Wenger turned down signing Adriano...

TF/S4DK

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has revealed he rejected an offer to take Brazil superstar Adriano on loan because he is convinced his existing strikers are ready to flourish.Adriano has slipped down the pecking order at the San Siro and Inter Milan hope a spell at another club - Manchester United and City have been touted as possible destinations - will revive his career.The 25-year-old, who has scored 25 goals in 37 appearances for Brazil, has suffered a loss of form amid a succession of injuries and complaints over his commitment.Part of Wenger's refusal to do business with Inter was because the Italian giants demanded an unnamed Arsenal player on loan in return and the Frenchman was not interested in an exchange deal.But Wenger said also said the strength of his current strike force persuaded him he did not need another forward."I was offered Adriano on loan and I said no," he said."We do not need him and it was an easy decision to make because we're not out there to sign another striker."The agreement was for a loan. Adriano has qualities we don't need. They wanted to give us a player but wanted one back in return."I won't say who it was. I didn't want to lose the player they requested. I didn't necessarily think Adriano would upset the balance of the squad."I have bought Eduardo Da Silva. I already had Emmanuel Adebayor and Robin van Persie and I brought Nicklas Bendtner back."I still have Theo Walcott and Abou Diaby can play through the middle. Why should I bring more forwards in?"I have big faith in my squad and they've proved me right so far this season."

He's played Diaby off the striker before.Bet Inter wanted Gilberto, Robin or William.
im 90% sure it wud be rosicky. declared intrest durin summerwe dont want any big egos messing up team spirit dats why he wudnt get adriano. a winger shud be priority, im still hopeful of a denilson like capture last minute of the window

llow Adriano, last goal I saw him score was against his own team. was big couple years back but he's fallen off hard.I don't think were signing anyone, 3 days until the transfer window closes & we ain't even linked with anyone. Two more signings & I think we could of challenged for everything this season so it's a shame.

llow Adriano, last goal I saw him score was against his own team. was big couple years back but he's fallen off hard.I don't think were signing anyone, 3 days until the transfer window closes & we ain't even linked with anyone. Two more signings & I think we could of challenged for everything this season so it's a shame.
Our squad is looking thin. we needed them wingersi dont like seeing hleb and rosicky on the wing, and when there injured Wenger is putting guys like Denilson and Diaby there. SMHI would of prefered an Anelka type player to play in front of RVP, for the 1st time in a while we have no REAL pace up front. unless you put theo there.I hope Eduardo comes goodbar RVP this is the worst set of strikers we've had in a while

Yeah we need a winger.Anelka would be a great addition considering his form but its just its Anelka... Plus Wenger I think sees him as a stop gap signing, cos I think most people think its only right to give Bendtner & Eduardo a year before adding another one up top, especially with Vela to comeback next year, it might be so not required.Oh & Eduardo is fast.

Eduardo'snot that fast from what I've seenWe definately need wingers

Most Gooners think the Arsenal squad is thin - but it's also unbalanced.It lacks balance because Arsene has eight central midfield players and no flank men : Gilberto, Fabregas, Rosicky, Hleb, Denilson, Diaby , Flamini and Song.What other Champions League club has eight central midfielders and no wingers? Man United ? Liverpool ? Chelsea? AC Milan? Barcelona ?

Eduardo'snot that fast from what I've seenWe definately need wingers
Most Gooners think the Arsenal squad is thin - but it's also unbalanced.It lacks balance because Arsene has eight central midfield players and no flank men : Gilberto, Fabregas, Rosicky, Hleb, Denilson, Diaby , Flamini and Song.What other Champions League club has eight central midfielders and no wingers? Man United ? Liverpool ? Chelsea? AC Milan? Barcelona ?
nah he defo is fast not henry or walcott fast but defo quicki agree with we need wingers tho n walcott aint the answer n idont think when vela comes back he will be either

llow Adriano, last goal I saw him I don't think were signing anyone, 3 days until the transfer window closes & we ain't even linked with anyone. Two more signings & I think we could of challenged for everything this season so it's a shame.
Our squad is looking thin. we needed them wingersi dont like seeing hleb and rosicky on the wing, and when there injured Wenger is putting guys like Denilson and Diaby there. SMH
cosign parts in red heavily. n its inevitable dat this will happensmh its not about seeing flamini at rm.