Sign in to follow this  
FA23

Liverpool In For 'The Beast'

Liverpool have tabled a bid of 20million euros (£13.5million) for Real Madrid striker Julio Baptista, according to Marca.The Brazilian - nicknamed 'The Beast' - spent last season on loan at Arsenal but failed to shine consistently, although he did net four goals as the Gunners beat Liverpool 6-3 in a Carling Cup tie at Anfield in January.After helping Brazil win the Copa America over the summer he was linked with a move for AC Milan, but it is now claimed Rafael Benitez has entered the bidding with an offer that may be enough to tempt Real to sell.They are looking to raise money to enable them to make a fresh move for Sevilla full-back Daniel Alves, and Marca claims they could also be ready to sell Roberto Soldado to Benfica. biggrin.gif

Good player, thought he was sh*t, then i clocked the reason why he was playing sh*t.Don't know why Liverpool would go for him lol Swear Rafa needs a defender and he's going for another striker

Guest the_truth_hurts

Torres, Kuyt, Crouch, Voronin, Babel, Lucas, Gerrard, Bennayoun all attackers who can play midfield or striker wheres the space for him? Baptistas dutty trust he'll go on bad if he signs for a premiership team. Arsenal flopped selling him.

I hope this is bollox... Id rather have Adriano if i could choose out of the two. but im sure rafa knows what hes doing

Had a chuckle when I saw this.Missed so many simple chances.Not suited to the Premiership, for a man with the nickname of "The Beast" he got barged off the ball too easy.

THISCANNOTBETRUEWhy on earth do we need Baptista, the two positions he plays are fully covered.Makes no sense like stale toothpaste, must be a wind up.

he wouldnt do any different....kind of player who needs 2 play week in week out.... and he deffinatley isnt going to do that at liverpool...

Baptista wants to play off the striker, but cant control the ball and play quick enough.If Liverpool do sign him I'll be suprised cos they would be well over quota in those positions, that said he will score goals if played regularly.