It will, however, dwarf the £130,000-a-week deal recently agreed with captain John Terry.Luring Ronaldinho from the Nou Camp is not going to be easy, and not just because the summer transfer window closes this Friday.There is the buy-out clause in the contract Ronaldinho signed at Barcelona in September 2005 which runs until 2010. It is a staggering £85million.But Abramovich is desperate to see his Chelsea side play with more flair and adventure, not least after seeing them stutter to a 1-0 win against Portsmouth on Saturday, and would consider it money well spent for the 27-year-old, who has twice been named World Player of the Year.

When i hear it on sky sport news that when i will believe the story
iits been on sky all morning fam..But stillwhile some of us fantasize on building a killers squad on FM or Pro.. Some russian geezer makes his fantasy's come to reality in the real world..SMH

Barcelona sport director Txiki Berguiristain has dismissed reports linking Ronaldinho with a move to Chelsea. Reports have suggested that Chelsea have made an approach for the Brazilian superstar after Ronaldinho's brother and agent, Roberto de Assis was rumoured to have held talks with Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich. Barcelona have moved quickly to dispel the rumours and Berguiristain insists the classy forward is staying at Camp Nou. Staying put"We do not want to sell him," Berguiristain told Catalunya Radio. "Ronaldinho is our player and I am totally convinced that he will remain at the club. "In this aspect the decision of Barcelona is clear." Berguiristain is not surprised that the Brazilian international is being chased by other clubs, but is adamant that the player is going nowhere as he still has three years to run on his current contract. Interest"It is normal that any of the big clubs in the world desires Ronaldinho, but he has signed a deal with us," added Berguiristain. Begiristain brushed off worries about Ronaldinho's brother and agent, Roberto de Assis reportedly holding talks with Chelsea in London, saying: "This is a subject that does not interest me."

I had my hands to my cheek when I read this. I dunno how reliable this is.If he goes to Chelsea I will feel like crying.

Barcelona sport director Txiki Berguiristain has dismissed newspaper reports linking Ronaldinho with a move to Chelsea.According to the Daily Mail on Monday, Roman Abramovich has held two meetings with Ronaldinho's brother and adviser, the second in London this weekend, in the hope of bringing the Barcelona superstar to the Premier League.The daily paper trumpeted: 'In the most audacious transfer business of his Chelsea tenure, the Russian billionaire spent the weekend entertaining Roberto de Assis Moreira, flying him in on his private jet and putting him up at the exclusive Lanesborough Hotel in Mayfair.'But Barca have moved quickly to dispel the rumours and Berguiristain insists the classy forward is staying at the Nou Camp."We do not want to sell him," Berguiristain told Catalunya Radio."Ronaldinho is our player and I am totally convinced that he will remain at the club."In this aspect the decision of Barcelona is clear."Berguiristain is not surprised that the Brazilian international is being chased by other clubs, but is adamant that the player is going nowhere as he still has three years to run on his current contract."It is normal that any of the big clubs in the world desires Ronaldinho, but he has signed a deal with us," he added.

Guest the_truth_hurts

If Ronnie made this move then his careers offically done. The day you openly admit your playing for $%$% instead of love for the game then your finished. 85 miliion buy out clause says - not happpning. The talk about barca needed to shift Ronnie to buy alves is stupid talk as well.

CHELSEA HAVE DESTROYED ENGLISH FOOTBALL
How??B4 him no one was putting that kinda money into the transfer market
footballers will b turned into mercenariesno more players faithful to one club, just ppl going where the biggest amount of money isanyway, about this rumor, i bet its nothing, just journalists chatting sh*t about something really minor, like they know how to do very welland if it really was true, lol, i dont know where would ronaldinho fit in, chelsea will maybe have to start playing with 15 players on the pitch, or start rugby