Sign in to follow this  
TF/S4DK

afc Ok so there say there up to the physical challenge but...

If you look at our first choice starting 11, most would agree that Jens Lehmann is the most likely to get booked...Other teams dont or wont be intimated by us while it remains that way, I'm just thinking as stupid as it sounds maybe one player needs to take a few red cards for hard tackles this season for the team's benefit.

A red card will come sooner or later anyway, RVP looks likely to get one, same with Fabregas. I don't think us getting red cards would be beneficial cause then we look like a team full of Lehmanns..easy to wind up & other teams would try to get our players sent off, but maybe knocking out a few knee ligaments for those boys who think were soft would send the right message.

Honestly don't there is any more teams out there who would look for a very physical game, we've played Blackburn away which I believe is the toughest probably along with newcastle. Bolton are nothing now and these team don't chuck it at the Emirates where we usually bad teams up (see Blackburn home last season).About the cards, can see RvP getting a few due to his temper but we need to make intelligent fouls and break a few metatarsals.

Red cards for losing your temper, would be the worst red acrds to get cos it will back up the opponents theory.I'm talking about red crads/double yellows for crunching tackles.Think about the days back say 3-4 years ago when our games use to have regular 10 minute periods of boiling over cos of the tackles we would make. Nowadays unless we play Chelsea it rarely happens.