Do I have a case for discrimination?

Guest Badman Jones

Guest Badman Jones

As many of you know I have suffered with sciatica for some time now, and I have been on incapacity beenfits due to this. 4 months ago I applied for a job with TFL (Transport for London) as a customer services advisor. I passed my telephone interview, passed my assessement tests, passed my role play tests, passed my formal interview, passed my criminal record checkup, I passed everything and met TFLs requirements for the job. I got told verbally that I got the job. Last thing I had to pass was a medical. After under going their tests I passed my hearing tests, I passed my sight tests, I passed my colour blindness test, And I passed my weight, height and blood pressure tests. The doctor however consulted me after saying that they would need more notes from my GP regarding my medical history with my back and the problems suffered. This cost me £75 but I thought it would be worth it because I would be soon back at work. That week I paid that £75 out of our shopping money and made it through a hole week on rations with hope for this job. Now I have been told that I have failed my medical test and I will not be offered employment with TFL. If the doctor told me I passed everything but was concerned about my back. does this not mean I have been discriminated against? I have checked there requirements and I can lift the weights they asked, I can stand on my feet for the amount of time they have asked, infact I can do everything that they require of a customer services advisor. Do I have a case? Anyone have any fruitful advice for me please? Would be much aprieciated.

Guest Badman Jones
there is probably more to itbut if there isn'tyou have a case
there cannot be nothing more to it other then my back.the doc told me everything else was fine. I failed my medical so it must be my back.

You're a d*ck. You piss me off because people like my Dad actually have jobs and work putting pressure on their backs.My Dad had an operation on his back to help it and is permanantly hunchbacked.Instead of complaining about it on the internet and trying to sue or whatever my Dad would go and apply for other jobs.You're a waste.I haven't ever had anything against you but I now think you're a top c*nt.

You're a d*ck. You piss me off because people like my Dad actually have jobs and work putting pressure on their backs.My Dad had an operation on his back to help it and is permanantly hunchbacked.Instead of complaining about it on the internet and trying to sue or whatever my Dad would go and apply for other jobs.You're a waste.I haven't ever had anything against you but I now think you're a top c*nt.
youre a c*nt for not having anything against him 'til now .

You're just fat.

Guest Badman Jones

Listen blad,Your dad is a spastic,I have applied fror other jobs and been knocked back but this job I really put time, effort and money into getting.how am I a d*ck? because I have been discriminated against?

You're just fat.
die slow you crack baby .

Listen blad,Your dad is a spastic,I have applied fror other jobs and been knocked back but this job I really put time, effort and money into getting.how am I a d*ck? because I have been discriminated against?
My Dad's got a job meaning My Dad >> You.He's much higher in the food chain than you.

Guest Badman Jones

But they have taken on other people with the same problems.my cousin applied for the job round the same time. He has started and he said there is an African woman in his group and she limps all over the place and sits down most the day while they all stand.I do have a bad back but I shown them that I can do the job.I passed there tests etc. How can they say "you got the job" and i do have it in writting saying I will be starting my training soon and then next thing I get a phone call saying that I don't have the job.hOW DOES MY BACK EEFECT ME TALKING TO PEOPLE? it is customer services ffs.